• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Do you think there is benefit?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Goodhuman, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+95
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    My priest prayed over me so many times physically and from distance, do you think there is benefit?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+13,928
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    yes.

3. Franki(ncense)

Franki(ncense) Relax! Oluwa's running the show...

+721
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    There should be. While you're at it though, don't stop praying for yourself too.

4. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+3,710
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God and our Saviour' I Tim 2:1-3

5. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+95
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    There is prayers in the priest's prayer book only for the person he prays for. The other prayers are said in the liturgy.

6. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+95
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    When the priest is praying over you, you must bow down your head and not think for nothing. But you must think for something once and what about you thinking in this moment will become true my priest said.

7. ArmyMatt

+13,928
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    no, that makes it magic. it will come true if God wills it to come true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+1,105
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    yes

9. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+95
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    He said it is written in the priest's prayer book what you think of in the time of the prayer will become true.

10. ArmyMatt

+13,928
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    that doesn't make it right. plus, none of my prayer books have that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Goodhuman

Goodhuman Active Member

+95
    Croatia
    Christian
    Single
    He also said that for the prayer to work the human must have faith also the priest.

It is written:

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

12. ArmyMatt

+13,928
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    that still makes it magic and incorrect.