BloodwashedPilgrim

Jul 18, 2007
California
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am really curious if all Christians believe in Hell. I know most do, but are there any Christians or Chrstians denominations that do not believe in Hell?
Yes, there are Christians who don't believe in Hell. There are many Christians who don't believe in a literal Hell. There are some Christians who believe in Annihilationism (i.e. Seventh Day Adventists, Bible Students, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Advent Christian Churches). There are several "Christian" views on Hell.

Much love in Christ.

Upvote 0

AsTruthUnfolds

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,249.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, there are Christians who don't believe in Hell. There are many Christians who don't believe in a literal Hell. There are some Christians who believe in Annihilationism (i.e. Seventh Day Adventists, Bible Students, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Advent Christian Churches). There are several "Christian" views on Hell.

Much love in Christ.

Thanks for your reply. If some Christians do not believe in a literal hell, do they believe in a literal heaven? Also, do these same Christians believe that you have to take Jesus as your Savior to enter heaven or do they simply revere Jesus’ teaching because they find it carries a strong, symbolic, moral message?

Upvote 0

PostTribber

Jul 14, 2007
Woodland, CA
✟11,210.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am really curious if all Christians believe in Hell. I know most do, but are there any Christians or Christians denominations that do not believe in Hell?
....any Christian (or Christian denomination) that bet's there's no Hell has no reason to be a Christian (or a Christian denomination), because then Christ died in vain. Jesus gave to the Church the 'keys' to Death & Hell. would you want keys to a Lamborgini if Lamborgini's did not exist? :tutu:

Upvote 0

UnitedInChrist

Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
New Jersey
✟8,999.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your reply. If some Christians do not believe in a literal hell, do they believe in a literal heaven? Also, do these same Christians believe that you have to take Jesus as your Savior to enter heaven or do they simply revere Jesus’ teaching because they find it carries a strong, symbolic, moral message?
All of this will be defined by the way you practice your Christianity. All are different, with none being right nor wrong. I know numerous amounts of christians that do not believe in a LITERAL heaven/hell. Some believe hell is what we live on earth. Who knows. for me..I do NOT believe in the firey lakes of hell. The same I don't believe in a heaven in the clouds with angels, harps, and trumpets. I do believe in a heaven/hell concept however...and it has to do with the soul.

As for accepting Jesus Christ as your savior...all christians do. Protestants believe in professing that as is..and that alone will always save you. Catholics believe this to, but don't go around saying it. Many christians believe grace is what gets you to heaven..others believe it is in the works that you do (catholics). All are with good intentions. All will get you to where you need to go.

Peace

Upvote 0

BloodwashedPilgrim

Jul 18, 2007
California
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me first establish, I believe Hell is a literal place. I cannot speak on behalf of every so called "Christian" belief. However, I can say that a literal view of Heaven is taken more frequently than a literal view of Hell, to the best of my knowledge. In order to be a true Christian, you have to accept Jesus as your Savior, anyone who does not do so, should not be categorized within the realm of Christendom. (I know I put Jehovah's Witnesses in my earlier post, but it was in reference to their belief in annihilationism, I do not believe Jehovah's Witnesses are properly described if they are termed "Christians". They do not believe in Christ's deity and sacrafice in such a way as to be labeled "Christian"). All that to say, if anyone doesn't believe in Christ as their Savior and means to heaven they should not be called "Christian".

Much love in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.