MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I use essential oils for my homemade hair products and skincare. I've never ingested them. My hair and skin had done a complete turn around, but I dont credit the oils

Please, would you mind sharing your recipes or is there a site online?

;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I use essential oils all the time.

Oregano Oil is very potent. One drop of that essential oil in one's salad dressing is hot hot hot. Anyway, it got rid of my severe sore throat, so I was one very happy camper. Warning: it can burn the skin and throat. Follow the directions on bottle. Never use full strength. It is hotter than cayenne pepper, and like cayenne pepper, water just spreads the misery. (ouch) Oil helps to dilute and cool it.

Eucalyptus Oil was used during WWII by the Aussies. I was told by a former military officer that during a flu epidemic, they would have any soldiers who complained of flu symptoms march bare foot in piles of eucalyptus leaves before retiring for the evening. Then they would sleep like babies and improve dramatically. Not surprisingly, eucalyptus oil is used in a lot of balm preparations (like Badger Balm) for respiratory infections.

WARNING: If you have a severe sore throat, respiratory or flu symptoms, please contact your doctor and follow his advice.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am just wondering if anyone uses essential oils. And if they worked for them. Did you have any benefits?

I rely on natural supplements, and can't say I've gotten benefit from oils. One possible exception is oregano, as a general immune booster / cold fighter. But MAN does it stink!

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Carlson's Fish ;)-oil caps - work well. They're beneficial for people not eating enuf fish, of the kind rich in poly-unsaturated Omega's-3 EPA & DHA :thumbsup:

+1 for fish oils, and flax / safflower. Those aren't the typical essential oils though. I agree with those that say topical use. Tea tree oil is GREAT to add to cleaners, for just about any purpose

Upvote 0

serenedi

Jan 24, 2012
Texas
✟11,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I rely on natural supplements, and can't say I've gotten benefit from oils. One possible exception is oregano, as a general immune booster / cold fighter. But MAN does it stink!

I swish and gargle with oregano oil 1-2x per week, sometimes more often. Yes it does stink!! lol I'm used to it now though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

serenedi

Jan 24, 2012
Texas
✟11,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
+1 for fish oils, and flax / safflower. Those aren't the typical essential oils though. I agree with those that say topical use. Tea tree oil is GREAT to add to cleaners, for just about any purpose

Anytime I can see slight skin irritations coming on, I dab a qtip with tea tree and water, and then gently dab the skin. After about a minute I rinse with cold water. Tea tree will burn your skin -- so make sure you dilute it! It heals any impending acne quickly.

Upvote 0

Aijalon

Sayin' it like it is
Jun 4, 2012
✟17,356.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am just wondering if anyone uses essential oils. And if they worked for them. Did you have any benefits?
Yes, they are helpful.

A seminar I once watched advocated that the Bible teaches on the following for health:

1. Proper diet
2. Hygene
3. Essential oils
4. Prayer

Upvote 0

RachieCat

~~Pisces~~
Jun 7, 2008
✟16,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been use coconut oil daily. It is good for my skin, nail and hair. It can improve my memory power and brain function. It can increase my immune system and also speed up metabolism. It can prevent various diseases.

How much per day? I bought a tub of this and started a spoonful a day.

Upvote 0