does the Catholic Church speak for Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
of course CAtholics say Yes

Protestants No

but which is it?

it can't be both

its one or the other

The catholic church does speak for Christ. (lower case "c")

I think your real question is: Does the ROMAN Catholic Church speak for Christ.

Obviously, the answer is no. The ROMAN Catholic church does not.

Upvote 0
G

guuila

of course CAtholics say Yes

Protestants No

but which is it?

it can't be both

its one or the other

Wait. You're saying something can't be both true and false at the same time?

ALPACA.gif

Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The catholic church does speak for Christ. (lower case "c")

I think your real question is: Does the ROMAN Catholic Church speak for Christ.

Obviously, the answer is no. The ROMAN Catholic church does not.

the Roman CatholicChurch was the one founded by Jesus Christ

so it speaks for him

anyone who studies history of the Church (from reliable accounts) knows this

Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Lets ask all the kids molested by Roman Catholic priests what they think the answer to the question is...
there are more children molested in NON catholic churches than Catholic

twice as many, in fact

and there are even more (way more) molested by ppl in the community in general...

Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Wait. You're saying something can't be both true and false at the same time?

and you're saying something can be???

either the Roman Catholic Church speaks for Christ in ALL its official teachings or it does not... Either it can be TRUSTED in all it teaches... or it cannot be trusted in any...

if the Roman Cahtolic Church is the Church Christ founded

then we can trust ALL its official (ex cathedra) teachings

if the RCC is Christ's Church

we had BETTER adhere to its teachings...

we only hurt ourselves when we do not

Upvote 0
G

guuila

there are more children molested in NON catholic churches than Catholic

twice as many, in fact

and there are even more (way more) molested by ppl in the community in general...

Exactly twice as many? Not even almost twice, but twice exactly? Do you always make it a habit to carelessly throw numbers around without even providing any statistical data?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

guuila

and you're saying something can be???

either the Roman Catholic Church speaks for Christ in ALL its official teachings or it does not... Either it can be TRUSTED in all it teaches... or it cannot be trusted in any...

if the Roman Cahtolic Church is the Church Christ founded

then we can trust ALL its official (ex cathedra) teachings

if the RCC is Christ's Church

we had BETTER adhere to its teachings...

we only hurt ourselves when we do not

So A and not-A can't both be true simultaneously? Am I following you correctly here? :cool:

Upvote 0

Skala

Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
the Roman CatholicChurch was the one founded by Jesus Christ

so it speaks for him

anyone who studies history of the Church (from reliable accounts) knows this

Sister, you are badly mistaken.

Christianity was illegal in Rome for 280 years. Obviously, there was no such thing as the pope who sat on a throne that was recognized by everyone. And obviously, Peter was long dead before it was legalized. Constantine finally legalized Christianity, thinking of it as a way to unite people. He allowed the "Christianization" of pagan religions. What does this entail you ask? Here's some interesting similarities:

1) Roman paganism taught that there were several gods. A god of luck, a god of protection, a god of money, etc. Sound familiar? The RCC teaches that there is a "saint" for various categories, and that we should venerate and pray to them. For example "Saint Jude" is who one should pray to for health problems. "St. Nicholas" is who one should pray to for financial problems. Etc

2) The Cult of Isis, an Egyptian mother-goddess religion, was absorbed into Christianity by replacing Isis with Mary. Many of the titles that were used for Isis, such as “Queen of Heaven,” “Mother of God,” and theotokos (“God-bearer”) were attached to Mary. Mary was given an exalted role in the Christian faith, far beyond what the Bible ascribes to her, in order to attract Isis worshippers to a faith they would not otherwise embrace

3) Mithraism was a religion in Rome, and, like the other pagan religions, it was absorbed into Christianity. What is Mithraism? It involves a sacrificial meal in which they ate the flesh and drank the blood of a bull. In doing so, they said, Mithras would grant them salvation. Sound familiar?

4) The position of the Pope was created by the Roman emporers. With the city of Rome being the center of government for the Roman Empire, and with the Roman emperors living in Rome, it made sense for the "Unifying" religion of this new Christianity to be centered in Rome. This way, the government and the church would be in the same location. When the Roman Empire collapsed, the popes took on the title that had previously belonged to the Roman emperors – Pontificus Maximus.

As you can see, truthhurts, Roman Catholicism is not the Christianity of the Apostles, it is not the Christianity of the Bible. It's an ancient religion that was created in Rome which absorbed pagan religions into it in order to attract Roman pagans into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

truthHurts77

Oct 19, 2011
✟16,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Sister, you are badly mistaken.

it.
this is all i read of your post becasuse i have done the research ... i have spent time with Jesus in His Church, in the Real PResence found only t here...

and i know what i know

it would be a waste of time to read anything that disagrees w/ what i KNOW to be true...

Upvote 0
G

guuila

this is all i read of your post becasuse i have done the research ... i have spent time with Jesus in His Church, in the Real PResence found only t here...

and i know what i know

it would be a waste of time to read anything that disagrees w/ what i KNOW to be true...

You sound like a Mormon. You're presented with historical data and and rather than respond and seek the truth, you stick your head in the sand and say "La la la I can't hear you! I had an experience so I know I'm right! I don't care about factual data or history!" You've been given facts that show the Roman Catholic church is not the Christianity the Apostles had. You can lead a horse to water...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skala

Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

and i know what i know

Cool. You keep on praying to a bunch of dead humans.

I'll pray to God alone. Like Jesus taught us.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,731,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

This thread is closed as it is not on topic to this forum.

Please make sure OPs are on topic for the forums. Thanks.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.