Does anyone know if Amy Poehler has a religion or believes in God?

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yes but for a reason that only you know have decided to say He is not real.

I do understand some of the pain you go thru and I do understand why you have come to that conclusion and I do not blame you as I have come to the verge of coming to the same conclusion but He is very real and loves us very much. It is the devil and this world of sin that hates us.

I would not say that he is not real, just that so far I have not see any convincing evidence for his existence.

A lack of a belief in a God is not the same thing as saying there is not a God.

I'm depressed sure, but that has nothing to do with my being an atheist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
yes but for a reason that only you know have decided to say He is not real.

I do understand some of the pain you go thru and I do understand why you have come to that conclusion and I do not blame you as I have come to the verge of coming to the same conclusion
I really need to do some research to find out how many religions subscribe to this "You know we're right, no matter what you say" juvenile nonsense. I also wonder about the origins of it. It's fascinating and clever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do people who do not believe in God come here to socialize.

I know I could not go to a Buddha's site or a Muslim site or an atheist site to socialize as we do not have any basic moral beliefs to keep us interested in each other?

The atheist have their own sites but I would not be happy posting there. Why are atheist happy posting here. You are more than welcome to but I do not see why you do unless you really do know God is real but you just want to get attention saying he does not.

Even though I am not religious, I still see the value in trying to understand the psychology behind those who are. Although I'd say 95% of my posts here have nothing to do with religion and I just enjoy the company of posters here. There are plenty of things to talk about and engage in here other than Christianity. If it were a solely Christian topic website, I would have probably left long ago.

Even though I am not religious, I still see the value in trying to understand the spiritual.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why do people who do not believe in God come here to socialize.

[...]

The atheist have their own sites but I would not be happy posting there. Why are atheist happy posting here. You are more than welcome to but I do not see why you do unless you really do know God is real but you just want to get attention saying he does not.
I feel like I've said this so many times...never in my life can I remember being asked why I would want to talk to someone who has different beliefs. Until I came on this website, that is. I've been asked this question in several different forms, and it's a very strange query to me. Unfathomable. I've always been encouraged to talk to and learn about people who are different from myself. It's a good thing for a person to do, and I think I usually manage to remain pretty respectful and constructive on here.

I should probably just put a short version of this in my signature, but I'll do you a favor and sum it up yet again:

1. Education. There are non-Christian scholars who spend their entire careers studying and writing about this religion. I'm not in that particular field, though it does intersect with my area of study. I'm intellectually curious.
  2. Interfaith dialogue. I value open dialogue between members of different religions, and one of the great things about the Digital Age is the ease with which we can do this. I will continue to take advantage of this.
  3. Awareness. Christianity affects Western culture and politics more than any other religion or belief system. It's important for all people to have an understanding of the institutions that influence their society.
  4. This one is more specific to my own life. I am not a theist, but I see value in virtually every religion. I'm a Unitarian Universalist, and my sense of spirituality contains ideas from many different faiths. It's hard to achieve that without exploring them.
I've learned a lot, for what it's worth, and talking to people of different religions does not compromise my happiness. That's why I'm still here nearly two years later.
I know I could not go to a Buddha's site or a Muslim site or an atheist site to socialize as we do not have any basic moral beliefs to keep us interested in each other?
You can't think of anything that you could talk about with a Buddhist or a Muslim, or anything you might have in common?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Texas101

Somewhere in the continuum
Nov 9, 2013
Houston
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would not say that he is not real, just that so far I have not see any convincing evidence for his existence.

A lack of a belief in a God is not the same thing as saying there is not a God.

Just curious,

Some insist that things must exists until conclusively disproved, while also stating God's existence must be conclusively proved.

1. Are you looking for evidence of God's existence?

2. What evidence would convince you God exists?

3. If you are seeking evidence, are you certain that the evidence you're seeking would demonstrate God's existence?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Am I looking for evidence for God's existence? I have, and so far I have found nothing. Currently I see no reason to search.

What evidence would convince me of God's existence? I'm not sure. Perhaps if he appeared to me and started to do wondrous things. Then again I might be wondering if I'm in some drug induced mind trip. I'm sure after a while I'd start to become convinced. If he just left I don't know, but if he stayed with me for weeks and weeks.. sure..

You could always go the Matrix route or "aliens", but eh.. lol.

Upvote 0