Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jesus used to describe how hard it is for a proud, self-confident rich person to enter the Kingdom of God. He said it would be like a camel trying to go through the eye of a needle (see Luke 18:25). Can you imagine His audience not laughing as they tried to picture this in their minds? I can’t. His point was serious — but He used an exaggerated, humorous image to get it across.

Another example the movie Bruce Almighty with Jim Carey. Bruce was always whining and complaining about god. To teach Bruce a lesson God said okay you have all my powers lets see you do better. Bruce gets gods powers but not the wisdom and he screws up. He ask god how do you get someone to love you without changing free will. God looks at him and says welcome to my world. I would think god would have appreciated Morgan Freemans portrayal of him. I think god would probably look at society and and laugh at how ridiculous we can be.

I think alot of people picture god as a stick in the mud who is not very fun. But laughter was also created by god. People should think about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: venksta

Online.Gamer.79

Aug 13, 2020
Laconia NH
✟10,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course He has a sense of humor. He created us, didn’t he?

One of my favorite paintings is Jesus Laughing. I’m sure He laughed often.

When I think of God I tend to think of Morgan Freemans portrayal. Not sure anyone else portrayed him so well. And considering how society is I bet god laughs alot lol

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,867.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I have seen holy laughter. God laughs in the face of hardship or opposition. The joy of the Lord is strength.

I think Jesus may have got laughs when He preached about Herod the fox and when asking them what they came out to see, grass blowing in the wind?

Upvote 0
Dec 1, 2020
Texas
✟8,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We are made in God's image, so everything good that you feel is a characteristic of God: God is THE creator; that's why we are creative, God loves; that's why we can love, God is truthful; that's why we can tell the truth. I'd say that humor is a good trait, it allows you to connect with other followers and instantly break the silence and add joy into the environment.

In conclusion, just read Luke 7:34. Jesus is having a good time, probably laughing and enjoying life with his disciples.

Upvote 0