Do you think women are more religious or spiritual than men?

Do you think women are more religious or spiritual than men?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Women outnumber the men in daily Mass by a whole bunch. do a head count.

While that's true in my expirience with Daily Masses - I think it tends to be because daily Mass is social time for eighty-something year old singles, and there are more single eighty-something females than males. Also, younger men don't tend to go to daily Mass as often as younger women do, because they're more likely to, you know, have jobs and stuff. There are far more SAHMs than SAHDs out there.

I spiced it up a bit.

It's like we share a brain...

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I voted yes.

You want generalities and not exceptions. Well, I think there is near-unanimity that the female nature is characterised by intuitiveness, emotions, and unconditional love; the male nature is characterized by rationality, logic, and objective judgement. Although every human being is a mix of both these natures, obviously the female nature predominates in most women, and the male nature in men. Now which of these two natures is spirituality and religiousness more naturally associated with? The answer seems quite obvious to me.

And empirical evidence supports it. Look at church attendance - especially adjusting for the fact that many women stay home because they have to cook Sunday dinner, or cannot find anyone to look after the baby.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Although I have known many deeply spiritual men, it has been my experience that women are usually much more religious than men.

And, as one other poster noted, I think it is a matter of openness. Prayer is communication with God, and women are generally more open in communicating on a deeper, more intimate level.

I think that part of this is due to nurturing and cultural expectations, and I think that, with former cultural taboos about men showing their emotions falling, men will feel more comfortable with their spiritual sides.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Woman are just more emotional and people mix up being emotional touch feely with spirituality. I guess cause they don't see a difference.

I'm not mixed up and I can clearly see that women tend to be more religious than men. One can be both religious or spiritual and still logical, intellectual, etc. If you look at the female saints and doctors of the Church, you'll notice these women were gifted with mega-brains. They managed to keep their emotions in check in order to more fully expound on Christian truth. I salute them all!:clap:

BTW, I've always said that I feel like a woman and I think like a man. I guess that makes me a hybrid!:D

Upvote 0

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟17,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that women are more religious or spiritual than men, but rather they show that side of themselves more readily. Being "religious" or "spiritual" is more of a "feeling" thing to me, and women tend to be more open about their feelings. I think one of the reasons could be due to being mothers (or preparing to be mothers). Mothers have so much power in passing on their faith to their children, maybe it's just a special gift God gives women???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephenc

Euphemystic
Nov 19, 2006
✟21,782.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't think so. I think women (obviously) are more active in religious work and communities and organizing and so on, and I think that's really great. And I think guys are like shy about being Christian, but that's 'cos we're perhaps more worried about how the world labels us.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe it's because women are weak and need a crutch?
:kiss:

No, I don't think so. I think women (obviously) are more active in religious work and communities and organizing and so on, and I think that's really great. And I think guys are like shy about being Christian, but that's 'cos we're perhaps more worried about how the world labels us.
I think women are a bunch of gossiping busybodies and they cloak it in holiness that's what I think. See men, they do how Jesus instructed and don't make a production with their fastings and such. So that's why they don't SEEM as spiritual. Women are just prideful and want to be the boss of everything.

Upvote 0

BabyLutheran

God Chose Me
Dec 3, 2005
Virginia Beach
✟10,238.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:kiss:

I think women are a bunch of gossiping busybodies and they cloak it in holiness that's what I think. See men, they do how Jesus instructed and don't make a production with their fastings and such. So that's why they don't SEEM as spiritual. Women are just prideful and want to be the boss of everything.
Are you married...lol! A woman who tells the truth hahahaha

Upvote 0

stephenc

Euphemystic
Nov 19, 2006
✟21,782.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You totally flummox me, and even make me use words like "flummox". See, I think that's spiritual.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.