Not open for further replies.

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wrong again, lux. You can have moral certitude and disagree with the ELCA, but you don't. Just because your church leaders have offered you a free ticket to hell does not mean you are obligated to take it, and you can be a good Lutheran, a witness to the truth, and help bring your church back to God. He is waiting.

That is a true "choice".

Reactions: Ave Maria
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here, is the Truth about abortion:

2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:

You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish.

God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes.​

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"The Church"...as in the Catholic Church? That's just one denomination's position, one I do not follow, so I can't be held to your most recent quote, nor can any Protestant.

Nope, that is the Truth. There can only be one Truth when it comes to morality and God. This is not to say that non-Catholic churches do not have it partly correct because most non-Catholic churches do get their beliefs partly correct. But no church has the total Truth except for the Catholic Church which was founded by Jesus Christ Himself. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, that is the Truth. There can only be one Truth when it comes to morality and God. This is not to say that non-Catholic churches do not have it partly correct because most non-Catholic churches do get their beliefs partly correct. But no church has the total Truth except for the Catholic Church which was founded by Jesus Christ Himself. :thumbsup:
That's not quite true or the RCC wouldn't get so much wrong.

And since this is so off-topic, I'm not going to continue with this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Then we don't even have anything to discuss because I'm not going to cater to "my religion is the only true way" because we'll remain at a dead lock with regard to anything because I don't believe catholicism is the only way. I don't debate with brick walls.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's not quite true or the RCC wouldn't get so much wrong.

And since this is so off-topic, I'm not going to continue with this.

I would like for you to post exactly what you see the Catholic Church as getting wrong in a different thread in OBOB in a non-debative manner. You could also post it on Catholic Answers Forums for example. I am sure that the more knowledgeable Catholics on that forum and this forum would be willing to answer all of your misconceptions about the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church gets nothing wrong when it comes to doctrine on morality, ethics, and faith so therefore your assertions are based on ignorance. And no, I mean absolutely no offense by that.

Then we don't even have anything to discuss because I'm not going to cater to "my religion is the only true way" because we'll remain at a dead lock with regard to anything because I don't believe catholicism is the only way. I don't debate with brick walls.

Ok then. I will pray that God will open your eyes to your heresy and show you the Truth. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok then. I will pray that God will open your eyes to your heresy and show you the Truth. :crossrc:
Just FYI, to add to the irony, I could be praying that you'll abandon your heretical rouge church in favor of the Orthodox, One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. :crosseo:

Just to add to the irony.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course God does not hate blacks. But I want to see some statistics that truly show that a disproportionate number of African-American fetuses are being killed. And don't show me some pro-life propaganda either. I want unbiased statistics.

Upvote 0

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Of course God does not hate blacks. But I want to see some statistics that truly show that a disproportionate number of African-American fetuses are being killed. And don't show me some pro-life propaganda either. I want unbiased statistics.
I doubt there are any unbiased statistics to be had on abortion. Seriously, any statistical study would have to take into account the viewpoint of the sampler.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, God does not hate blacks. The reason why a disproportionate amount of blacks are aborted is because Planned Parenthood targets them. Planned Parenthood targets all minorities because they are often poor and can't afford a child. Therefore, Planned Parenthood sees them as an easy target. Want proof? Check out how many Planned Parenthood clinics are placed within impoverished minority neighborhoods against the number of Planned Parenthood clinics placed within neighborhoods of those with average to above average income.

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my rather large city...that hypothesis is incorrect. Our PP's are in mostly higher income areas. There is one in the gentrified area of the city....one in between the two major universities and the rest are in the suburbs....and mostly in the white and higher income suburbs. Our predominately black areas are lacking.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, God does not hate blacks. The reason why a disproportionate amount of blacks are aborted is because Planned Parenthood targets them. Planned Parenthood targets all minorities because they are often poor and can't afford a child. Therefore, Planned Parenthood sees them as an easy target. Want proof? Check out how many Planned Parenthood clinics are placed within impoverished minority neighborhoods against the number of Planned Parenthood clinics placed within neighborhoods of those with average to above average income.

oh good another conspiracy theorist. Planned Parenthood is a good organization and there are, believe it or not, PPs that do NOT perform abortions.

Upvote 0

NDNgirl4ever

LPN, Vegan Hippie Freak, and Tony Orlando and Dawn
Sep 12, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟8,598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Check out how many Planned Parenthood clinics are placed within impoverished minority neighborhoods against the number of Planned Parenthood clinics placed within neighborhoods of those with average to above average income.
As Lux said, not all Planned Parenthood clinics provide abortions.So just because you see a Planned Parenthood clinic, it doesn't mean that it's an abortion clinic. The ones that are not abortion clinics provide the same services(many of which are potentially life saving) as all OB/GYNs and midwives, they just make it more affordable.

I looked up the list of Planned Parenthood clinics closest to me, and then I looked up the neighborhood demographics.The nearest one that provides abortion is in an area that is over 80% WHITE according to the info that I found (from realty sites). Of the other three nearest Planned Parenthood clinics, two of them,including one abortion clinic, were in areas that the sites said were mostly white as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.