Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was just curious if those who tend to be involved with Social Jusrice think these ideas are a good stepping stone toward social healing in this country. To me, it seems brilliant, and I think she's ahead of her time. I hope everyone has the chance to view this.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟658,791.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Said Hillel ,

" If you do not like to have your shortcomings made public,

do not make your neighbors shortcomings public."¨¨

"One should cast himself into a fiery furnace rather than shame his fellow in public."

Talmud sotah 10b.

It is the meaning of "Love your fellow as yourself."

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟496,814.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I've seen people with extremist views invade lots of places in the internet and make them so intolerable for anyone not sharing their views that they are soon only filled with people with those extremist views. I don't think that those people want to be included, they find plenty of inclusion by others sharing their deplorable views.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟120,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just curious if those who tend to be involved with Social Jusrice think these ideas are a good stepping stone toward social healing in this country. To me, it seems brilliant, and I think she's ahead of her time. I hope everyone has the chance to view this.

Here are my $0.02 also. Ephesians 4:11-16 states the same thing, about speaking the truth in love. :)

DateApril 30, 2024
VerseEphesians 4:11-16 (ESV): "And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love."
ExplanationEphesians 4:11-16 describes the role of apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds, and teachers in the early Christian community. Their primary task was to prepare the saints, or believers, for the work of spiritual leadership and to increase the number of Christ followers. The ultimate goal was for all believers to attain the unity of the faith and knowledge of the Son of God, mature into adulthood, and no longer be swayed by various doctrines or deceitful schemes.

This passage remains relevant today as it emphasizes the importance of unity, maturity, and the role of the body of Christ in the spiritual growth of each individual. It also highlights the need for believers to engage in respectful dialogue with those of different beliefs, fostering a community that grows and builds itself up in love.
Societal RelevanceIn modern society, Christians can spread the gospel in a respectful and considerate manner by:

1. Living a Christ-like life: The most powerful way to share the gospel is through the example of a believer's actions. By living a life that reflects the teachings of Christ, others may be drawn to the faith.

2. Speaking the truth in love: When sharing the gospel, it is essential to do so with kindness, respect, and compassion. This approach can help minimize offense and create an open and receptive environment for dialogue.

3. Listening and understanding: Seek to understand the perspectives and beliefs of others before sharing your own. This approach fosters respect and trust and may lead to deeper, more meaningful conversations.

4. Focusing on common ground: Identify shared values and beliefs with others and build upon those areas of agreement as a foundation for discussing the gospel.

5. Using clear and respectful language: Be mindful of the language used when sharing the gospel. Avoid inflammatory or divisive terms that may offend or alienate others.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟120,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've seen people with extremist views invade lots of places in the internet and make them so intolerable for anyone not sharing their views that they are soon only filled with people with those extremist views. I don't think that those people want to be included, they find plenty of inclusion by others sharing their deplorable views.
I agree with you. I have seen it first hand, on Christian Forums (and a lot of them are Christians). :(

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was just curious if those who tend to be involved with Social Jusrice think these ideas are a good stepping stone toward social healing in this country.

An excellent talk. Thanks for sharing it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟496,814.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you. I have seen it first hand, on Christian Forums (and a lot of them are Christians). :(
The most extreme example I know is 9gag. Used to be a site to share jokes, tell funny stories and memes. Today it's almost exclusively racism, and proud of it. I wouldn't reccommend a visit.

This forum is actually pretty nice, mostly because of the firm moderation policies I think.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟120,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The most extreme example I know is 9gag. Used to be a site to share jokes, tell funny stories and memes. Today it's almost exclusively racism, and proud of it. I wouldn't reccommend a visit.

This forum is actually pretty nice, mostly because of the firm moderation policies I think.
Yeah, I like how this forum has good moderation policies. I have heard of 9gag, and stay far away from it. Reddit is another toxic one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟496,814.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I like how this forum has good moderation policies. I have heard of 9gag, and stay far away from it. Reddit is another toxic one.
I go to reddit for special interest areas like hobbies, video games or when I have technical questions, but I stay far away from any kind of discussion on there.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟120,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I go to reddit for special interest areas like hobbies, video games or when I have technical questions, but I stay far away from any kind of discussion on there.
Same here (though I browse Reddit w/o an account). If I have a question, I can search up other's questions, or use my trusty AI.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟90,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I have to admit that I watched the whole thing earnestly hoping that there'd be some nuggets of wisdom in it... but I got nothing... sorry.

Perhaps somebody could point out what I supposedly missed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟580,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have to admit that I watched the whole thing earnestly hoping that there'd be some nuggets of wisdom in it... but I got nothing... sorry.

Perhaps somebody could point out what I supposedly missed.
Unfortunately, I'm not creative enough at the current moment to explain the philosophical impacts of what she's suggesting in the video. But if youve been paying attention to American culture, and the racial climate that exists here, then you might understand that her perspective is rooted in *healing* rather than the stale, ineffective climate of mutial hatred that currently exists.

Her ideas are refreshing. And wholesome. At the same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0