Dragon Ball & Mythology: What exactly is the worldview based on?

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As
When he was so accommodating of Goku, while everyone including Whis is worried, I thought either he is not who he seems, or he is so powerful he can be casual.
As an aside...

If you've kept up with the new Super Series, it is rather crazy to see what has occurred so far. The Battle of the Gods has been rather amazing so far...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Zamasu represents a Lucifer type creature - a prodigy, but prideful thinking he can be a better god than God. He gets too big for his pants getting a kick out of judging "mortals," until Zeno has to destroy him.

Right now, if you've been following the series, it is seeming to possibly go that direction with regards to thinking little of mortals. It was rather surprising to see their reactions when universes were wiped out.

Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to watch all the series of DBZ and DBS, but came to realize that Saiyans are actually an alien race, and that aliens are basically fallen angels, as in devils. So I gave up watching the show, and I hope you do too, because there are also more things that are as questionable about the show.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Aliens are not fallen angels, as no one in the Jewish worldview was that the mindset - so I question whether or not you understand fully where your views do not line up and I hope you begin questioning whether your views are fully based in scripture since the show is not a concern when reading the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

Nathan98

May 15, 2017
Ontario
✟16,011.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And I assume the fact that there are multiple characters who are referred to as gods like Beerus, Champa, Zamazu, Belmod, etc. are also passable in scripture?

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And I assume the fact that there are multiple characters who are referred to as gods like Beerus, Champa, Zamazu, Belmod, etc. are also passable in scripture?
Unless one actually avoided what Judaism described when saying God was the "god of Gods" and other things discussed in Judaism (i.e. Monolatry, etc.), yes - one needs to be aware of scripture since the Scriptures never notes there were not other gods. God was supreme but there were other beings - that's a basic.

This was shared earlier in the discussion, as noted here:

At the end of the day, the show is a SHOW - a story.

C.S Lewis did the same thing using mythological points to help others see things when discussing The Chronicles of Narnia - and the same with Tolkien when he made Lord of the Rings. And of course, there's also Paul in Acts 17 when speaking on how others making notice to an unknown God among others and he used the opportunity to speak about the Lord.

But again, legalism causes folks to miss A LOT of what was noted in scripture. That said, if you're in this thread, the focus is on the anime Dragon Ball Z (and Super). If you do not like the show, there's no reason discussing back-and-forth in a thread about the show since that's not the topic. You can always make a thread detailing why you feel shows/anime shows do not help Christians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0