Dire Dawa
✟100.00
Country
Ethiopia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know this question may hit you as strange, but I am curious. If he was God's wing man, shouldn't he know it by heart? Despite Satan's leaving long before the Bible, God always knows what is going to happen way before it does. This is something huge he was probably planning for a long time. Opinions? I am open to anything :)

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes! Satan knows scripture! Notice that the devil comes out against Christ with the word of God...

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. - 2 Peter 3

14 If ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. - James 3

Whenever someone is confusing the word of God, more than likely, there is a devil behind the scenes egging him on!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM, first off, I don't believe God actually has a "wing man" (other than the other members of the Godhead), but I know what you are saying ;) Angels, fallen or otherwise, are only His servants.

As for Satan, he knows the Bible better than any of us could ever hope to, but he intentionally misuses it as a weapon against God and against us :eek:, so what St. Paul admonishes us to do in verses like 2 Timothy 2:15 is vital (IOW, we need to be very careful to know and understand what the Bible is actually saying, in context, as a proper exegesis is always of paramount importance so the devil cannot use it against us :preach:).

Yours in Christ,
David

"Be diligent (study) to present yourself approved to God, as a
worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly
dividing the word of truth"

2 Timothy 2:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture is something you can know without understanding it. Jesus called the Pharisees "children of the devil" (John 8:44) and said of them, they cross land and sea to make a proselyte, and when they do they make them "twice the child of hell" (Matthew 23:15): and the Pharisees and scribes were well versed in the letter.

I believe what is going on is manifested in the "children of the flesh" and the "children of the Spirit" (Romans 9:8); of them "under law" and of them "under grace" (i.e. Hagar and Sarah: the allegory of the two covenants: Galatians 4:24) or we might say "under letter" and "under Spirit": Romans 6:14, Galatians 5:18): the devil and his children know the letter of the scripture, but lack understanding of the spirit: (2 Corinthians 3:6). Thus it's written that the devil has the "power of death" (Hebrews 2:14), that is the "power of the law" which has strength in sin (1 Corinthians 15:56) and which minstry of the letter is the "ministry of death" (2 Corinthians 3:7-8).

So then the devils know the scripture, but do not understand the Spirit(love): 1 John 3:10. So they "keep the law" out of fear (thus the torment and trembling: 1 John 4:18, James 2:19) and not out of a loving heart, but even with hatred of brother (as in the case of the parable of the good Samaritan; who loved his brother, whereas the others did not, though they were righteous in the own eyes without love)

So in the end, the devil knows the letter, hears, but does not understand. Matthew 13:13. This is why it says, the light shined in the darkness, but the darkness could not comprehend it: John 1:5

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0