✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is His love for you and me a deed?
It is a character choice. When a man tells about how much he loves his wife he is also boasting of himself. If he tells how much his wife loves him, that is also a boast about himself, himself being the focus or subject of both sentences. If, however, he tells about how much his wife loves his parents, that is a boast about her without saying anything at all about himself. That is legimatly an honorable claim. The rest is boasting about himself in different forms.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It is a character choice. When a man tells about how much he loves his wife he is also boasting of himself. If he tells how much his wife loves him, that is also a boast about himself, himself being the focus or subject of both sentences. If, however, he tells about how much his wife loves his parents, that is a boast about her without saying anything at all about himself. That is legimatly an honorable claim. The rest is boasting about himself in different forms.
Psalms must really be a problem for you, then.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You’re on record as inspecting fruit. You’re now in record as telling fellow believers what they can’t say about Jesus.
I did not say that my brethren cannot boast about themselves. I am just pointing out that this is what they are doing. They are not boasting about JEsus when they talk about themselves and how spiritual their lives are. They can boast about themselves if they want.
Do you plan on boasting in Jesus anytime soon? Or, would you like to inspect the bodies fruit, with .... wait... how “Spiritual” must one be to qualify as a spiritual fruit inspector?
I already posted a boast about Jesus post. And a newborn Christian can have discernemnt as to what is really going on in the words and deeds of people. It is not a matter of qualified. It is a matter of what kind of heart.
Is it correct to instruct people that study scripture to not boast in Christ as scripture teaches?
Then boast in him and his character and not how spiritual one is by quoting Paul as though what Paul said of himself can be truthfully said of them and they say it to prove it.
I will be frank... even though I’m grip.... fruit inspectors tend to stir up dissension amongst the brethren and draw the focus away from the true vine.
Depends. IF the focus is how much Jesus did for them and how he loves them and what he will do for them, it is time to focus on something besides how the vine focuses on them for a change.

Jesus gets All the glory and I get none. Jesus Alone, has the right to ask the Father to glorify Him.[/quote] I agree but it some are deceiving themselves if they think telling God how great it is that he loves them is giving Him glory.
I’m reading between the lines and this type of rhetoric is pretty indicative of profitless discussion.
You are certainly free to move on.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That would be incorrect. It sounds like you have an issue with Paul.

The idea crossed my mind!

If Gospel Apostle x says y... and an individual is upset when someone else identifies with what Y meant, so much so that they say it from their heart and mean it....

Then an individual would say Y is bad to say...

The premise you are positing holds.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I did not say that my brethren cannot boast about themselves. I am just pointing out that this is what they are doing. They are not boasting about JEsus when they talk about themselves and how spiritual their lives are. They can boast about themselves if they want.
I already posted a boast about Jesus post. And a newborn Christian can have discernemnt as to what is really going on in the words and deeds of people. It is not a matter of qualified. It is a matter of what kind of heart.
Then boast in him and his character and not how spiritual one is by quoting Paul as though what Paul said of himself can be truthfully said of them and they say it to prove it.
Depends. IF the focus is how much Jesus did for them and how he loves them and what he will do for them, it is time to focus on something besides how the vine focuses on them for a change.

Jesus gets All the glory and I get none. Jesus Alone, has the right to ask the Father to glorify Him. I agree but it some are deceiving themselves if they think telling God how great it is that he loves them is giving Him glory.
You are certainly free to move on.

All blessings in our Lord, Savior and God, Jesus Christ to you.

Would you like a personal fruit inspection performed by myself about what I am discerning in your words?

I offer this only with your blessing.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The idea crossed my mind!

If Gospel Apostles x says y... and an individual is upset when someone else identifies with what Y meant, so much so that they say it from their heart and mean it....

Then an individual would say Y is bad to say...

The premise you are positing holds.
The problem is that the individual demonstrates nothing close to the heart or thoughts of Paul. So the claim that they are just like Paul and feel just like Paul and live just like Paul falls pretty flat. How do I know that they life does not demonstrate this? By their words. Jesus said that we shall be judged by our words and our words reveal what we think. Pretty obvious if one considers it.

For example, Paul would never have personally attacked anyone who disagreed with his thinking. If they were doing wrong that damaged the faith of the believers, he would speak up. But h is heart was that all would come to a knowledge of the Lord and Saviour and was caring with that goal in mind. WHen he was reviled, for example, he responded not in name calling, but in forgiveness. This tells me whether a person is like Paul (for them to live is Christ...) or not. When someone disagrees with them, how do they take it? If they respond to disagreement with personal attacks, then they are not anything close to the life Paul lived.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not at all. David praises God over and over again and does not focus solely on how spiritual he is or what he got out of God.
I think you need to actually read the psalms, then.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All blessings in our Lord, Savior and God, Jesus Christ to you.

Would you like a personal fruit inspection performed by myself about what I am discerning in your words?

I offer this only with your blessing.
You need to stick to the rules and focus soley on the posts I write. I do not attack the character of a person by saying that the words they write are boasting. Boasting is in the words. One cannot boast without using words. IT is something one can only do in words. So the focus is on words.

So to put it simply, do not use "you are..uncomplimentary character adjective" statements.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
For example, Paul would never have personally attacked anyone who disagreed with his thinking.
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-
7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. - Galatians 1:6-9

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I have. Would you like some examples of David praising God and not merely grateful for what he got out of God?
I never said he didn’t. But there are lots of psalms using “I” statements. He talks about his love for God, and God’s love for him.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You need to stick to the rules and focus soley on the posts I write. I do not attack the character of a person by saying that the words they write are boasting. Boasting is in the words. One cannot boast without using words. IT is something one can only do in words. So the focus is on words.

So to put it simply, do not use "you are..uncomplimentary character adjective" statements.

So that’s a no? It’s okay to inspect others fruits... but as usual, fruit inspectors seem to dislike fruit inspection performed on them.

I wonder if scripture has anything to say on this matter?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That would be incorrect. It sounds like you have an issue with Paul.
Interesting. A poster says that their live is just like Paul or that they identify with Paul (same thing) and when I read their posts and do not see that their life is just like Paul, and say so, you twist it to say I have an issue with Paul. It went like this more or less..

XYZ: I am like Paul
ME: I don't see that.
XYZ: You have a problem with Paul?
ME: Huh? I have a problem with you claiming you are like Paul.
XYZ: Sounds like you don't like Paul.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said he didn’t. But there are lots of psalms using “I” statements. He talks about his love for God, and God’s love for him.
Never said he didn't. But that is NOT ALL he talks about. That is all some talk about in the church today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So that’s a no? It’s okay to inspect others fruits... but as usual, fruit inspectors seem to dislike fruit inspection performed on them.

I wonder if scripture has anything to say on this matter?
Wrong again. That is a yes.

But for the sake of your own soul, I am counseling you not to attack my character but focus on the words or posts themselves. It is the rules of the forum and in the kingdom of God, one needs to be careful when one decides to defend by playing accuser of the brethren themselves.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. A poster says that their live is just like Paul or that they identify with Paul (same thing) and when I read their posts and do not see that their life is just like Paul, and say so, you twist it to say I have an issue with Paul. It went like this more or less..

XYZ: I am like Paul
ME: I don't see that.
XYZ: You have a problem with Paul?
ME: Huh? I have a problem with you claiming you are like Paul.
XYZ: Sounds like you don't like Paul.
Who said that their life was just like Paul? I don’t think neither Grip nor I did.

• Agree
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel-
7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. - Galatians 1:6-9
Did you read my post? I said when others were doing something that damaged the faith of the brethren, then he responded. He did not respond that way just because some did not agree with his thinking. The gospel is not his thinking.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A yes that I have your okay to express what the person writing this post (avoiding I statements) is discerning?
Sure. I will not attack you personally or call you names or say you are mentally inadequate or the usual things people engage in when in a discussion where there is disagreement.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0