Does Size matter when it comes to dating

J

justaguy78

For me, size would not matter if the woman was amazing and had everything else I was looking for in a woman.

In general though, size does play a role as everyone has that ideal figure they want their mate to have although I would guess others would have the same view as me that if the person was 'perfect' in all these other areas that they'd not give a rip about their size/look. After all, it is silly to mainly judge someone on things like height and bone structure given they had no say in it at all and IMO this is especially true for those who claim to be religious and believe God created everyone the way they are. You could I suppose make a case for physique being something people can control but even then genetics plays a huge role. I am 6' feet but have a small frame and this means I am thin and also makes putting on extra muscle/weight quite hard so even if I made trying to get a 'super body' my life's goal, it most likely wouldn't happen given my genes.

My ideal size for a woman would probably be in the mid 5 foot range and have a toned body/being more on the thinner side of average and not too big of breasts (which I am sure goes against most guys) but again, it isn't like I would not want to be with someone if they were amazing and didn't have that type of body especially since it isn't like I have some amazing body.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if you found a guy that is nice to you, but he is way too skinny and horribly over weight?

Then I wouldn't date him...did you not read my first post? Besides, how can someone be both under AND over weight?

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Does Size,attractiveness and height matter when it comes to dating ?

I suppose, with respect to size, there is ideal, less-than-ideal, and everything in between.

But if a woman is attractive I am not going to exclude her or gravitate towards her based on size.

Height? Height does not matter if she is attractive.

What really gets my attention is things like intelligence, communication skills, professionalism, independent thinking, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
..and it's nice to see eye to eye on things in more ways than one...

You're such a goof. ^_^

I don't even know anymore. I think if I end up getting married someday, he's not gonna be some 6'0"+ guy... he'll be more like average-height or something and I won't be able to wear shoes at our wedding. Does it even matter though? If I want to marry him, that must mean he's pretty awesome. And if not, I don't even care anyway.

And Er2003... I love him. Thank you for posting him. Just.... thank you. :pciuu: <-- for him, not you

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm fat and I think it makes me unattractive. When my bf says I'm cute, I laugh in his face, because he is wrong. I cannot see how anyone would find me attractive physically, luckily I have this kick-ass personality to fall back on. :p
But honestly, it hurts when I think of every time I've been looked over, luckily I found someone who loves me for me, and that makes me feel like Elizabeth Taylor. So, I guess all the heartbreak and loneliness paid off. But being overweight and wanting to be loved is not fun, because you feel immediately defensive and out-gunned. I'm just speaking for myself here.

Reactions: SweetDee
Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Size matters.
Even if she's drop dead beautiful (neck up,) and even if she's the most wonderful woman in the world (in ways other than body,) if she's overweight then it wouldn't work.

I run. I'm not in 4 hour marathoner shape with a drop dead body ready to be photographed without a shirt on for the cover of Men's Fitness . . . but I'm in pretty good shape because I'm active when it comes to running and hiking. There's a weight that I won't let myself go over partially because I care that I don't look disgusting. I truly believe you honor God by staying in shape in His name. In addition to that, you can surely be a more useful Christian if you're better able to move around without letting fat potentially making you sick in some way whether it be diabetes or worse . . . or not even worse. On mission trips, I've run around playing soccer with kids for an hour no problem. I couldn't imagine being able to do that if I was 230 pounds and out of shape. And so I want someone similar to me who doesn't have excessive fat and is most definitely into fitness. I don't want someone obsessed with fitness but it must be an important part of her life. A scant few pounds overweight might not be bad but fat is not healthy, fat does not honor God, fat can get out of hand with just a little bit of laziness and truthfully fat isn't pretty when naked and that's important, too.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand that. I REALLY struggle with my weight. I have a naturally slow metabolism and I'm a diabetic. I don't have an athletic lifestyle, but I do work out and go on long walks/jogs when the weather is nice. I love long hiking trips, on and off-trail (and orienteering), and would do more extreme stuff like backpacking and rappelling if I had the time and money. If I ever slow down, I know for sure I'll be at 300 pounds in a couple of years and die early from weight-related issues. So one of my basic must-haves for a potential mate is that she lead a healthy, active lifestyle. I don't care if she's "overweight" by today's standards, but if she doesn't eat healthy food and can't keep up with my activity rate, then we're not going to make good partners for one another. My idea of a marriage partnership includes mutual encouragement to stay in shape.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 5, 2004
Brisbane
✟22,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Size matters.
Even if she's drop dead beautiful (neck up,) and even if she's the most wonderful woman in the world (in ways other than body,) if she's overweight then it wouldn't work.

I run. I'm not in 4 hour marathoner shape with a drop dead body ready to be photographed without a shirt on for the cover of Men's Fitness . . . but I'm in pretty good shape because I'm active when it comes to running and hiking. There's a weight that I won't let myself go over partially because I care that I don't look disgusting. I truly believe you honor God by staying in shape in His name. In addition to that, you can surely be a more useful Christian if you're better able to move around without letting fat potentially making you sick in some way whether it be diabetes or worse . . . or not even worse. On mission trips, I've run around playing soccer with kids for an hour no problem. I couldn't imagine being able to do that if I was 230 pounds and out of shape. And so I want someone similar to me who doesn't have excessive fat and is most definitely into fitness. I don't want someone obsessed with fitness but it must be an important part of her life. A scant few pounds overweight might not be bad but fat is not healthy, fat does not honor God, fat can get out of hand with just a little bit of laziness and truthfully fat isn't pretty when naked and that's important, too.
take it from a woman who is 230 pounds
im still healthy i do martial arts and fight and spar also keep up with alot of the people at gym
i am losing weight but its a stuggle for me
and im not fat i dont look what i weigh im just a little bigger than normal
and for you to say fat doesnt honnor god everyone can honnor god.

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
for you to say fat doesnt honnor god everyone can honnor god.

Yes, everyone *can* honor God, even those who are overweight. Absolutely.

But how can fat honor God? Not that I'm advocating this but all that gross stuff that can be sucked out with liposuction -- how can that stuff, which I'd rather not post an actual picture of, honor God? I'm convinced that it cannot, especially if it's the result of eating Oreos and éclairs and Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and milkshakes and cheeseburgers and pizza and etc. Now I'm not against eating any of those but I would advocate for indulging in such delights in tremendous moderation combined with exercise to work those calories off without letting them negatively affect you.

Upvote 0

SneakerPimp53

Becoming X
Jan 14, 2011
The 'rents' basement
✟15,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A personal commitment to physical fitness is great, discriminating in who you date is up to you. But you start to cross a line when you imply that someone that's a bit heavy is some how out of sorts with God. One could just as easily say that an obsession with physical fitness is a form of vanity, and all that time that goes into working out could be spent doing charitable work.

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2004
Brisbane
✟22,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor

Yes, everyone *can* honor God, even those who are overweight. Absolutely.

But how can fat honor God? Not that I'm advocating this but all that gross stuff that can be sucked out with liposuction -- how can that stuff, which I'd rather not post an actual picture of, honor God? I'm convinced that it cannot, especially if it's the result of eating Oreos and éclairs and Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and milkshakes and cheeseburgers and pizza and etc. Now I'm not against eating any of those but I would advocate for indulging in such delights in tremendous moderation combined with exercise to work those calories off without letting them negatively affect you.
you know what get off your high horse you aint that great
seriously you dont know me you dont know how i eat so dont go making asumptions
im just big i eat healthy but have always been big

Upvote 0