west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m okay with being friends. Yes I’d like it to be more but overall I just want to know if my intuition is just wrong.
He’s a very kind person, so I don’t want to put him in a weird position but asking if he’s just seeking friendship. But would a faithful Christian guy see anything wrong with the invitations and calls he’s been sending my way if he’s just interested in friendship???

My roommates say I either need to just ask or stop answering his calls but I don’t want to mess things up if he might actually be interested. And I don’t want to mess up our friendship if he’s not lol. So should I keep waiting around? Is that pitiful?

If you’re still reading, bless you lol. Any words of wisdom?

Yes, I read the whole thing :) I can certainly understand your hesitation. I like the above comment about asking he has a girlfriend. Maybe ask this casually.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is an extremely long time to be in someone’s company and never express interest. It appears he has little problem communicating his thoughts or sharing himself.

Do you think it’s normal for a man to enjoy a woman’s company for that tenure and never mention more? I don’t. And more importantly, I’d have a hard time setting my sights on someone who’s communicating friendship in his demeanor.

He isn’t shy or scared. He’s comfortable with you. And if he wanted a relationship or something more. He’s had plenty of time.

When it comes to male-female connections I like to know where I stand. Call me old-fashioned. If you want me. Let me know. I’m not chasing or asking. Others may feel differently.

~Bella

Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Lindsey Knight

Jan 12, 2020
Asheville
✟15,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever ask him about having a girlfriend?

Or talk about dating?
Thanks for responding! I know he doesn’t currently have one, but we don’t really discuss that, it’s never naturally come up in our conversations.
He’s had one girlfriend in the time I’ve known him- she was super sweet and I was genuinely happy for them but it didn’t last very long. I know he’s talked to other girls and been interested, so I feel like he’s obviously okay with pursuing if he wants to.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Lindsey Knight

Jan 12, 2020
Asheville
✟15,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is an extremely long time to be in someone’s company and never express interest. It appears he has little problem communicating his thoughts or sharing himself.

Do you think it’s normal for a man to enjoy a woman’s company for that tenure and never mention more? I don’t. And more importantly, I’d have a hard time setting my sights on someone who’s communicating friendship in his demeanor.

He isn’t shy or scared. He’s comfortable with you. And if he wanted a relationship or something more. He’s had plenty of time.

When it comes to male-female connections I like to know where I stand. Call me old-fashioned. If you want me. Let me know. I’m not chasing or asking. Others may feel differently.

~Bella
Thanks for these words! I agree- I think that’s where I’m finally getting to. If he wants me I just want him to do something and I don’t want to even date someone that I had to pursue.
I guess I keep making excuses (seminary is hard, he’s away so much, he’s been burned lalala).
Haha I guess I know my answer I just don’t even know where to start in not liking him anymore. After so long, how to break that habit y’know?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for these words! I agree- I think that’s where I’m finally getting to. If he wants me I just want him to do something and I don’t want to even date someone that I had to pursue.

That’s your mistake. His desire for you should compel him to act.

Haha I guess I know my answer I just don’t even know where to start in not liking him anymore. After so long, how to break that habit y’know?

Yes you do. And if you’re confused. Throw on a YouTube makeup video. Pick out a nice outfit. And have some fun.

He’s a good friend. But friends have a place and don’t confuse the two. A little space will help. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

Lindsey Knight

Jan 12, 2020
Asheville
✟15,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s your mistake. His desire for you should compel him to act.

Yes you do. And if you’re confused. Throw on a YouTube makeup video. Pick out a nice outfit. And have some fun.

He’s a good friend. But friends have a place and don’t confuse the two. A little space will help. :)

~Bella
Hahaha thanks girl:clapping::clapping:

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Sounds like he needs a jolt. He likes you alright, but you're not going anywhere as far as he's concerned.

I'd start putting the pressure on him a bit - post pictures of yourself with male friends, mention other guys in conversation, and just generally make him fight for you. There's no way, that if I really want someone, that I'm going to allow a lesser man to get his klutzy snivelling hands all over her.

I'm not jealous, I'm just better lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you two start dating, one of you two will have to pursue. Whether you should or not depends on factors you have not shared.

- Is he introverted, or extroverted? And which of these traits show when he is around women?
- Does he subscribe to the weird notion that he must not date anyone unless he has gotten a clear revelation from the Lord?
- Does he subscribe to the philosophy that people should just be friends until they're ready to get engaged or at least "very serious"?
- What are the nature of these invitations? Who else does he invite? Are there any other females that he invites, and if so, does he pay more attention to you than he does to them?
- Does he seem to want to maximize or minimize conversations with you?

Personally, I would appreciate it if a woman I liked would ask me out. I think that should be encouraged more in the church, I do not think we would have as many singles in the church today as we would if we did. As an introvert myself who has gone through his share of rejections, I would say that ceasing to answer my calls would communicate rejection, and any woman who has done that would have to actively pursue me very steadfastly in order to earn the opportunity for a relationship with me. Feigning disinterest or playing "hard to get" is not going to get a woman any closer to a relationship with me.

But I don't know this guy. He might have no interest and not want anyone to think he has interest unless he asks you out. You've got to consider the aforementioned factors when determining his level of interest.

Upvote 0