Kelowna
✟17,849.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I mean a micro and macro level, does ideas that pertain or seem to be encapsulated by the notions and ideas of 'liberalism' really work in practice?

Here's the thing, I've lived kn Canada my whole life and whilst supposedly in practices Canada is more liberal, I find often times in practice it's much of thr opposite in real life. For once, practically everyone hates taxes and I find if anything, it seems like the majority of people just stop thinking for themselves and I find you lose democracy rather then again. As far as liberal societies go, it seems like on average, it is still common for their to be cases of abuse in foster care facilities, elderly homes, psychiatry wards and this alone as alwaus made me question if trying to change the focus to caring about others even really works all that much.

It feels in a rears, Canada is still very much capitalist and it feels contradictory and perplexing. Here, it feels like you are always taught to take others into consideration, but then all your personal decisions have to be taken in to account by what others think and feel about them and generally the group seems to function as the msde impetus for setting standards. The thing is, sometimes this just honestly feels like lowering all expectatons to te lowest common denominator amd again, this only ends up impeding on democracy because everything is just about appeasing the group. Oh well "I understand these topics or matters well" "but they don't, they are not as logical or as rational as I am or at least, well not stop letting their emotions cloud their jugement and thus I should give their irrational desries precedence over my own" see, the grpup is practically always right then. And afterwards, I find art and creativity suffers, many things start to become kind of blamd and homogeneous.

So after living in Canada my whole life I think: systematic incidents of abuse still happen quite regularly, most of Canada is only liberal because the government has ties to Britain, and the governmemt/Britain force Canadians to be more liberal but most Canadians seem to hardly care or even know why people end up in poverty, on the street or the like. I've suffered through a lot of emotional issues my whole life beczuse I had really, really bad, dysfunctional parents. Did anyone ever show me any understanding or care, probsbly can only count these people on one. Do most people here even know what capitalism is?

Most people I sepak to, I've felt this strange as well, they seem to think that they need a "job" which seems to correlste to this unyirlding or undesirable need to have somebody "offically" have something to tell you what to do. I think they've tried this before didn't they in the past? They take away their tools and then give them back to them and they still don't understand. It's like if things don't appear in this manner, a "job" and such, they freak out and can't handle it or something. Like I look at capitalism then and i think it's terrible and not too fsr removed from thr likes of even something like the Roman colllisuem and I think "well, they want to compete with each other to the death and they just dress it up nice and put a bow on it"

Last edited:

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The late Yul Brynner believed that most people are "born alone, live alone, and die alone". He is correct to a large extent imo, that life and death are a very personal thing regardless of other human attachments. The trick is to come to terms with it, and make it work for you. However, society won't grant this to you, you must seize it for yourself.

Upvote 0