• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

dont know what to do anymore

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
don't worry about it sister. At least you can hear the wicked and hate their bad life be of good comfort some people love their lies so much that they serve them as god.

Best is to keep giving those compulsive thoughts to Jesus and ask Him to teach to learn to understand how the same thought(s) pestering you can bring forth fresh water or salty water the choice is yours.

If you look at Jesus and not the thoughts pestering but rather share them with Him and how you feel bout it and don't take the thoughts or your responses to them back again after that - Jesus will turn it to good and make the salty water fresh.

So the more the negativity speaks within you and the more you connect that to God's positives through faith in Jesus and His loving truth the more He will turn your current suffering upside down and bring good forth out of it. Just see what God's loving truth brings sparks alive and hold onto that instead of the misery those lying thoughts bring.

Godless Heartless Lies Ruling!

Surely the god of this world has no heart,
nor a loving Son called Jesus - The Christ?

Rather fornicating with the harlot in our flesh,
fathering selfish bastards into our existence!

Doomed sons of lawlessnesses robbing Good Life,
bringing God's Judgement and Bad Life to us all!

Those lies the devil uses to rule over right wrongly
always accusing the chosen of wrong through the dragon!

Woe to The Truth of those fires raging, is the lie living,
a loveless world devouring goodness and truth within!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i dont know what to do anymore ...falling apart because of OCD thoughts and voices etc
no posted here in a while but i keep editing the posts
:destroyed:
sorry am so messed up
Reading God's Word prayerfully every day can be a huge blessing. John 14.1-27 is a very strengthening passage for the believer, as is Psalm 46.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟475,439.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i want to live for Jesus i want to be saved but there are things to do with my gender identity issues are getting to
me i have started to go to a LGBT Church and am getting a lot of support from them and i love it there
i want to be saved but i feel like i have to choose between my gender identity issues and Jesus
:destroyed:
i have OCD aswell i am thinking am evil

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If it was about what we can do, none of us would be saved. Give thanks to God, love your neighbor and continue to hope in Christ's name. Whenever we stray from that simple path, we start to burden ourselves with useless worries and thoughts.

It's also good that you're aware of your OCD. Don't mistake your condition for God.

Upvote 0

plumsink

Friend
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas
Visit site
✟10,777.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I hope this suggestion will be helpful to you as it has been for me.

Get yourself either some rosary beads or an orthodox prayer rope. Now you may thinking this is strictly a Catholic thing or an Orthodox thing I am telling you - bear with me, it isn't. I am neither Catholic nor Orthodox (nor any other division,) and I am not asking you to pray a Rosary on these beads/rope. You'll be praying what is called the Jesus Prayer. You can get rosary beads cheap or even free if you ask the right people, if nothing else you can buy them on Amazon. Or get the prayer rope if you like it better, though these are often not quite as inexpensive.

Okay, so on the cross part say the Lord's Prayer (Our Father who art in heaven....) On each of the beads say this:

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."

So you say that on one bead and move to the next one until you have done the whole strand. Start out by doing this once a day every day, but do it more than that if it makes you feel better to do it.

Now this may seem pointless, but bear with me. What happens if you do this regularly is, you start doing it even when you aren't on the beads, just doing your work or whatever you do. You may have heard the saying "idle hands are the devil's workshop?" Well that goes for your mind too. Minds that aren't kept on God are kept on other things, maybe bad things.

Trust me on this, it helps, and you will start saying it mentally as you go through your day, with or without the beads. Another thing that is good to do and joyful as well is to chant or sing "Kyrie eleison" which is just Greek for "Lord have mercy." You can see youtube videos of people chanting/singing this, but sing it how you like. This one particularly sticks with me and I often find myself chanting it to myself without even knowing that I am.

Peace be with you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟475,439.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
thank you all for replying
i saw my psych on Monday and she moved my medication around
been feeling very low
i do have a rosary witch i can use ...thank you plumsink for the suggestion i think its a great idea
:) ... am going to a service at the hospital near where i live for a service thats open to out patients and patients
hopefully it will help going food shopping after

Reactions: plumsink
Upvote 0