• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

don’t give up there’s hope

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I’m posting on this forum to let everybody know that there is hope for you. I have self injured for 15 years and hid it pretty good a few of those years I didn’t want anybody knowing I had a problem. Recently I self injured and didn’t really know why. My mom told me to get help so I got an appointment with a therapist and explained to him this past year I’ve been hiding this secret. My parents thought I stopped years ago but it was far from over. My therapist gave me some tips on what to do when I felt the urge again and I left happy that somebody cared, but I didn’t think God was to happy with me. I felt God wouldn’t forgive me for hiding this from my parents so I sank back in depression. I later went home and looked up tips to stop self harming and the answers I got were the obvious but I never looked to the one person that could help me through all of this. I never looked to God until now. I recently started reading my bible and there’s a devotion about self harm saying God has forgiven you for what you’ve done and He loves you very much and wants to be a part of your life. I immediately put down my bible and started talking to God. I prayed long and hard that he would forgive me and please to break my addiction for good b/c I’ve had enough hiding who I am inside who God wants me to b. I’ve been so busy worrying about what other people think about me like my weight, type of clothes I wear etc., but none of that matters with God. He doesn’t care how much you weigh or where you buy your clothes, He just wants a relationship with you and He is there to help you through your tough times and help you break this addiction. If you are struggling with this God is there for you and so am I. We will help you live your life to the fullest.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story! Every word you said rings true...I haven't self-harmed in over two years, a record for me ever since I started around 14. I felt lost and confused for so long but in those last couple months I learned to just talk to God whenever I felt those negative urges and sure enough those chains of addiction broke loose, and I no longer feel those urges. God is the ultimate healer!

Upvote 0