MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe one of the most important teachings of Scripture is the truth that Christians have no covenant with God, but are recipients of a covenant between the Father and the Son, which is the “Covenant of Redemption”; and its primary theme is Hebrews 13:20: “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, 21, Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever, Amen.”

“The Covenant of Redemption is the agreement made between the members of the Trinity in order to bring us salvation. We find allusions to it in several Biblical texts. Under this covenant, the Father plans redemption and sends the Son in order to save His people. The Son agrees to be sent and to do the work necessary to save the elect (John 10:17–18), and the Spirit agrees to apply the work of Christ to us by sealing us unto salvation (Eph 1:13–14). -R. C. Sproul

There is nowhere in Scripture that supports Christians having a covenant with God. When Jesus said "this is My Blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Mat 26:28), it in no way referred to a covenant with man, but with the Father. The covenant that believers have in Christ is the "Everlasting Covenant" (“Covenant of Redemption”), and there is no mention of man's involvement here.

This, for the most part, hasn’t been taught in the Churchs; and it’s my opinion that it will never become a common doctrine among Christians. Of course, this is not essential salvation doctrine, thus believing or disbelieving in it cannot affect one’s salvation, just one’s spiritual growth.

God bless, and God be blessed!

NetChaplain (Robert Hall)

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe one of the most important teachings of Scripture is the truth that Christians have no covenant with God, but are recipients of a covenant between the Father and the Son, which is the “Covenant of Redemption”; and its primary theme is Hebrews 13:20: “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, 21, Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever, Amen.”

“The Covenant of Redemption is the agreement made between the members of the Trinity in order to bring us salvation. We find allusions to it in several Biblical texts. Under this covenant, the Father plans redemption and sends the Son in order to save His people. The Son agrees to be sent and to do the work necessary to save the elect (John 10:17–18), and the Spirit agrees to apply the work of Christ to us by sealing us unto salvation (Eph 1:13–14). -R. C. Sproul

There is nowhere in Scripture that supports Christians having a covenant with God. When Jesus said "this is My Blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" (Mat 26:28), it in no way referred to a covenant with man, but with the Father. The covenant that believers have in Christ is the "Everlasting Covenant" (“Covenant of Redemption”), and there is no mention of man's involvement here.

This, for the most part, hasn’t been taught in the Churchs; and it’s my opinion that it will never become a common doctrine among Christians. Of course, this is not essential salvation doctrine, thus believing or disbelieving in it cannot affect one’s salvation, just one’s spiritual growth.

God bless, and God be blessed!

NetChaplain (Robert Hall)
I am a bit confused with your post. It was prophesied by Isaiah who "God" is.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

The "Son", Jesus Christ of Nazareth, is known by all these names and we have a "New Covenant" with Him. I am certain this is not debatable.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am a bit confused with your post. It was prophesied by Isaiah who "God" is.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

The "Son", Jesus Christ of Nazareth, is known by all these names and we have a "New Covenant" with Him. I am certain this is not debatable.

Blessings.
Hi, and appreciate your reply Sis! I don't believe this will ever be common knowledge among believers, but the present Covenant the Son has with the Father, of which Christians are recipients, is not clearly stipulated in Scripture, but there is much inference concerning it. One will not find any Scripture indicating the present Covenant in Christ's Blood is made with man. Presently God has no covenant with anyone, except with the Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, and appreciate your reply Sis! I don't believe this will ever be common knowledge among believers, but the present Covenant the Son has with the Father, of which Christians are recipients, is not clearly stipulated in Scripture, but there is much inference concerning it. One will not find any Scripture indicating the present Covenant in Christ's Blood is made with man. Presently God has no covenant with anyone, except with the Lord Jesus.
Thoughts?
Matthew 26:28
28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thoughts?
Matthew 26:28
28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
This is a declaration Christ made concerning His expiation for our sins, and it doesn't involve a covenant with Christians, but with the Father. It can be inferred that the Lord Jesus is One of the Covenanters, and the Father is the Other Covenanter; nowhere is it shown that man is one of the covenanters. Christians are the recipients of this Covenant!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Christians have no covenant with God
The covenant with God is if we do our part He will do His.

7 Promises of God
  • I will be with you.
  • I will protect you.
  • I will be your strength.
  • I will answer you.
  • I will provide for you.
  • I will give you peace.
  • I will always love you.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The covenant with God is if we do our part He will do His.

7 Promises of God
  • I will be with you.
  • I will protect you.
  • I will be your strength.
  • I will answer you.
  • I will provide for you.
  • I will give you peace.
  • I will always love you.
Yes, and all who are reborn will continue to "please" God, for He assures they will (Phl 2:13). Thanks for the reply!

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and all who are reborn will continue to "please" God, for He assures they will (Phl 2:13). Thanks for the reply!
When we are told: " I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God" we know that God wants to dwell with us. The first letter in the Bible sets the pace for the entire Bible. This is the letter B and the letter B represents a tent or a dwellng, Later we learn that this is really a Tabernacle. David had a heart for God and wanted to build the Temple. He did not realize that we are the Temple of God and God wants to dwell with us. Man was given dominion and authority so that God could work in us and though us to accomplish His plan and purpose.

Corinthians 3:16, Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When we are told: " I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God" we know that God wants to dwell with us. The first letter in the Bible sets the pace for the entire Bible. This is the letter B and the letter B represents a tent or a dwellng, Later we learn that this is really a Tabernacle. David had a heart for God and wanted to build the Temple. He did not realize that we are the Temple of God and God wants to dwell with us. Man was given dominion and authority so that God could work in us and though us to accomplish His plan and purpose.

Corinthians 3:16, Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
Appreciate you reply and God bless!

Upvote 0