Does the earth go 'round the sun or vice versa?

Do you believe the earth goes around the sun or vice versa?

• I believe the earth goes around the sun

• I believe the sun goes around the earth

• I don't know

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
NorrinRadd said:
This has the earth being about 3x as massive as the sun. I think perhaps you mean Mass of earth = 5.97219 x 10^24 kg Mass of sun = 1.9891 x 10^30 kg That has the sun being on the order of 1 million times more massive than the earth.

Yes. When I was typing it, the thing showed my superscript :/

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
observable events is why we believe the earth to go round the sun. We observed it, therefore it is.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Oh I think it's a heinous offense that people who are rebuked for their absurd beliefs tend to believe they're martyrs because it absolutely is offensive to the actual martyrs of Christendom. Those martyrs paid the ultimate price for professing Jesus is Lord, these pseudo-martyrs sully the title, I'd be more inclined to call them "antimartyrs".

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,030.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That your choice believe the bible or don't believe it.

I don't think that's the choice at all. The Bible talks about the earth having four corners - so is it square or rectangular then?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,030.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what are you saying; you don't believe the bible either?

Of course I do.

The earth is not square, it's not on pillars, the sun doesn't live in a tent in the sky, and the good Samaritan parable may not have been a literal event.
That doesn't mean the word of God isn't true. Some writings are poetry or parables; they can still proclaim truth.

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican

Actually, every one of your references is simply using the earth as a frame of reference (!) which is exactly what any modern weatherman will do (and I assure you they are not claiming the sun goes around the earth!). So I do not think that any of the passages that you quoted are very compelling. Do you have any other passages you would like to present?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Hey newb, read the rules and knock off the attitude. Everybody here believes the bible, so stop accusing everybody who disagrees with your interpretation of it of rejecting it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Strong in Him
I don't think that's the choice at all. The Bible talks about the earth having four corners - so is it square or rectangular then?
Originally Posted by JacobLaw

Just because he doesn't agree with your own interpretation?
Hey newb, read the rules and knock off the attitude.
Everybody here believes the bible, so stop accusing everybody who disagrees with your interpretation of it of rejecting it.
What he said!.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Nanopants,
This is from another post I made....the English translation of the Hebrew truth on that Psalm is biased now, by man believing the lie of Galileo & such.
Psalm 18 in the below is Psalm 19 in some English versions.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Like I said to another person that has similar views as you;
I guess according your language you be right; sad though your thoughts are not his neither are your ways.
But God's pure languages has pure words and his word is very pure; but what does that matter, huh?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think there needs to be a new area in unorthodox theology for conspiracy theories...

Here here, I would support a sub-forum within the Unorthodox Theology forum to put this rubbish in.

Upvote 0

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

For 6000 year the people of God have believed the geocentric view and it wasn't until around 400 years ago christians have choose to believe a view of those that had clearly unbiblical view according to the majority of God's people. (that is supposing for 5600 years prior to the last 400 years more people of God existed)
Now regardless of what peoples' interpretation of scripture is today because of science; people that regard the scriptures only always believed the sun orbit the earth.
Can anyone dispute that?
And point is the axiomatic geocentric position of the bible is commonly being ignored for various reasons that only assume assumptions without substance and evidence that is base only on scriptures themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacobLaw

Mar 1, 2014
Peoa, Utah
✟16,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Hey I wanted to let you know there are four corners on the earth, does that make it square or rectangular I have no scriptures that support that so I don't believe that at all as you accused me of, you are accusing me of assumptions that I don't have; so when I question your believe in the bible it is valid to refer to the four corners not your supposed assumption of what you accuse me of the earth being square.
This is clarification of some confusion that arise of an interpretation you accused me of and that some others fell for by the Hegelian Dialectic of the derived conclusion you imposed on me, which I did not make.
This take a long narrative to explain the error your conclusion, accusation and the assumption that was not mine.
So if you like I can tell you right were the four corners are, but please reframe from accusing me of believing the bible in away I don't believe. This seem to be a common action by many people the dislike the geocentric view ie.... flat earth, earth on turtles backs, etc. etc. etc........
What is sad are those that come to the defense of these that continue over and over and over again, the number of times of flat earth, square earth, etc that was through up at me and other geocentricist is enumerable.
Being in the majority doesn't necessarily make one right or give them right to belittle those Christian the believe that scripture at face value, then accuse them of what they do.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
ADMIN HAT ON

Closed for review.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Editing - This thread has had a clean up of off topic and flaming type of posts. However, the thread is staying closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.