NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that God does not hate the workers of iniquity?

Yes because we are, or were ALL workers of iniquity.

"ALL have turned aside ......there is no one who does good, not even one", Psalm 14:3
"The Lord looks down from heaven to see if there are any who seek God; everyone has turned away", Psalm 53:2-3
"we ALL, like sheep, have gone astray " ..... Isaiah 53:6

Jesus died for SINNERS.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you meant that to the wrong person because I have no clue what you're talking about.
I asked you a question in post 181. I’m still waiting for an answer. Jesus said that to be his disciple you have to gate your parents, siblings and children. Do you, or did Jesus mean something different?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His [a]only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

1 John 2:2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
Pulling verses out of context and highlighting the words you think are pertinent is not proper study.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus speaks of wolves, tares, swine, dogs, the offspring of Satan and John the Baptist called people vipers. These are not the poor darling lost sinners that Jesus is pleading with to come home. People aren't lost darling sinners until the point of death and then they become swine and dogs and wolves. Those statuses are achieved while still alive. And we are told to avoid these people. These are not lost sheep. Jesus came to save lost sheep. He came to seek and save the lost. But whether someone is a sheep or wolf, is up to them. Jesus didn't make these wolves, they made themselves and they are not lost. I never heard the term 'lost wolf' used.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What would the point of following Gods commands of love and gospel evangelism if God didn’t love some people? I just can’t wrap around my head how God can hate something he himself created. Would the person whom “god” hates be justified in not let’s just say liking such a “god”?
I don’t understand your last question.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No I won't.
The wages of sin is death = spiritual death, separation from God.
Adam and Eve once had a perfect relationship with God, when they disobeyed him, that relationship was broken; spoilt. When they sinned, they DID die, spiritually, that day; they were cursed by God and driven out of the Garden. Literal death, death of the body, also came into the world; but their relationship with their Creator was never the same. If they'd actually died as soon as they'd sinned, they would have been dead spiritually, in their sins, for all eternity.
Cain and Abel, Noah, Abraham, Job all offered sacrifices to God, and through Moses, the Israelites were given the sacrificial system - certain sins meant certain sacrifices. Eventually God made a new covenant with people, and sent his Son as a sacrifice for sin. So now, if people sin against God, while they are separated from him, it doesn't have to be that way forever.
No one can ever DO enough to atone for their sin, or be good enough to reconcile themselves with God. He has done this for us in Jesus. Unbelievers are still separated from God by their sin, no matter how much they do and how nice they appear to be - and even though they don't believe in God. If they want it, reconciliation with God, eternal life and spiritual blessings through Christ are available to them. They need to first hear about it - which is why Jesus tells us to go and preach the Good News - and then be willing to receive, accept and believe in what God has already done.
I know what happened. I was just using the same argument. Just as we have no say in receiving the wages, we have no say in receiving the gift.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He receives glory by demonstrating his love.
God IS love, 1 John 4:8 and showed this love by sending his Son who gave his life for sinners and those who had done, and could do, nothing to earn that love. That's what love is and does; gives itself for people who don't want, and reject, it.
He also receives glory in demonstrating His love, no question. But also by demonstrating His wrath and justice. You cannot just pick and choose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You say you are a Christian. You mean you don’t know?
I asked you how you know. Did Jesus write down what He said, so that carries more weight?

• Informative
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know what happened. I was just using the same argument. Just as we have no say in receiving the wages, we have no say in receiving the gift.

We do though.
Joshua, Elijah and others told people to choose whom they wanted to serve; God, or other gods.
Jesus said "Come to me ... " Matthew 11:28, not "you have no choice; you MUST come to me."
He allowed people to make up their minds about following him - he did not drag the rich young ruler back when he walked off, nor the disciples who walked away in John 6:66. He chose Judas, and didn't stop him from betraying him.
He said, whoever comes to me has eternal life; whoever does not come to/receive from me, doesn't have life. That tells me that some people will go to Jesus, accept him and receive eternal life and the Holy Spirit, and some won't. It's not imposed upon everyone so that they have to believe whether they want to or not.
If God wanted to impose upon people, give them no choice but to say yes and follow, why did he not do it to Adam in the Garden? If he had, sin, suffering and death would not be in the world. We'd live in paradise; everyone would worship and serve God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
We do though.
Joshua, Elijah and others told people to choose whom they wanted to serve; God, or other gods.
Jesus said "Come to me ... " Matthew 11:28, not "you have no choice; you MUST come to me."
He allowed people to make up their minds about following him - he did not drag the rich young ruler back when he walked off, nor the disciples who walked away in John 6:66. He chose Judas, and didn't stop him from betraying him.
He said, whoever comes to me has eternal life; whoever does not come to/receive from me, doesn't have life. That tells me that some people will go to Jesus, accept him and receive eternal life and the Holy Spirit, and some won't. It's not imposed upon everyone so that they have to believe whether they want to or not.
If God wanted to impose upon people, give them no choice but to say yes and follow, why did he not do it to Adam in the Garden? If he had, sin, suffering and death would not be in the world. We'd live in paradise; everyone would worship and serve God.
Pick a verse and we’ll look at it. The carpet bombing with partial verses out of context and referencing doesn’t help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s not what I said. But I think you know that.

I know it wasn't what you said, but it's what Scripture says. God IS love, 1 John 4:8.
If love is limited, as you seem to think, then God is limited too.

Otherwise, you are effectively saying that God HAS love and chooses to give that love only to some people; to limit, or restrict, the amount of love he gives away. Or maybe he has only a certain amount of love.
God IS love - agape love, the love described in 1 Corinthians 13 that is eternal, never gives up, always perseveres and so on.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pick a verse and we’ll look at it. The carpet bombing with partial verses out of context and referencing doesn’t help.

I'm not carpet bombing, I'm trying to show what different verses/passages say on the subject.

I will take you up on your offer, but I just about to have lunch and am busy this afternoon, so it may not be for a while.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Not being of an Augustinian persuasion I would say yes. But the way God loves everyone may be reckoned as "love" by everyone. "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jn 3:16

The world tends not to value what God, out of love, is freely offering. And even many in the Christian community refuse the freeness of the offering and opt for a righteousness by works, much as the Jewish unbelievers did. Nothing changes.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I'm not carpet bombing, I'm trying to show what different verses/passages say on the subject.

I will take you up on your offer, but I just about to have lunch and am busy this afternoon, so it may not be for a while.
Well, it is carpet bombing when you use a bunch of verses without context.

But I look forward to your response.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, based on the text and study and other teachers, etc.
Then why do others look at the text and study if other teachers and come up with different answers? Or is anyone who disagrees with you just wrong?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.