Does height even matter?

Does height matter?

• Yes, I only date short girls/tall guys.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tru
There's a stereotype that girls want tall guys and guys want short girls. I don't get it.

At 6'1, I've dated people from 5'3 to 6'5. Sorry, but I don't think height matters in the dating world.

What do you think?
True on the first part, not on the second. Heck, I've known women to count their heels into the equation

"He must be taller than me as Inam wearing heels!"

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THIS!!! Women tend to care about height of their dates and men tend to care about weight of their dates ...

Both are shallow but real. They tend to limit your dating options. But each person is free to have their limitations .... just don't complain when you are also turned down because of their similar "requirements".

Is it really shallow since something can actually be done about weight?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Is it really shallow since something can actually be done about weight?

Yes it is shallow. Something maybe done about weight to a point...and it takes time. A person's weight can change over time so you better be willing to accept weight changes later in life after you committed to a person. Also, what is considered "acceptable" weight is very individual so it can't be measured in inches like height can. Even BMI isn't a good measure as in someone like Arnold Schwarznegger would have been classified "morbidly obsese" at his best fitness level.

The person who makes the best life partner needs to be attractive which is much more than physical traits. And like I said before, appearances will change over time so you need to be in love with the person so much that you stop seeing their outward appearances and fall in love with who they are inside. That is why an 85 year old little old man can look at his wrinkled old wife of 60 years and see the "most beautiful woman in the world". That is why a new father sees nothing but beauty after watching his wife give birth to their first born child. Yes, "weight" alone is very shallow....as shallow as "height" (since as a man ages, he shrinks and stoops over) .

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, what is considered "acceptable" weight is very individual so it can't be measured in inches like height can. Even BMI isn't a good measure as in someone like Arnold Schwarznegger would have been classified "morbidly obsese" at his best fitness level.

Yes, BMI is quite accurate, so I don't know where you're getting that info from. And how would Arnold be considered "morbidly obese?" Morbidly obese is so bad to a point where fat is even showing up on the ankles and wrists.

You are way wrong here.

Sadly, the United States is considered the fattest country in the world, with other countries catching up as fast food joints are popping up globally.

Some people are honestly embracing their obesity (the body positive movement) where they accept who they are regardless of the health implications.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, BMI is quite accurate, so I don't know where you're getting that info from. And how would Arnold be considered "morbidly obese?" Morbidly obese is so bad to a point where fat is even showing up on the ankles and wrists.

You are way wrong here.

Sadly, the United States is considered the fattest country in the world, with other countries catching up as fast food joints are popping up globally.

Some people are honestly embracing their obesity (the body positive movement) where they accept who they are regardless of the health implications.
BMI would wrongly categorize Arnold as morbidly obese because muscle weighs more than fat. It's an example of how weight can sometimes be misleading.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

You are way wrong here.

I am also going to have to disagree. BMI alone places me squarely in the 'obese' category, yet I am at 11% body fat. BMI works fine for people who don't know what the inside of a gym looks like, but for a lot of other people who have musculature that is significantly larger than most people, BMI is total bunk.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Where do live that there are enough men over 6' foot for women to consider those shorter than that "midgets"? How tall is the average woman?

Midwest. Rural. Lots of corn-fed fellas. I'm usually the shortest guy in the room at 5'9". Most women are my height or only slightly shorter, but my height makes me easily identifiable when I am standing among men much taller than I am.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am also going to have to disagree. BMI alone places me squarely in the 'obese' category, yet I am at 11% body fat. BMI works fine for people who don't know what the inside of a gym looks like, but for a lot of other people who have musculature that is significantly larger than most people, BMI is total bunk.

Oh okay, I checked things out, and that's true...BMI doesn't apply to body builders too well, but I just realized it was a red herring attempt made by Black Ribbon.
So to get back on topic, we're talking about a typical American, not body builders. Now, please, let's not split hairs. But hey, it's your typical message board. Red herrings and Ad hominems are par for the course in these venues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
BMI is still the primary way someone is diagnosed obese. It is simply a measure of height related to weight. It can not differentiate between what is being weighted, fat or muscle. Obesity is a medical diagnosis. Whether you feel someone is 'disgusting and gross' or 'pleasantly plump' or 'curvy'...is a matter of personal opinion....and will vary from one person to the next.

So will what is considered "tall enough" on a man. Again, it is personal opinion and preferences, not an absolute number that is set in stone for all people. What is considered "tall" is not a medical fact but is again, based in opinion. A "tall Filipino man" will not be the same as a "tall Norwegian man". In fact, a tall Filipino may be the same height as a shorter Norwegian man.....it isn't anything but the opinion of the beholder.

I prefer a man to be taller than me...which doesn't even require a man to be "average" for a man in the US. For the right guy, I'd go shorter without batting an eye. Height is so low on the necessary requirements to find a good partner. A short guy who makes me genuinely laugh and feel good is way ahead of an attractive or tall man who doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums