Does a Husband's anointing carry over to his wife?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure that there's a "Bible College" somewhere that teaches this. The religious world is remarkably diverse.

However, a person would have to search high and low to find a college or seminary that teaches what you've described, since the belief is far from conventional, regardless of whether it's Catholic or Protestant theology that we're talking about.
Really Bible Colleges do not teach the basic rules of Bible interpretation that can be found on multiple web sites with a simple google search?

It all comes down to asking who was the Bible FIRST written for and how does the BIBLE apply to us today? What Bible College are you referring to that does NOT ask the question of HOW does the Bible apply to us and our lives today?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,487.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Really Bible Colleges do not teach the basic rules of Bible interpretation that can be found on multiple web sites with a simple google search?

It all comes down to asking who was the Bible FIRST written for and how does the BIBLE apply to us today? What Bible College are you referring to that does NOT ask the question of HOW does the Bible apply to us and our lives today?

Bible colleges - or theological colleges - as I have experienced them, do indeed ask these questions; but their teaching doesn't tend to just present the sort of stuff one can get with a simple google search. Part of the problem, of course, is that google has no quality controls.

As has been mentioned above, women can not be Pastors according to God's word. Sounds like there is some very unsound teaching there. With love.

You might think that... but you would be incorrect. And having said that, I'm about to go and take my second service of the morning. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Reformed2
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bible colleges - or theological colleges - as I have experienced them, do indeed ask these questions; but their teaching doesn't tend to just present the sort of stuff one can get with a simple google search. Part of the problem, of course, is that google has no quality controls.
There is some variation in the rules of Bible interpretation that we find with a google search. The main point is that first we need to look at who the original audience is for the Bible, then we can look at how the Bible applies to us today. The question was raised about how Leviticus applies to us and our calling to the Priesthood today. I am not of the opinion that just because there is no temple we can disregard the book of Leviticus because Moses teachings very much applies to us today in regards to our holiness and sanctification.

1Peter2:9 you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

I took four teacher training classes at the Bible college and it was taught by the Dean of the College and she happens to be a women. We all learned a lot from her. In fact I know girls that have taken her class every time she offers it. Twice a year for the last 16 years and they are still learning how to teach. If there is a question on doctrine she refers the question to the president of the college. If you take the class six times then she will certify you as a sunday school superintendent where you can go and work anywhere in the country.

dean-jpg.196141

Attachments

• dean.jpg
    dean.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,487.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't exactly say that you can disregard Leviticus. But I would certainly say that being a modern pastor (minister/priest/member of the clergy) is not in any way the same thing as Levitical priesthood.

Start by looking at the question of how one comes to the role; in Leviticus it is a matter of genetics. In the church it is a matter of God's calling on that person's life, with no reference to genetics. And this in part because in Leviticus the priesthood are a group set apart; but as you've noted, in the church, we are all a royal priesthood, some of whom serve as leaders and teachers.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in the church, we are all a royal priesthood, some of whom serve as leaders and teachers.
Yes Leviticus applies more to the leaders and teachers.

James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

To some degree teachers have to lead by example. (Walk their talk)

Upvote 0