Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Can't get any more mystical than the writings of Paul.

BTW, do you mean ancient Kabalah or the bizarre modern form practiced by the likes of Madonna?

Any Kabbalah! I never read any mystic writings of Paul.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Any Kabbalah! I never read any mystic writings of Paul.

Therein lies the problem. I agree with Steve in both of his statements. Perhaps you might need to define more precisely what you mean by "Kabbalah" as I have been accused of teaching Kabbalah on quite a few occasions, (even had a thread deleted right here in this forum because people did not understand what was being said) yet I have never purposely set out to study Kabbalah in any form. Everything I believe and confess comes from the teachings, doctrines, parables, and Testimony of Yeshua, which interpret Torah and Prophets. Tell me a little about your own eschatology and if it looks anything like what we see in GT or the Eschatology board then know that whether you know it or not you yourself probably practice some form of Kabbalah, (the Testimony of Yeshua makes this clear because the Word given him from the Father is the authority and the Master tells us what Torah and Prophets concern). "Kabbalah", when used in places such as this, is typically nothing more than a catch word like "Gnostic" employed so as to label someone a heretic and set them aside for destruction. Not saying that I perceive this to be your intention but just sayin' from experience. To the flesh man everything supernal becomes "Kabbalah" because he refuses to pluck out his own offensive right eye. ^_^

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Therein lies the problem. I agree with Steve in both of his statements. Perhaps you might need to define more precisely what you mean by "Kabbalah" as I have been accused of teaching Kabbalah on quite a few occasions, (even had a thread deleted right here in this forum because people did not understand what was being said) yet I have never purposely set out to study Kabbalah in any form. Everything I believe and confess comes from the teachings, doctrines, parables, and Testimony of Yeshua, which interpret Torah and Prophets. Tell me a little about your own eschatology and if it looks anything like what we see in GT or the Eschatology board then know that whether you know it or not you yourself probably practice some form of Kabbalah, (the Testimony of Yeshua makes this clear because the Word given him from the Father is the authority and the Master tells us what Torah and Prophets concern). "Kabbalah", when used in places such as this, is typically nothing more than a catch word like "Gnostic" employed so as to label someone a heretic and set them aside for destruction. Not saying that I perceive this to be your intention but just sayin' from experience. To the flesh man everything supernal becomes "Kabbalah" because he refuses to pluck out his own offensive right eye. ^_^

I do not consider parables and visions to be the practice of Kabbalah. Kabbalah (Hebrew: קַבָּלָה‎, literally "receiving/tradition"; also transliterated Cabala, Qabbālâ etc.; different transliterations now tend to denote alternative traditions. I'm speaking of Kabbalah being a part of Mysticism or Divination.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought we had a thread on all the ideologies that Paul put forth that came out of his kabbalah teaching.... like "do you not know that you are the temple of God?"

The heavenly Adam and the earthly Adam....mystical teachings.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I thought we had a thread on all the ideologies that Paul put forth that came out of his kabbalah teaching.... like "do you not know that you are the temple of God?"

Giving a parable is not the practice of Kabbalah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Concepts of Kabbalah

Ein Sof ·
Tzimtzum ·
Ohr
Ayin and Yesh ·
Sephirot
Four Worlds
Seder hishtalshelut
Tree of Life ·
Merkavah
Jewish angelic hierarchy
Shekhinah ·
Partzufim
Qliphoth ·
Tohu and Tikun
Sparks of holiness
Messianic rectification
Gilgul ·
Kabbalistic astrology
Gematria ·
Notarikon ·
Temurah
Names of God in Judaism
Shemhamphorasch
Tzadik ·
Tzadikim Nistarim
Anthropomorphism in Kabbalah
Panentheism

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What is your opinion in this matter? Is it something that God approves of, or not?

You should hope not, because I have already cut my hair and prepared a curse of salt again you, I have burned it all in the fire.

Is the ground quaking beneath your feet yet?

Give it a few hours.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Concepts of Kabbalah

Ein Sof ·
Tzimtzum ·
Ohr
Ayin and Yesh ·
Sephirot
Four Worlds
Seder hishtalshelut
Tree of Life ·
Merkavah
Jewish angelic hierarchy
Shekhinah ·
Partzufim
Qliphoth ·
Tohu and Tikun
Sparks of holiness
Messianic rectification
Gilgul ·
Kabbalistic astrology
Gematria ·
Notarikon ·
Temurah
Names of God in Judaism
Shemhamphorasch
Tzadik ·
Tzadikim Nistarim
Anthropomorphism in Kabbalah
Panentheism

Just because a person does not agree with everything doesn't mean that they cant find little pearls here and there in them.

What about Constellations?

Is there any connection of the design of the temple in them?

Is the language of constellations and the zodiac used in the bible?

Many people have a thing with numbers, and there is a science of numbers behind everything in the bible.

A lot of wise people have thought of many wise things.

One would have to study and then take the pearls where pearls are found.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just because a person does not agree with everything doesn't mean that they cant find little pearls here and there in them.

What about Constellations?

Is there any connection of the design of the temple in them?

Is the language of constellations and the zodiac used in the bible?

Many people have a thing with numbers, and there is a science of numbers behind everything in the bible.

A lot of wise people have thought of many wise things.

One would have to study and then take the pearls where pearls are found.

Astrology and Astronomy are two different things. And Numerology and Numerics are two different things. See my point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Astrology and Astronomy are two different things. And Numerology and Numerics are two different things. See my point?

Yeah, I agree.

The bible uses so much symbolism that it wouldn't be hard to go off course.

I still have to consider anything Jewish, if it is a concept, a belief, I always just try and put myself in the shoes of a person who would know all Jewish thought.

I am always surprised at people when they point out that I like a secular song and they point it out and say I couldn't be Christian. I have been called out for studying Hinduism and the Koran, as if to do so were sin.

I mean, you said those things were sin, what exactly do you mean by that?

I mean, I don't really know that much about Kabbalah, but I don't see the people who do as some great sinners.

Is it because they are practicing an invented tradition made by man?

Is it because they seek out deep symbolism?

What exactly is the sin about it? Just curious.

When I look in the mirror, I see 3 faces, I symbolize everything.

But who is perfectly right?

I could point out the most important person in this forum and still find something missing, but he is brilliant, seriously brilliant, but I even find flaws with him, I do with everyone though.

But that's ok, I'm sure people see flaws in my thinking as well.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I kinda dig people who get into Kabbalah, I don't agree with them in many things, but I wouldn't call them great sinners.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟140,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you need a third option in this poll of yours, maybe even a fourth, fifth, sixth or seventh. How about;
  • "I don't know, I'll ask Him when I see Him."
  • "I don't know, I'll look it up in Zohar."
  • "I don't presume to speak for God."
  • "I'm not concerned with opinions."
  • "I don't answer trick questions from people with an obvious agenda."
What is your opinion in this matter? Is it something that God approves of, or not?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I agree.

The bible uses so much symbolism that it wouldn't be hard to go off course.

I still have to consider anything Jewish, if it is a concept, a belief, I always just try and put myself in the shoes of a person who would know all Jewish thought.

I am always surprised at people when they point out that I like a secular song and they point it out and say I couldn't be Christian. I have been called out for studying Hinduism and the Koran, as if to do so were sin.

I mean, you said those things were sin, what exactly do you mean by that?

I mean, I don't really know that much about Kabbalah, but I don't see the people who do as some great sinners.

Is it because they are practicing an invented tradition made by man?

Is it because they seek out deep symbolism?

What exactly is the sin about it? Just curious.

When I look in the mirror, I see 3 faces, I symbolize everything.

But who is perfectly right?

I could point out the most important person in this forum and still find something missing, but he is brilliant, seriously brilliant, but I even find flaws with him, I do with everyone though.

But that's ok, I'm sure people see flaws in my thinking as well.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I kinda dig people who get into Kabbalah, I don't agree with them in many things, but I wouldn't call them great sinners.
When I said it was a sin, I meant that it is an error in judgment.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you need a third option in this poll of yours, maybe even a fourth, fifth, sixth or seventh. How about;
  • "I don't know, I'll ask Him when I see Him."
  • "I don't know, I'll look it up in Zohar."
  • "I don't presume to speak for God."
  • "I'm not concerned with opinions."
  • "I don't answer trick questions from people with an obvious agenda."

Even if I do have an agenda, I still want to hear from others.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This sentence here is defective, because Balaam blessed Israel before to please God.

Numbers 24:1
Now when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he did not resort to divination as at other times, but turned his face toward the wilderness.

This is how it should read:

Numbers 24:1
Now when Balaam blessed Israel, he saw that it pleased the Lord that he did not resort to divination like the other times, but he turned his face toward the wilderness.

Upvote 0