West Yorkshire
✟19,534.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does punish those who..... twist His Word (no debate needed).

But anyway I was not referring to inheritance, but discipline/ chastisement in TORAH from Yahweh and Yahshua et al,
which is different, on purpose, for sons vs daughters,
perfectly so in Yahweh's Plan and Purpose and Word, which is not using inclusive language that the enemy is tempting many with.
Guess that if he punishes all who disagree with you then I'm in for it YSJ. I'm game for that in allegiance to truth.

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟75,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God does not punish us, because Jesus took all of God's wrath on Himself. Isaiah 53
God doesn't deal with us based on our sins. Psalms 103:10-12
God does not impute sin to His children. Psalms 32, Romans 4:1-8, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

When He chastises us, it is not in response to any sin we have committed, but to instruct and train us.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

Sin has its own consequences. Numbers 32:23
Sin will cost you more than you want to pay. It will take you farther than you want to go. It will keep you longer than you want to stay. See Romans 6

Where sin abounds, grace abounds much more, that as sin has reigned in death, even so might grace reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our LORD. Romans 5:20-21

Grace doesn't abound so we can continue to sin, but so we can reign over it.

Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This doesn't make sense at all. If you were just seeking the truth even (not knowing it yet) , let alone in allegiance to truth(Jesus), you would have no fear of punishment at all.
Being 'game' for punishment seems to be a wrong motive though, also.

Guess that if he punishes all who disagree with you then I'm in for it YSJ. I'm game for that in allegiance to truth.

Upvote 0

V37

Feb 9, 2018
West Yorkshire
✟19,534.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This doesn't make sense at all. If you were just seeking the truth even (not knowing it yet) , let alone in allegiance to truth(Jesus), you would have no fear of punishment at all.
Being 'game' for punishment seems to be a wrong motive though, also.

I have already laid out my stall on this topic (divine punishment), urging a note of caution about gender exclusive language. I do not wish to expand on either at this point.

Suffice perhaps to reply that I was jesting to you along the lines that I would rather have truth than buy into your take, ie if God will punish me for not believing you, I’d gladly take that since believing your assertions would in my books be more like departing from truth. On the other hand I do not actually fear that he will punish me for not departing from truth. Nor do I actually fear ultimate punishment since I have passed from it (Rm.8:1; 1 Jhn.4:18 et al), yet as a child of his I do hope for educative punishment as and when required (GNB: Heb.12:7): “endure what you suffer as being a father's punishment; your suffering shows that God is treating you as his children. Was there ever a child who was not punished by his father?” Let us move on.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Man O man. You are tough.

LOL!

Me?

It's GOD Who is "tough".

He is HOLY.

No one should play "games" with Him or not take Him seriously.

There is a REASON we are admonished to "fear the Lord".

God is NOT a benign marshmallow of sentimentality.

• Agree
Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟75,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does God punish Christians for sin?

Yes.

He does.

In some cases He'll "take them out".

Like He did with Ananias and Sapphira.
There is nothing in that passage about the, being Christians.
It says, "a certain man". When Acts mentions believers it refers to them as disciples.
Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

These were wolves in sheep's clothing, not believers.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There is nothing in that passage about the, being Christians.
It says, "a certain man". When Acts mentions believers it refers to them as disciples.
Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

These were wolves in sheep's clothing, not believers.

Possibly.

God really zapped 'em though. What WERE they thinking, trying to lie to and cheat God?

Sometimes God WILL take Christians "out".

It is written that some "sleep".

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟75,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Possibly.

God really zapped 'em though. What WERE they thinking, trying to lie to and cheat God?

Sometimes God WILL take Christians "out".

It is written that some "sleep".
In 1 Corinthians 11 when Paul says some are weak and sickly and some sleep was because they did not discern the body of Christ in communion, they were making a party out of communion.

They were not taking advantage of the life giving Bread & Wine offered to them.
If they had, they would not have been weak and sickly and some dying.

We live in a fallen world where death happens. I think of Proverbs 4:20-22.
4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Jesus is the Word that gives us life and health to all our flesh.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In 1 Corinthians 11 when Paul says some are weak and sickly and some sleep was because they did not discern the body of Christ in communion, they were making a party out of communion.

They were not taking advantage of the life giving Bread & Wine offered to them.
If they had, they would not have been weak and sickly and some dying.

We live in a fallen world where death happens. I think of Proverbs 4:20-22.
4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Jesus is the Word that gives us life and health to all our flesh.

I agree.

And believers should never take God's grace for granted or carelessly dismiss it.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
any nation individual or race who tries to take the land of Israel from the Jewish people...will be judged according to scripture...

Genesis 12:3
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

there is a number of books out that show when America or any nation comes against Israel they are judged....
recently:
Bush W 2004 pressured israel to give up the gaza strip....
in around 2004-2005
result
Ariel Sharon suffered a life long stroke and coma
the next year in 2006.....
US had a protracted war in Iraq...coinsidence????
also Us economy tanked and nearly came unhinged by 2007-8

joel 3:2
... And I will enter into judgment with them there For My people and for My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations, And DIVIDED MY LAND......

this is only 1 judgement......

other judgements.....
DAYS OF NOAH
- shedding of inocent blood and violence...
DAYS OF SODOM
- sexual pervertion and homosexuality.....

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 3:12
For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights

Hebrews 12:6
For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, And He scourges every son whom He receives.”

NO PUNISHMENT of His saved children!.

Proverbs 10:16
The wages of the righteous is life, The income of the wicked, punishment.

Matthew 25:46..Jesus: Judgment of the NATIONS (ethnos = societies)
These (unbelieving goat NATIONS) will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous ( believing SHEEP NATIONS) into eternal life.”

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

• Agree
Upvote 0

V37

Feb 9, 2018
West Yorkshire
✟19,534.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man O man. You are tough.
Man o man, a lot nowadays shoot the messenger as if the messengers made the message, perhaps deceived by the History of Religions school. As the Pendragon said to Jane about marriage and points of view, "it is not a question of how you or I look on marriage but how my Masters look on it", by which he meant the heavenly powers and ultimately God (C S Lewis' That Hideous Strength, 7.2). If God (the only truly objective one) sees punishment as needed for our benefit, he offers punishment, arguably always salvific and never gratuitous. If you think of an angry old woman thrashing a child for a little cheek you're looking at an abuse of punishment based on human corruption, not its right use. Tolerance can also be based on corruption. Abusus non tollit usum. We need to understand the message and thank God for severe mercy, only then can we be true servants, deacons.

Upvote 0

V37

Feb 9, 2018
West Yorkshire
✟19,534.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not wrong, but a bit deeper they were not discerning lower class Christians as being equal parts of Christ’s body the church. Corinth was a hive of class distinctions and pride. Few Christians were being counter-cultural: upper class Christians (masters) left the agape-eucharist leftovers for lower class Christian (servants), a spitito-social sin all tied in to not seeing what the at-one-ment was all about (Gal.3:28). Assuming that it was the masters being punished rather than the servants being starved, whether it was divine punishment by not preventing illness or by causing illness we can but speculate, but either way Paul underlines that it’s a lesson to be learned.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christ-followers are not divided by God into "classes".

Mankind is divided spirituallly into ONLY believers an UNbelievers

2 Corinthians 6:14-19

1 Corinthians 12:13 (NASB)
13 For by one (God the Holy) Spirit we were all baptized into one body, (Body of Christ) whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums