tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PolitiFact - Donald Trump’s jab at Georgia recount ignores key voting principles
Trump said Georgia’s secretary of state won’t allow people recounting ballots to check the signatures for fraud.

This reflects a flawed understanding of how mail-in votes work. Before a mailed ballot is counted, the voter’s signature has already been verified. In Georgia, it is verified twice.

To protect the privacy of the vote, after verification, every state separates the ballot from the signed envelope it came in. By design, there is no way to reunite the two pieces of paper.

A recount can only be a recount of ballots, and Trump and his campaign knew that months ago.

We rate this claim Pants on Fire!
tulc(this is President Trump's 150th pants on fire)

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh I know that ! I remember that song Liar Liar, I meant trump only told 150 big bad lies . In the sense of ,are you sure that’s all he told ?
2E373B92-6F51-4B13-AE04-2155CD1B9A05.jpeg

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I heard a lawyer on the radio the other day, one whom I generally don't like, but what she said concerning Georgia, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania is concerning.

Trump knows that a recount won't change the results in those states. In fact, things are looking worse for Trump.

So instead, he's putting pressure on the Republican State legislators of those states to elect Republican Electors to send to Washington who'll cast the electoral college votes for Trump, going against the will of the voters of those states who voted for Biden.

As the lawyer said, this is a very dangerous move if Trump pulls it off. Democracy will be lost and a civil rebellion could result.

So far, the Secretary of State in Georgia, who is a Republican, rejected Lindsey Graham's pressure and asked why is a senator from South Carolina trying to change the results of the votes in Georgia ? The answer is, Trump is putting the pressure for the Republicans to select electors who'll vote for him and the people be damned.

Upvote 0