Pennsylvania
✟790,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
This was such a weird film. I watched it as a little kid, thinking, stupidly, that it was a children’s movie. Not really.

“Dad, can we rent this one?”
*all the nightmares later*
Never saw the movie. The book was required reading in Lit class. Yeah, not a children's book.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This was such a weird film. I watched it as a little kid, thinking, stupidly, that it was a children’s movie. Not really.

“Dad, can we rent this one?”
*all the nightmares later*
Didn’t it have the little rabbit foofoo that was telling them all they would have to be good or he would turn the into goons,,, so the moral of the storie was hare today goon tomorrow ..
I was always hear those stories both together from a teacher of autism, from Texas, bless her heart. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn’t it have the little rabbit foofoo that was telling them all they would have to be good or he would turn the into goons,,, so the moral of the storie was hare today good tomorrow ..
I think it was actually a political / social parable with rabbits in place of humans. Kind of like “Animal Farm”; not really a book for kids, pretty disturbing, and meant to be a series of metaphors.

Watership Down - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it was actually a political / social parable with rabbits in place of humans. Kind of like “Animal Farm”; not really a book for kids, pretty disturbing, and meant to be a series of metaphors.

I read it late teens and early 20’s it was required reading along with Corlos Castinita etc for my group of peers in the 60/70

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The characters in it are really precise iirc. the one I posted was just a trailor

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read it late teens and early 20’s it was required reading along with Corlos Castinita etc for my group of peers in the 60/70
I never read WDown until it was assigned in my Sociology class in my freshman year in college.
I never heard of Carlos Castaneda until the 90s and by then his books were recognized as pure fiction. I did read the books, he was quite a storyteller.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never read WDown until it was assigned in my Sociology class in my freshman year in college.
I never heard of Carlos Castaneda until the 90s and by then his books were recognized as pure fiction. I did read the books, he was quite a storyteller.
As a storytelling fiction , they were exceptional. I don’t know were I found that link but it’s a playlist of the old animated full length movies. Popeeye the babybooners stuff that we grew up on.

Upvote 0