Does scripture reveal a different message than taught?

Does scripture reveal a different message than taught?

• No, Gods word is Gods word

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My understanding/feelings have begun to change

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seeking626

Seek with all your hearts, and you shall find
May 6, 2015
✟15,247.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Greetings All.

I was just curious to know how many people in this forum receive the word through scripture on their heart differently to what the general mainsteam interpretations teach and believe?

If you have been Christian for many years, has their been a change recently or over the past couple of years etc that have shaken your perception on scripture in any way?

If you do, what do you do with the knowledge revealed?
If you share with others, how do you find their reactions to be? Are they open to hearing?

Look forward to hearing your replies.

Blessings to all :)

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello.

People receive the message different. There are so many different interpretations of the Bible and its message. The best thing for anyone to do is study it and see what message you receive.

Its important not to insist people are wrong, this puts many off. ;)

Reactions: Seeking626
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We must remember also that 2 Peter 1.20 says that 'no .. Scripture is of private interpretation'. In other words, we do need the help of the Holy Spirit to guide us as to what it means, rather than any interpretation being equally acceptable, supposedly.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings All.

I was just curious to know how many people in this forum receive the word through scripture on their heart differently to what the general mainsteam interpretations teach and believe?

If you have been Christian for many years, has their been a change recently or over the past couple of years etc that have shaken your perception on scripture in any way?

If you share with others, how do you find their reactions to be? Are they open to hearing?

Look forward to hearing your replies.

Blessings to all :)
When I came to know God, I asked for answers and knowledge...and He answered. He then lead me to His word, confirming that it was He who had answered. I began reading the Bible and read it from cover to cover. When I finished, I started over again, and again, several times until I lost count. After many years I went to church with a women friend who is now my wife, but did not agree with everything I heard and understood to be the common beliefs. My only comparison was God's own word has He has seen to allow down through the passing of time by His providence, and His revelations to me as an answer to my questions. I believe Him, but do not believe everything that is taught in Christianity today. But I do understand why things are the way they are: Just as Israel has been held in blindness until the fullness of the gentiles has come, so too have Christians been held in a similar blindness, for the same reason. Knowing this, I must conclude that the time is nearly at an end, that the times of the gentiles are nearly to the full.

Since then I have written two books.

When I share my knowledge...which I do not call my beliefs, because I do not believe, but know...most respond just as they did about the news of Christ and the words from His apostles. Most would just as soon crucify anyone who speaks the truth, rather than question whether a revelation is of God or not. All are labeled heretics. Just as Christ was thought to be a heretic, so is anyone who continues in His message. Somewhere in the early church, they decided their own interpretation was ordained as flawless...and hence, it has been interpreted now in error a thousand different ways, brother against brother. Nonetheless, His word will not return void but will accomplish that which He pleases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

I certainly fit that description.

I have been a Christian over 70 years. It took me 20 years to unlearn what I had been taught in the first 20 years and I have been rebuilding my understandings since then.

I share in whatever way I can. Forums like this are one way.

Some react with extreme negativity. I have been called "heretic", "apostate", "anti-Christ" and my all time favourite "spawn of Satan". However most are genuinely interested and even positive. A lot in that group are in what John Spong calls "the church alumni association" of the skeptical, the jaded and the alienated.

Upvote 0

Seeking626

May 6, 2015
✟15,247.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When I came to know God, I asked for answers and knowledge...and He answered. He then lead me to His word, confirming that it was He who had answered. I began reading the Bible and read it from cover to cover. When I finished, I started over again, and again, several times until I lost count. After many years I went to church with a women friend who is now my wife, but did not agree with everything I heard and understood to be the common beliefs. My only comparison was God's own word has He has seen to allow down through the passing of time by His providence, and His revelations to me as an answer to my questions. I believe Him, but do not believe everything that is taught in Christianity today. But I do understand why things are the way they are: Just as Israel has been held in blindness until the fullness of the gentiles has come, so too have Christians been held in a similar blindness, for the same reason. Knowing this, I must conclude that the time is nearly at an end, that the times of the gentiles are nearly to the full.

Since then I have written two books.

When I share my knowledge...which I do not call my beliefs, because I do not believe, but know...most respond just as they did about the news of Christ and the words from His apostles. Most would just as soon crucify anyone who speaks the truth, rather than question whether a revelation is of God or not. All are labeled heretics. Just as Christ was thought to be a heretic, so is anyone who continues in His message. Somewhere in the early church, they decided their own interpretation was ordained as flawless...and hence, it has been interpreted now in error a thousand different ways, brother against brother. Nonetheless, His word will not return void but will accomplish that which He pleases.

Scott that is exactly how I feel my journey has gone. Even before I had come to know Jesus and God like I do now ( It wasn't that I didn't believe in Jesus or God, but I knew it had been infiltrated either way with how it was being used, and God was a universal energy that connects us all) I can see just all the times I had been guided through my life like a movie reel flashed through my head linking so much more together. It was understanding that being in the flow and following that intuitive feeling always paid off and led me to the very next thing or answer I was seeking in the most unexpectent way, always leaving me in awe, always giving me confirmation in what I was receiving, massively building my faith, and knocking down all my preconceived ideas about religion due to many reasons which stopped me ever wanting to seek answers about the Bible or religion. That's when I realized that was my God Spark "transmitter" so's to speak, and the more I read and dug, the more I was blown away by so many things I was guided to and received. I see the layer upon layer of truth the bible does hold, and how so much had been distorted or missed. Just like you my response to people in why I believe what I believe and yet told by others as making it up as I go. But I feel through my life I have been taught many things so when Jesus came to me, my eyes would see and my ears would hear what those who had grown up within the church may not understand due to being told not to question as thats the work of the devil and blasphemy) But the messages I am receiving just gets stronger, and feels like a knowing within that has always been there has been unlocked for now is the time.
I am aware there was a time that people had no choice but to go along with the "Law" and it's really sad to think of how many good people have been killed for simply following God and what they feel and hear in their hearts and being faithful followers to the end as instructed so courageously and I have massive amounts of respect to all those that came before me. It saddens me that through his name much damaged was caused, but because I had never read the scriptures before, I never realized how many warnings we were given along the way to not be deceived especially by the churches. If it is not done in love, then it is not of God and you will know by their fruits. It saddens me that some times scripture is used on a pick and choose basis where one scripture is used as sort of permission slip, vs many many many more against it which is still the word of God, forcing many newbies to leave. In reality Jesus himself left the church for he knew what they taught was not the Fathers wishes or words and that they were of the false god.

Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate you sharing your experience. It just gives me even greater confidence that this awakening is growing.

I would love to hear about what books you have written :) There has been a voice in side telling me to do the same in spreading the message when the time is right and I am well equipped to answer as the scripture states, there is a season for everything.

Upvote 0

Seeking626

May 6, 2015
✟15,247.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I certainly fit that description.

I have been a Christian over 70 years. It took me 20 years to unlearn what I had been taught in the first 20 years and I have been rebuilding my understandings since then.

I share in whatever way I can. Forums like this are one way.

Some react with extreme negativity. I have been called "heretic", "apostate", "anti-Christ" and my all time favourite "spawn of Satan". However most are genuinely interested and even positive. A lot in that group are in what John Spong calls "the church alumni association" of the skeptical, the jaded and the alienated.

Wow Jack!! Good on you for pushing forward still, and not losing your faith and hope through your experience as sadly happens to so many :( To be honest I do thank God for saving me from that process of growing up within the walls of a church that may have hindered much of my learning, or put in the sin bin for having a different perception to others. I am massively grateful that even at times I mocked him in anger for the works and crimes done in His name ( not openly putting believers down for following as that is not who I am, for if it made them happy and gave meaning to their lives so good on them, I just had no need for it I thought)

Did you change churches after your new understanding and views, or do you no longer go to church?

I have been quite pleasantly surprised by the responses by others so far. I have only really just started testing the waters with sharing with others, for I wasn't equipped yet how to answer many questions I still had, and I knew without them would only push them even further from God not pull them closer to Him.

Thanks so much for replying and sharing your experience. Stories like yours are very encouraging that good changes are coming :)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow Jack!! Good on you for pushing forward still, and not losing your faith and hope through your experience as sadly happens to so many :( To be honest I do thank God for saving me from that process of growing up within the walls of a church that may have hindered much of my learning, or put in the sin bin for having a different perception to others. I am massively grateful that even at times I mocked him in anger for the works and crimes done in His name ( not openly putting believers down for following as that is not who I am, for if it made them happy and gave meaning to their lives so good on them, I just had no need for it I thought)

Did you change churches after your new understanding and views, or do you no longer go to church?

I have been quite pleasantly surprised by the responses by others so far. I have only really just started testing the waters with sharing with others, for I wasn't equipped yet how to answer many questions I still had, and I knew without them would only push them even further from God not pull them closer to Him.

Thanks so much for replying and sharing your experience. Stories like yours are very encouraging that good changes are coming :)

Suffice it to say that I am at the moment an unchurched Christian of a very liberal bent.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scott that is exactly how I feel my journey has gone. Even before I had come to know Jesus and God like I do now ( It wasn't that I didn't believe in Jesus or God, but I knew it had been infiltrated either way with how it was being used, and God was a universal energy that connects us all) I can see just all the times I had been guided through my life like a movie reel flashed through my head linking so much more together. It was understanding that being in the flow and following that intuitive feeling always paid off and led me to the very next thing or answer I was seeking in the most unexpectent way, always leaving me in awe, always giving me confirmation in what I was receiving, massively building my faith, and knocking down all my preconceived ideas about religion due to many reasons which stopped me ever wanting to seek answers about the Bible or religion. That's when I realized that was my God Spark "transmitter" so's to speak, and the more I read and dug, the more I was blown away by so many things I was guided to and received. I see the layer upon layer of truth the bible does hold, and how so much had been distorted or missed. Just like you my response to people in why I believe what I believe and yet told by others as making it up as I go. But I feel through my life I have been taught many things so when Jesus came to me, my eyes would see and my ears would hear what those who had grown up within the church may not understand due to being told not to question as thats the work of the devil and blasphemy) But the messages I am receiving just gets stronger, and feels like a knowing within that has always been there has been unlocked for now is the time.
I am aware there was a time that people had no choice but to go along with the "Law" and it's really sad to think of how many good people have been killed for simply following God and what they feel and hear in their hearts and being faithful followers to the end as instructed so courageously and I have massive amounts of respect to all those that came before me. It saddens me that through his name much damaged was caused, but because I had never read the scriptures before, I never realized how many warnings we were given along the way to not be deceived especially by the churches. If it is not done in love, then it is not of God and you will know by their fruits. It saddens me that some times scripture is used on a pick and choose basis where one scripture is used as sort of permission slip, vs many many many more against it which is still the word of God, forcing many newbies to leave. In reality Jesus himself left the church for he knew what they taught was not the Fathers wishes or words and that they were of the false god.

Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate you sharing your experience. It just gives me even greater confidence that this awakening is growing.

I would love to hear about what books you have written :) There has been a voice in side telling me to do the same in spreading the message when the time is right and I am well equipped to answer as the scripture states, there is a season for everything.
Your sadness in what happens in the world is understandable, as it is the place we are. Similar experiences even brought Christ to tears. But to overcome the sadness and understand just how a loving God could allow such things...we must look behind the scenes. We must see the world for what it really is, instead of seeing it as all we know. The world is a "creation" without substance (matter), nor Time. The best explanation, would be to compare history to a story or movie. History after all, is His story...but remember He is timeless, and spirit, and flesh and blood do not inherit the kingdom. The world is not life, it is a story, told in 3-D animation, created out of nothing, existing timelessly. To understand, ask yourself, How old is Pinocchio in the story of Pinocchio? If in the story he has an age, does he really have an age, or is it just a story? It is just a story...and it is the moral of the story that is ultimately more important: From being a boy made of wood, not actually having life...he is given "real" life and becomes a "real" boy. This too, is our story...and all that happens in our story is not even real, until we actually come to [real] life (spiritual, eternal life in God, through Christ). It is as a dream, and when we awake, the dream is discovered to be without substance (matter) or Time. As such...nobody dies. Sure, we can say, if we are "in" Christ, that He died, but that too is just the story...not even He died, because He is alive! And, sure, in our story and as it is told, we bleed life-like blood and cry life-like tears...but it is nonetheless a mere creation to communicate [not our story only, but] His story.

Enjoy the story. See you in the morning!

Last edited:
Upvote 0