✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” ~Romans 9:13

But God is love so how does he show his love to those whom he hates?

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. ~Luke 6:35

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Kevin Snow, post: 72692177, member: 409649"]As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” ~Romans 9:13

But God is love so how does he show his love to those whom he hates?

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. ~Luke 6:35[/QUOTE
---------------------------------------------------------------
The first requirement is to believe God. And to believe His Word is TRUTH.
God is unchangeably RIGHTEOUS, forever without end, eternally.

Then, if this is accomplished, then begin a long time seeking what God Means in His Word - a lifetime to seek Him and His Kingdom !

The words in English in Scripture do not always convey accurately God's Meaning,

so we must turn to Him , Himself, to Reveal what He means.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. Luke 6:32-36 (NRSV) "32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

1 John 4:8 (NRSV) Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

• Agree
Reactions: SaintCody777
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Do you believe EVERY WORD THAT GOD SPEAKS is TRUTH ?
Do you believe ALL THE BIBLE ?

Absolutely. Luke 6:32-36 (NRSV) "32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

1 John 4:8 (NRSV) Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Interesting thread.
I suppose that depends on ones view of Prov 6 and Romans 9.
The way I view it is, that these are believers that practice these things, moreso than believers I would think. Just throwing that out there........

Proverbs 6:
9 Till when, O slothful one, dost thou lie? When dost thou arise from thy sleep? 10 A little sleep, a little slumber, A little clasping of the hands to rest, 11 And thy poverty hath come as a traveller, And thy want as an armed man. 12 A man of worthlessness, a man of iniquity, Walking [with] perverseness of mouth, 13 Winking with his eyes, speaking with his feet, Directing with his fingers, 14 Frowardness [is] in his heart, devising evil at all times, Contentions he sendeth forth. 15 Therefore suddenly cometh his calamity, Instantly he is broken — and no healing.

16 These six hath Jehovah hated, Yea, seven [are] abominations to His soul.

17 Eyes high —
tongues false —
And hands shedding innocent blood —
18 A heart devising thoughts of vanity —
Feet hasting to run to evil —
19 A false witness [who] doth breathe out lies —
And one sending forth contentions between brethren

Roman 9:
22 What if God, intending to show His wrath and make His power known, bore with great patience the vessels of His wrath, prepared for destruction?
23 What if He did this to make the riches of His glory known to the vessels of His mercy, whom He prepared in advance for glory— 24 including us, whom He has called not only from the Jews, but also from the Gentiles
?

Kindgdom Bible Studies Savior of the World Series Part 1
God Will Have All Men Be Saved

Paul, in I Tim. 2:1-6, gives the answer! "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for ALL MEN ... for this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who WILL HAVE A-L-L M-E-N TO BE SAVED, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave Himself a RANSOM FOR ALL, to be testified in due time."

This text is one of rare beauty. It is indeed like a precious diamond, the effulgence of whose radiance dazzles the mind. It is a drop of pure distilled essence, whose fragrance fills the rooms of the heart. It is a joy forevermore and a challenge to everyone who reads it with an understanding heart. It should be engraved upon the heart of every saint of God. There is so much depth to that text that I am afraid that we often do not even perceive it. It is like a beautiful sky of deep rich blue and one cannot even begin to grasp the vast depth above us. So it is with this passage!

Last edited:
Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe that God loves everyone, but sadly not everyone loves Him. It is a soul's own choice to reject God and His love that separates them from Him for eternity.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, Jesus says,

"'For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.'" (John 3:16)

And God does not change; so if He loves "the world" by sending His very own Son to us, I would say He still so loves "the world", which to me would mean everyone.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but what a strange silly question. Well can GOD lie? "for GOD so LOVED the WORLD He gave His only son"...so.. John 3:16 the words from GODS MOUTH should answer this. And did not John say.. behold the LAMB of GOD that takes away the sins of the world.. the WORLD He made the WORLD He loves.. for GOD so LOVED..what does LOVE mean? Hello CROSS..

As for the one that says hell...remember this was made for Satan and His angels NOT MAN. God never made it for that. But those that make the choice to follow Satan will GOD FORBID receive the same reward. Father I need more of you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Punishment doesn't preclude love.
According to Hebrews 12, I would say that is a correct assessment....

Hebrews 12:
5 and ye have forgotten the exhortation that doth speak fully with you as with sons, ‘My son, be not despising chastening of the Lord, nor be faint, being reproved by Him,
6 for whom the Lord doth love He doth chasten, and He scourgeth every son whom He receiveth;’

7 if chastening ye endure, as to sons God beareth Himself to you, for who is a son whom a father doth not chasten?
8 and if ye are apart from chastening, of which all have become partakers, then bastards are ye, and not sons.
9 Then, indeed, fathers of our flesh we have had, chastising [us], and we were reverencing [them]; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of the spirits, and live?

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.