Does Anybody Get Goosebumps When They Read The Bible?

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it seems like I did, but the thing more often for me is to be lifted out of my mere thinking, mere doctrines (always so much less than the word itself), and feel transported, awe often, and sometimes astounded or amazed. And feelings I don't have words for at times.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Dude I was CRYING today lol! (maybe im just dramatic, I looked like a hot mess listening to the audio bible in the mall lol!)

I think refining fire is a good analogy.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dude I was CRYING today lol! (maybe im just dramatic, I looked like a hot mess listening to the audio bible in the mall lol!)

I think refining fire is a good analogy.
However one defines it, it's a matter of joy and doing joyfully what God has given to do profitably for His glory, right? :)

A similar analogy I guess is if one goes to a Christian rock concert and the music is so good and one is reminded of the Lord so much that...some ppl might exclaim with joy, others cry, etc. (If this makes sense?)

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
In response to the OP: No, I don't recall getting goosebumps while reading the Bible; however, I have been moved so much by Scriptures that I have cried, and this usually takes place during troubled moments when I pick the Bible up to seek answers from God, and it brings such peace as I know God is speaking through His Word.

However, I am open to the fact that the Holy Spirit can move in the most awesome ways, and that means anything can happen. So... if I do get goosebumps during prayer, Bible reading, and such, I'll just let God do His work!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No goosebumps, but it's like a light bulb gets turned on at times, and a smile emits sometimes, from the inside, out. Other times a sense of awe just hits me as this verse seems to just "come alive" (Jeremiah 33:3) because it's like God's Holy Spirit just opened a treasure house for me that i never noticed or "absorbed" before. It's like a "discovery", and i'm like this:

iu

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No goosebumps, but it's like a light bulb gets turned on at times, and a smile emits sometimes, from the inside, out. Other times a sense of awe just hits me as this verse seems to just "come alive" (Jeremiah 33:3) because it's like God's Holy Spirit just opened a treasure house for me that i never noticed or "absorbed" before. It's like a "discovery", and i'm like this:

iu

I feel the same exact way.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Matisyahu8898

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2016
MO
✟34,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do all the time when listening to Christian Music. When I went to the Passion Conference last year, I pretty much had continuous goosebumps. It was more than just the music, though. It was bible reading, like you said (I remember being really moved, and probably got goosebumps, when I heard James 1:2), the fellowship, the sermons, and just the feeling of being surrounded by thousands of fellow believers, when I usually am surrounded by very few, it was like walking into a hot room, but instead of feeling hot, it was like I was feeling the Holy Spirit. I get them less often when it's just me alone with my bible, but I do get them. It's a good reminder for me that God's right there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes. But I also get goosebumps when Satan's at my back. So I wait for the Word and I test the spirits instead of relying on my goosebumps. P.S. I'm BiPolar, so I've had a lot of goosebumps to discern between :)

Peace in Jesus Christ
-Jon

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do all the time when listening to Christian Music. When I went to the Passion Conference last year, I pretty much had continuous goosebumps. It was more than just the music, though. It was bible reading, like you said (I remember being really moved, and probably got goosebumps, when I heard James 1:2), the fellowship, the sermons, and just the feeling of being surrounded by thousands of fellow believers, when I usually am surrounded by very few, it was like walking into a hot room, but instead of feeling hot, it was like I was feeling the Holy Spirit. I get them less often when it's just me alone with my bible, but I do get them. It's a good reminder for me that God's right there.

music brings me to tears sometimes.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Me, no, not really. I get a sort of goosebumps when I say or do something which makes others either fear or praise God, however.

Upvote 0