Does anyone use essential oils?

May 1, 2008
✟108,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im not sure if its actually classified as an essential oil as such, but Ive just started using Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner, and also Argan Oil treatment oil. My hair has been dry, splitting and lost the shine due to changing from having it dyed completely black, to my natural colour with foils. I dont usually rave about shampoo and conditioner, but seriously, within two times of using these products, I noticed a HUGE change. Ive also had other people noticing the difference, and a couple of them are now using it themselves.

Im also using a small amount on my skin, and its just lovely.

Oh, and it smells absolutely wonderful! :swoon:

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely adore essential oils. I have several. My latest recipe is Epsom salt with frankincense and myrrh drops. Heavenly, truly heavenly spa bath experience.
If I may suggest something...

"Epsom Salts" is a source of Magnesium, which is responsible for a significant part of the benefit you notice. The right form of magnesium is absorbed through the skin. "Epsom Salts" has in it, however, things that are not as good for you. If you get a good "Magnesium Oil" or bath salts from a good supplier of magnesium oil, you will get the good benefits without as much of that bad stuff.

This is not intended or claimed to cure any disease or disorder. Let your own results be satisfaction enough for the effort.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I swish and gargle with oregano oil 1-2x per week, sometimes more often. Yes it does stink!! lol I'm used to it now though.
I learned of this 12 years ago, and find more and more uses for it!

I put information that I had read and discovered on a webpage. If anyone is interested in reading that, send me a PM, and I'll give the link.

This is not intended or claimed to cure any disease or disorder. Let your own results be satisfaction enough for the effort.

Upvote 0

Maka

Dec 4, 2012
✟21,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
what is sacred frankincense?

"Boswellia sacra (Sacred Frankincense) has fewer compounds in it than Boswellia carteri (regular Frankincense)…..however in Sacred Frankincense, its alpha pinenes are 80.72%, compared with 52.64% in Boswellia carteri, and its incensol (a heavier molecule, which is only captured with 15+ hours of distillation) is 0.82% in Boswellia sacra, compared with 0.4% in Boswellia carteri."

I'm not sure if that information is correct. I was looking for information about it without advertising a company. It's also really expensive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes we have been using EO on my daughter for over a month now
plus other homeopathic remedies.
I wrote out the who protocol, and when I submitted it, for some odd reason I got logged out, and it was gone.
so if anyone is interested let me know.
although we are using them, even the diffuser, I believe I see an improvement.

Upvote 0

Cool_Hand_Luke

#TotallyAwesome
May 9, 2006
Visit site
✟7,907.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I use Young Living Essential Oils. Our family loves them so much, my wife became a distributor. We started a site to help educate others and share do it yourself (DIY) recipes. You can check it out at diyessentialoils.com

I created a FREE 11 day course for those who are interested. I am researching my next blog article on Biblical Essential Oils and wow is there alot of information in the Bible about essential oils. Even as a pastor, I didn't realize the benefits until I started using them.

Several of my kids have asthma and using a diffuser helps out with their breathing.

Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I use them sometimes, mainly for allergies. I use lavender to help me sleep or calm down from an anxiety attack. I needed to start drinking more water so I would put a drop of lemon oil and a drop of lime oil in my glass of water. It helped me love the taste so I drink it a lot more now, sometimes without the oil. When I start to get sick, I use lavender, peppermint, and lemon oils. I put them behind my ears, on my throat, wrists, and elbows. I take pills with the same oils too so it helps internally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thieves Oil (Blend) for cleaning, disinfecting, combating mold, viruses, all sorts of stuff...

Argan oil is the best thing I have found for skin & hair & a lil' bit goes a long way.

Peppermint on the temples/forehead, is very good at combating headaches

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thought I would resurrect this old thread. I've been using Doterra brand oils for just over a month now. The ones that we've been using have helped my husband sleep and we are both becoming convinced that there's something to this. :)

Upvote 0