Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So what is your way? Sponge off people who are willing to work? If you are called to full time ministry, fine. That's between you and God. Christians are in the world, but not of it. What would it be like if every Christian decided to quit work? Just live by"faith"? Manna does not fall down from heaven these days.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your Bible indeed is full of bread sent down from heaven that you can live off of.

Don't quit working or laboring.

The real question is what would it look like if Christians quit their 'jobs' aka 'something they do for money'. And the answer as to what that looks like is an economy/society/government/body of people that resembles the church at the beginning of Acts.

It's a well known fact that if 1/3rd of America quit their jobs it could essentially overthrow the government.
And in order to hold true to what George Washington would have expected from 'the people' this is exactly what would have to happen for America to take over a tyrannical government. And another question remains.
How long are people going to let consumerism and capitalism run their world before they wake up and fight for their lives back?

Nobody has to even hurt anybody.. Simply stand up for the church.

The government is the one sponging off people.
What is it to you if a person writes music yet it is illegal to busk? Did that person deserve nothing for their work?
Clearly if I mow a few lawns for a place to sleep for a night and not money, it's not a crime.
It's not that I don't work.
There is a huge difference between a homeless person and a bum. Don't be so quick to point the finger to the poor and call them sponges or bums, especially when the charity/love of God is exactly what saves lives, not war, and money.

Don't doubt God.. He is strong where we are weak.
He is Creator. Fore nothing will be impossible with Him
Do not fear the dark, fore even the dark is light to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Your Bible indeed is full of bread sent down from heaven that you can live off of.

Don't quit working or laboring.

The real question is what would it look like if Christians quit their 'jobs' aka 'something they do for money'. And the answer as to what that looks like is an economy/society/government/body of people that resembles the church at the beginning of Acts.

It's a well known fact that if 1/3rd of America quit their jobs it could essentially overthrow the government.
And in order to hold true to what George Washington would have expected from 'the people' this is exactly what would have to happen for America to take over a tyrannical government. And another question remains.
How long are people going to let consumerism and capitalism run their world before they wake up and fight for their lives back?

Nobody has to even hurt anybody.. Simply stand up for the church.

The government is the one sponging off people.
What is it to you if a person writes music yet it is illegal to busk? Did that person deserve nothing for their work?
Clearly if I mow a few lawns for a place to sleep for a night and not money, it's not a crime.
It's not that I don't work.
There is a huge difference between a homeless person and a bum. Don't be so quick to point the finger to the poor and call them sponges or bums, especially when the charity/love of God is exactly what saves lives, not war, and money.

Don't doubt God.. He is strong where we are weak.
He is Creator. Fore nothing will be impossible with Him
Do not fear the dark, fore even the dark is light to Him.
I'm not calling homeless, poor or anyone else a bum. I am saying that in the real world, people are required to work for money. You are using the internet. Someone is paying money for it and the power. If it is not you, someone else has to pay. Your reasoning is ridiculous. Go live in an Amish community if you want to get away from the world system.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not calling homeless, poor or anyone else a bum. I am saying that in the real world, people are required to work for money. You are using the internet. Someone is paying money for it and the power. If it is not you, someone else has to pay. Your reasoning is ridiculous. Go live in an Amish community if you want to get away from the world system.
Even the Amish work, many have jobs now, and some hire their labor out to non-Amish with building / roofing.

There's nothing wrong, un-Christian, or less holy about holding down a steady job. It's a good thing. Even many monasteries make things and sell them to pay their bills. Like books, wine, furniture, caskets, rosaries, religious art, honey, and eggs from hens.

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0