• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Don't be lonely

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by quietbloke, Jul 17, 2019.

1. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+32,857
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Come and join us! Jesus said,'I will not abandon you as orphans. I will come to you' (John 14:18)

• Like Like x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. IloveJesus-Ly

IloveJesus-Ly Jesus Christ died for our sins.

+114
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Amen

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Mathetes66

Mathetes66 Well-Known Member Supporter

+456
    United States
    Christian
    Single

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+2,745
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If we have no other message beyond the call to salvation, we have the message that we are Never Alone. As the song say's "never once did we ever walk alone".

Of course we do have more to share( Peace, Hope, Love, Rest in the Lord ) but to the lonely, not feeling lonely stands out. Course that cure would come through all the rest !

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. joymercy

joymercy Left to serve God Supporter

+1,227
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    Just beautiful. Thanks so much for giving us this song and video and hope for a new day.

God bless you my friend.

6. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 "Only Me!" Supporter

+2,581
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    You are never alone. Christ lives within you (Galatians 2:20, Ephesians 3:17, Colossians 1:27).
    Jesus is with you each second, minute and hour of every day.
    He has made his home within your heart and will be with you forever (Romans 8:10) - loving you, protecting you, and guiding you on your journey with Him.

"All fairest beauty, heavenly and earthly
    WondÂ’rously Jesus in you is found
    None can be nearer, fairer or dearer
    Than You my Saviour to me bound"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+19,555
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I am never alone, although my best friends are dying before me, I have a dear husband.
    As the days and years add up in me, O Lord, help me to grow in gratitude. As I grow older, give me a good memory for your acts of guidance and deliverance and a ready tongue for witness and praise.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. quietbloke

+32,857
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Every thought given here is so precious! It is good to have such faithful partners in the gospel!

9. joymercy

+1,227
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    I am a little bit excited about a man I met at church, but am trying to remain calm.

What I like so much about him is that he leads me in getting to learn about God and Jesus and my bible. That's so much of what I have always wanted. He leads me in prayer and takes me to services and helps me to sing songs I don't know yet and to learn new things about the church. The only issue is that its probably happening bc this is just who he is as a person. He has given his life to service work and devotion.

I have no idea if he knows hebrew or greek, but hes always carrying around a bible and stacks of papers.

10. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,664
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    following

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  11. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+19,555
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Psalms 23
    It is the ideal Psalm for little ones.
    The Lord is my Shepherd... five words for five little fingers ... also how a shepherd looks after his sheep.
    I pray for you, blessings from our wonderful Saviour

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  12. Anthony2019

+2,581
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I had a similar experience. I was put into care as a baby because my birth parents couldn't look after me. My birth Dad was terminally ill and my mother had mental health problems. I eventually went home to my birth Mum and Dad, but after a very short time, it was clear that they still couldn't look after me. My Dad died and my Mum struggled to cope. Another man came into the house who severely abused me to the point that I am lucky to be alive. I was rescued from the house and put into a children's home. I have had no contact with my mother since. Apart from a failed foster placement, I stayed in care until I was 11 years old.
    I had a very tough start in life, but I had plenty of love from the staff in the home who were like a surrogate family to me. The children's home I lived in was a large gorgeous Edwardian house in Devon, one of the prettiest parts of England, with beautiful countryside and coast all within a short distance.
    I truly believe that God's heart is very close to orphans. I hadn't yet made a commitment to the Lord, but I certainly believed in God. The Christians who looked after me, the beautiful and comfortable children's home, the values I learned, the prayers I said that were answered showed that God was looking after me, making sure I was safe, that my needs were provided and in the fullness of time, I came to accept Christ as Lord.

13. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,664
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    @Anthony2019
    that is tough what you went through

didn't mean to derail thread
    when I read the scripture, child came to mind

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  14. Anthony2019

+2,581
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I hope you don't mind me saying so, but you have done an amazing thing in adopting a child. God has truly blessed you and has used you in a mighty way to bring blessing to others.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. quietbloke

+32,857
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'No never alone,no never alone! He promised never to leave me,never to leave me alone!' (Chorus)

16. quietbloke

+32,857
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Lonely or sad,from friends apart,He will take care of you. He will give peace to your aching heart,God will take care of You' (C D Martin)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. joymercy

+1,227
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    I was so lonely the other day, I just happened upon a church and wondered inside and spent 3 hours there. I met someone from another parish and there were several services, prayers, devotions and also mass.

I wish I could get this every single day, as it feeds my soul!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. joymercy

+1,227
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    the living water and the bread of life

this is what I hunger and thirst for and cant seem to ever get enough of this!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. Anthony2019

+2,581
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I went to church this evening for our 6.30pm barbecue and service. Found some people who needed a friendly welcome, so went to befriend them and share coffee with them, and shared a Bible passage with someone who who is going through a difficult time. As the family of God, we are all there for each other, to give encouragement and support.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. quietbloke

+32,857
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    God bless us in our aspiration to receive more of Him!