Donald Trump Defends Charlottesville Rally Attendees In His Most Shocking Press Conference

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, discussion over. I won't discuss such absurd "alternative facts".

I know. Just read the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and study the FRS website carefully. Study how it works. It's all out there in the open, simple reality.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The alt-right were provoked. It's not a wise thing to do. Those removing monuments dedicated to US history, whatever it is, bear full responsibility.

Who "provoked" the alt-right into marching with torches (reminiscent of Nazi Germany in the 1930s) and shouting "the Jews will not replace us" the night before the "peaceful" gathering?

The monuments are not dedicated to US history, but to the enemies of the United States. The confederacy separated themselves from the United States and staged a war to overthrow it. Face facts!

Last edited:
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know. Just read the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and study the FRS website carefully. Study how it works. It's all out there in the open, simple reality.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" Why not tear up your money to protest the FRS?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
But it's not about monuments in any case. Thats a distraction from the fact that the President thinks Nazis can be very fine people.

So, everyone who supports memorials of our past are Nazis now?
What about places like 6 flags over Georgia? We can't erase history.
We can only ignore it, to our own peril.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are many sides. The truth is never black and white. Simplification is failure to see reality as it is.
Okay, so could you tell me about one of the many sides I was missing?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, everyone who supports memorials of our past are Nazis now?
What about places like 6 flags over Georgia? We can't erase history.
We can only ignore it, to our own peril.
I didn't say that anyone was a Nazi.

However, when self-identified Nazis show up to have a Nazi rally, their excuse for doing so is not of primary importance.

Indeed, we can't erase history. And it would be unwise to ignore history, I agree - especially in this instance. The last country to deal lightly with Nazis was practically destroyed by them. And then partitioned by the countries that fought against it.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What is the other "side" of the view?

One side is that people want to honor their fathers and grandfathers,
and their service to their homeland or home state and to their families.

I can't think of how anyone could have carried a musket and gone through
such hardships and peril as the Civil War thinking, "I'm doing this just so
the slaves will never be free."

• Winner
Reactions: Erose
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why doesn't France have a statue of Hitler or Goering in the center of Paris? If they did, would it be wrong to take it down? The goal of the Confederacy was to secede from the United States and destroy it.

The alt-right likes those monuments for what they represent: a violent attempt to overthrow the legitimate government of the United States. That's what they want to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say that anyone was a Nazi.

However, when self-identified Nazis show up to have a Nazi rally, their excuse for doing so is not of primary importance.

Indeed, we can't erase history. And it would be unwise to ignore history, I agree - especially in this instance. The last country to deal lightly with Nazis was practically destroyed by them. And then partitioned by the countries that fought against it.

How much of the group originally protesting were Nazis or even neo-Nazis?
Most likely less than a majority.

• Informative
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Why doesn't France have a statue of Hitler or Goering in the center of Paris? If they did, would it be wrong to take it down? The goal of the Confederacy was to secede from the United States and destroy it.

The alt-right likes those monuments for what they represent: a violent attempt to overthrow the legitimate government of the United States. That's what they want to do.

Entirely wrong.
The South wanted to break away from the Union, not destroy it.
The Declaration of Independence legitimized that right, and the
Constitution gave the Union no legal power to force them back.

• Agree
Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is Nazi bigotry and hatred any worse than progressive bigotry and hatred,
when both sides use violence (terrorism) to further their cause?
I see you're not interested in responding to my actual posts. Take care and God bless you.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
curses! my clever ploy has been discovered! I'd have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for those meddling kids! :mad:
tulc(was a fan of the original Scooby!) :sorry:
Well, neither pancake should be removed. To remove either would cause history to be forgotten.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One side is that people want to honor their fathers and grandfathers,
and their service to their homeland or home state and to their families.

I can't think of how anyone could have carried a musket and gone through
such hardships and peril as the Civil War thinking, "I'm doing this just so
the slaves will never be free."
Well...Texas would seem not seem to agree with that:
After gaining their independence, the Texas voters had elected a Congress of 14 senators and 29 representatives in September 1836. The Constitution allowed the first president to serve for two years and subsequent presidents for 3 years. In order to hold an office or vote, a person needed to be a citizen of the Republic.[21]

However, it is important to note that citizenship was not granted to all previous inhabitants of Texas, and not all of them could even live legally within the limits of the Republic without the consent of Congress. In this regard, the Constitution of the Republic of Texas (1836) established major differences according to the ethnicity of each individual. Section 10 of the General Provisions of the constitution stated that all persons who were residing in Texas on the day of the Declaration of Independence were to be considered citizens of the Republic, excepting "Africans, the descendants of Africans, and Indians".[22] For new white immigrants, section 6 established that, in order to become citizens, they needed to live in the Republic for at least six months and take an oath. While regarding the black population, section 9 established that black persons who were brought to Texas as slaves were to remain slaves, and that not even their owner could emancipate them without the consent of Congress, while the Congress itself was not allowed to make laws affecting the slave trade or to declare emancipation. Section 9 also established that: "No free person of African descent, either in whole or in part, shall be permitted to reside permanently in the Republic, without the consent of Congress".[23]
found here: Republic of Texas - Wikipedia
Those guys seemed to think keeping certain people slaves was pretty important. It was in their constitution after all. :wave:
tulc(in case anyone was interested) :sorry:

Upvote 0