Does anyone listen to Christian metalcore, rapcore, or nu-metal type bands?

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm just curious bc i haven't been able to find too many christians that i kno that like these styles of music -- Usually when i tell them the styles of music i listen to, they usually just shake their heads. For me, this music speaks to me. Not all the bands/songs do, but, many of them do. I love the groups Demon Hunter and Sleeping Giant the Best for the christian genres. I also LOVE the band All That Remains -- Now, I kno they are not christian, however, some of their music draws me towards christ.

If there are any of you that listen to any of these genres or a genre similar to this, what attracts you to that style and what group has influenced you the most in a positive way?

Here are 2 songs by Sleeping Giant that actually really helped me out a few months ago -- they are actually not screaming in these songs -- They are worshiping God! And both songs have a very good message.

SLEEPING GIANT - Tithemi (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Sleeping Giant- Oh Praise Him (06/15/08) - YouTube

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟160,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I listen to some metal christian bands. Of course a lot of bands aren't purely one genre. Some of my favorite christian metal bands are: Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, and P.O.D.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟382,264.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like it.

If there are any of you that listen to any of these genres or a genre similar to this, what attracts you to that style and what group has influenced you the most in a positive way?
I just like heavy music. I don't like most CCM. When I hear music that sounds like CCM on a secular radio station, I change the station.

To answer your question about which group has been the biggest positive influence in my life, I have a hard time deciding between Living Sacrifice and No Innocent Victim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟160,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Nobody listens to nu-metal. Religion does not factor into it.
:scratch: All three of the christian bands I mentioned are nu-metal... and I think they are popular enough to say that people do listen to nu-metal. :p Maybe you were being sarcastic though. :confused:

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nobody listens to nu-metal. Religion does not factor into it.

Haha... yeah...

I do like P.O.D. though. Even though they consider themselves nu-metal they've got enough prog to interest me. Or at least, they used to.

To the OP: I'm a big fan of Demon Hunter, Project 86, Living Sacrifice, Saviour Machine, and a few other Christian metal bands. But my favorite types of metal are symphonic metal (like Epica, Nightwish) and folk-metal (Eluveitie, In Extremo, Korpiklanni) - and I haven't found any Christian artists in those particular sub-genres.

Also, see this thread.

Upvote 0

SweetAvenue

Nov 28, 2011
Massachusetts (North Shore)
✟15,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm more into soft rock/folksy/bluesy kinds of stuff, but sometimes if I hear a good song that is more heavy/metal-ish I'll listen to it. For a while I was into Christian metal and stuff, but I guess I just sort of mellowed out.

Upvote 0