Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A personal commitment to physical fitness is great, discriminating in who you date is up to you. But you start to cross a line when you imply that someone that's a bit heavy is some how out of sorts with God. One could just as easily say that an obsession with physical fitness is a form of vanity, and all that time that goes into working out could be spent doing charitable work.
An obsession with physical fitness surely is not a good thing in God's eyes. A bit overweight ain't bad but a lot overweight is. You can be more useful to God being physically healthy than if being overweight restricts you.

you know what get off your high horse you aint that great
seriously you dont know me you dont know how i eat so dont go making asumptions
im just big i eat healthy but have always been big
You may perceive me to be but I'm not on a high horse. Not at all.

And did I make an assumption about you? No, not a-one, my friend. Please read my words carefully. They were not pointing at you.

Once again, a person who is overweight most certainly *can* be a person who honors God. But actual fat, too much of it, is not healthy and that actual fat that you can hold in your hands after liposuction, that disgusting globulous mass, in itself, is not honorable to God, especially if was produced because of eating unhealthy foods while not exercising enough to allow excess weight to build up.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Meh...I thought this thread was just about height differences.

About weight...

Nearly everyone I know (fat or thin or somewhere inbetween) thinks they "eat healthy".

I know from being married (I'm a widower) and also watching my parents that your SO can have an influence on your weight through their diet and lifestyle. My own mother complains that she finds it hard to lose weight because dad loves his food habits and she says she must cook 2 meals or eat what he eats.

Someone who is overweight is not only likely to be sedintary but probably consumes a version of the Standard American Diet - which is not for me. My cupboard is filled with whole grains and spices and whole legumes and my fridge with fruits and vegetables and just a little kosher meat. There's no soda, no dairy products whatsoever, no chocolate bars, no chips and almost no refined products at all.

I do drink beer though. Too much. Someone slap me. It's bad and I know it.

But otherwise I don't want to be tempted with crap food. I know there was a time in my life when I was more than a little overweight - I typically had headaches 3 times a week, was constipated, frequently saw blood in my stool, got sick alot - there's no way I want to go back to that. Nor would I like to see my SO get sick or get disease in part because of what she consumes day in and day out.

Upvote 0

azureblue00

Mar 9, 2011
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm....interesting question. As a guy, in short, I say: Yes.

In long, I say: Yes...but in different ways for each.

I personally tend not to find Green eyes as attractive as Brown, or Blue eyes for example.

I tend to prefer Darker Hair color.

Some guys prefer lighter hair color and green eyes.

I prefer..probably an average height girl. I don't find a girl taller than me to be attractive..to me personally.

At the same time I tend not to prefer a girl that's so short I practically have to bow just to look her in the eyes. lol

Though, something like that is different for every guy. Some guys prefer taller ladies, some prefer very short petit ladies. It's different for every guy.

Also, while I agree to an extent that these things shouldn't be top priority for a Christian, as they shouldn't.

Though it is still important, and I'll go so far as to say, even Christian for us to care at least a bit.

Let's be adult here. You end up dating someone, decide to marry them. Ok, Marriage is usually followed by, among other things, sex.

Hebrwes 13:4 mentions how in marriage sex is indeed a thing God has given us to enjoy. Given a HUSBAND and WIFE to enjoy with EACHOTHER.

Thus, it's important that you find your partner attractive...

So, should you make all your romantic decisions based on appearance, absolutely not. It's something to consider. If it's going to be a chore for you to be in a relationship with this person because you find them so unattractive, how are you going to help them feel better about themselves? They're going to perceive that you don't find them attractive, and it will hurt them.

So, don't go out having plastic surgery, etc. One guy (speaking to the ladies) or one girl (speaking to the guys) will certainly not find you attractive, or 'their' type, but someone else will come along and you'll be exactly what they want.

Most importantly because of WHO YOU ARE as a person. Because, let's face it, looks WILL FADE, it's not a question, if God allows you both to reach old age, you're both going to be wrinkly, and your voice is going to have that bit of a 'raspy' sound about it. So you both better be able to look at eachother, and see through the appearances and see that beautiful soul that you love within that person.

That's my two cents. Don't try to change your looks to please the first guy/girl that comes along, be who God wants YOU to be, the BEST you you can be. Then wait for the guy/girl to come along that appreciates ALL that you are GOOD and BAD!

Hope this is helpful.

God bless.

Also I hope I didn't come off as shallow at any part of this, though I'll admit I'm not the most Shakespearian type of person either. lol

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think this thread in interesting and I'm surprised I haven't seen it before now.

At this point, I've lost track of the original question. Please hold.

Oh yeah...

Does Size,attractiveness and height matter when it comes to dating ? It will be intresing to hear from the guys?

Weight. Hmm. I have pretty much dated through the whole of the scale, so I'm going with no.
Attractiveness is subjective, but I would say that he needs to be attractive (to me. ;)).
Height. I'm actually not sure. All the men I've dated have been taller than me. However, I can't say that I would discount someone shorter than me.

My current relationships are based more on personality and prayer than weight and height.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does Size,attractiveness and height matter when it comes to dating ? It will be intresing to hear from the guys?
Size...attractiveness-Yes...extremely important. I won't be with anyone that I think is ugly.

Height-Doesn't matter. I'm 6'4" so most women are shorter than me.

Upvote 0

azureblue00

Mar 9, 2011
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the above statements. That this matter must be decided through Prayer, and subjective preference. Let God lead you to that person that is best suited for your personal, completely subjective preferences. If God has indeed guided this matter then the other person would find you to meet their own subjective preferences. That's the key. To remember that 'attractiveness' is a completely subjective concept, in terms of dating/marriage/etc.

I know a good friend of mine, that has a fiance` of a heavier build. Even in high school he affirmed that he indeed found heavier-set ladies more attractive. He was a down-home country boy type of guy, and that fits that style of person, being raised in the South myself, I know that most of the 'old timers' indeed think that what we consider 'average', 'healthy', or 'muscular' they consider 'underweight', 'sickly', 'unhealthy'. So if you find a person that still adheres to that philosophy then..they're probably going to be more into a heavy-set person.

I myself prefer slender/average ladies.

It's all completely subjective, so again, no need trying to change yourself to please some fling, even if you believe it's true love, if it really is true love, then they're going to love you, for you. If you CHOOSE to lose, or gain weight or something to alter your appearance, then, fine if you CHOOSE it for YOURSELF, but don't do it for someone else. I myself don't watch what I eat as much as I probably should, though I do take great care to engage regularly in physical exercise. I do that, because I like having a more athletic/muscular build, and as an avid martial artist, staying physically fit is quite important to me. I choose to seek fitness for MYSELF, not for some girl.

Hope this helps.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟40,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Size: I don't want to be with a guy so thin or thick that it poses health problems or makes activities with them difficult.

Attractiveness: I don't expect a guy to qualify for People's Sexiest Man Alive, but he does have be someone that I don't mind looking at.

Height: I require he be taller than me. I'm only 5 ft tall, so I don't think that's asking too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And Er2003... I love him. Thank you for posting him. Just.... thank you. :pciuu: <-- for him, not you

I love him too and you are most welcome...:hug: for you, not him.

* I would rep this but you do not see reps...LAME*

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I know a lot of women who really struggle with feeling like their weight is an issue (even though I've found that 95% of the time they look perfectly healthy and fit already). Honestly ladies, most guys PREFER a woman with some weight and someone who actually looks like a human being. Being able to see your skeletal system through your skin is just gross. I would much rather have someone a bit overweight than someone under. It's not a big deal to me and most men will agree. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

azureblue00

Mar 9, 2011
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@ThunderPeel, I agree.

It's rather unattractive, to me anyways, when you can see a lady's rib cage, that signifies mal-nourishment, not 'sexiness'.

Again, just to further emphasize. Beauty, is subjective. No two people agree completely on what beauty is, or what qualifies as beautiful. It's a matter of finding the person that sees you as beautiful in their eyes.

God bless.

Upvote 0