Do you write in your Bible?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find those sites useful when I'm online. Do you also use a paper bible?

I grew up with paper bibles before the internet explosion, and I used to highlight and place tabs in one of my bibles, but now I just use the internet for my reading (Even though I have a good number of Bible translations on my book shelf). The only paper version type books I like to read are bible comic books or educational comics. I do not read fictional comics (not related to the Bible). I like things that are graphic focused. So the more eye popping something is, the better it is for me. That is why I like reading online. The words are easier to read and see and they are in a friendly graphic backdrop that is pleasing to my eye.

Upvote 0

Pomegranate

we are the people of his pasture
Apr 25, 2019
Southern
✟16,204.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I do not write anything other than my name in my Bible for the same reason I do not write in books, my style of notes doesn't fit into the borders of a page and I've always found highlighting/underlining/symbols makes it difficult for me to concentrate when I go back to re-read the same lines.

That said, I do love it when I find an old Bible in a charity shop which is full of notes, they provide fascinating snapshots of faith.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a Bible software program that allows you to take notes where you can adjust the font size, etc. I am thinking of downloading it (even though I prefer to take notes and write articles on the Bible in Google Documents, which is free).

Accordance Bible Software

It has other features that may make it worthwhile, and it would be nice to throw in a quick note on a Bible verse that I can later import or copy and paste into my Google docs. I do believe the Lite Version of this program is free. But there is also a paid version.

I am just not sure you can change the color of the backdrop. I like the Olive Tree app because I changed the color to be tan in color (similar to like that of a scroll).

I try not to bog my Mac down with downloading too many programs. But I may check it out and see if it is worthwhile.

Upvote 0

Tokitee

A prayer warrior in the Catholic Church.
Oct 12, 2018
Oregon
✟12,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do write notes in my Bible. Sometimes, they are from church too.

The margins are lined, so I can write notes if I like. I think it's called a journal Bible. They are pretty nice, I think!

Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you write in, highlight, or mark your Bible? If so, how has it been helpful?

Do you use a certain color coding system?

Do you have a sample page you would like to show us?
No i write my notes in a notebook because if I wrote in the Bible when i did my next pass through where would i
write

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not write anything other than my name in my Bible for the same reason I do not write in books, my style of notes doesn't fit into the borders of a page and I've always found highlighting/underlining/symbols makes it difficult for me to concentrate when I go back to re-read the same lines.

That said, I do love it when I find an old Bible in a charity shop which is full of notes, they provide fascinating snapshots of faith.
That makes me think how awesome it would be to find a departed loved one’s old bible with notes. You could almost chronicle their walk with Christ with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums