Do you think that homosexuality is a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savedandhappy1

Senior Veteran
Oct 27, 2006
Kansas
✟18,944.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In response to post #728

I'm not sure I understand your questions. Maybe I didn't state my question clearly enough.

Let me re-word it:

Some say that homosexuality is a sin. However, homosexual behavior has taken place among animals, which, as we all know, don't have a sin nature and therefore cannot sin. If animals cannot sin, and homosexuality takes place among them, can homosexuality, in and of itself, be a sin?

Let me re-word my question, sorry it wasn't clear.

How can we compare something that doesn't know the difference between right and wrong with someone who does?

Are you saying that since animals don't have a soul, and so aren't held to the standards that humans are but yet do things that humans do that makes it not be a sin?:scratch:

Animals kill other animals, even their young at times, does that make murder not a sin, because they can't sin? :confused:

I hope I have understood your question, and I hope that my response is clearer. If not please let me know and I will do my best to word it better. Thanks.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let me re-word my question, sorry it wasn't clear.

How can we compare something that doesn't know the difference between right and wrong with someone who does?

Are you saying that since animals don't have a soul, and so aren't held to the standards that humans are but yet do things that humans do that makes it not be a sin?:scratch:

Animals kill other animals, even their young at times, does that make murder not a sin, because they can't sin? :confused:

I hope I have understood your question, and I hope that my response is clearer. If not please let me know and I will do my best to word it better. Thanks.
"right" and "wrong" do not exist in a vacuum, they are always dependant on context.

Nothing is INHERENTLY wrong, anymore than anything is INHERENTLY right... pretending that such conceptual ideas have some sort of independant existance does nothing but confuse the issue.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God never said anything of the sort. You're just making stuff up now!

It has been posted over and over on many pages here in CF just what God says about homosexuality. You don't read it? If you do, you deny it?

Some people just refuse what is in front of their noses. Heaven help you...

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here's a thought experiment for you - imagine you wake up tomorrow and you're in a world identical in every regard except that only homosexuals can conceive children and the bible forbids heterosexuality. You still feel attracted to the opposite sex so what do you do? Deny your own nature to fit in with what you believe to be God's message? Or decide that feeling the love you do cannot be wrong?

I would obey the commands of my Maker, if I loved Him and had a relationship with Him, and wanted to remain in good standing with Him.

He, in turn, because He knows my heart, would heal me of my sinful desires.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It has been posted over and over on many pages here in CF just what God says about homosexuality. You don't read it? If you do, you deny it?

Some people just refuse what is in front of their noses. Heaven help you...
God never mentions homosexuality. Prove me wrong if you can, but I bet you can't.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would obey the commands of my Maker, if I loved Him and had a relationship with Him, and wanted to remain in good standing with Him.

He, in turn, because He knows my heart, would heal me of my sinful desires.
If this is the case, why does God make homosexuals in the first place?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God never mentions homosexuality. Prove me wrong if you can, but I bet you can't.

I can, but it has been done over and over...and you don't really WANT to know, do you? I will allow others to reveal the word to you. I imagine you don't own a bible...so Google Biblegateway. Find it for yourself.

Have fun! :tutu:

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I can, but it has been done over and over...and you don't really WANT to know, do you? I will allow others to reveal the word to you. I imagine you don't own a bible...so Google Biblegateway. Find it for yourself.

Have fun! :tutu:
But FloatingAxe..you KNOW that all the Bible translators are ill-informed and translated all the Bible's wrong because none of the verses with homosexuality in english have anything to do with it in the original languages..:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
God doesn't make homosexuals. They make themselves.
I was going to say that!! But then I figured someone would try to get smart with me and say "they created themselves, but I thought god created every1!!1!" so I decided not to.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But FloatingAxe..you KNOW that all the Bible translators are ill-informed and translated all the Bible's wrong because none of the verses with homosexuality in english have anything to do with it in the original languages..:p

Yeah! I forgot that God, who spoke all things into existence is inept as the guardian of His own words! Silly me.
doh.jpg

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was going to say that!! But then I figured someone would try to get smart with me and say "they created themselves, but I thought god created every1!!1!" so I decided not to.

Hehe...

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
God doesn't make homosexuals. They make themselves.
What do you mean? People just wake up one day and say to themselves "hey, I think I'll be homosexual from now on"?

The genetics studies that suggest a strong genetic component contributing to homosexuality are wrong? Or what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
J

jay3090

The genetics studies that suggest a strong genetic component contributing to homosexuality are wrong? Or what?

According to Floatingaxe all "genetics" and scientific studies are "lies and propaganda". Anything that revolves upon reality and scientific fact is a lie. (read up and see her earlier posts) She is so brainwashed its not even funny. It's a lost cause.

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Using the word "homosexual" in the Bible, when there isn't any viable translation of the word in Hebrew OR Greek is a serious breaking of Biblical Exegesis.

Btw, why don't you save your argument for the translators, who have proven without a doubt they can't get the translations straight? Big difference between translating arsenokoitai as homosexual and masturbators (the universally).

http://www.religioustolerance.org/homarsen.htm

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean? People just wake up one day and say to themselves "hey, I think I'll be homosexual from now on"?

No conclusive evidence has been produced to indicate a "gene" of which you speak. And even if there were..still doesn't make it right! We all have sinful desires that come natural to us..but Christ is stronger than all of them!! :thumbsup:

:amen:

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Isn't what God says enough? He says it is an abomination to Him. He says it is detestable to Him. He says it keeps people out of His Kingdom in Christ.

It is foolish to challenge God in this way. It's dreadful alright.
Then God said it was also detestable to wear clothing of mixed fabrics, shave, eat shellfish, plow the field with mixed seed, etc. If you don't feel at liberty to uphold all these silly Leviticus laws, then who gives you or anyone else the right to cherry pick it?

Btw, God never said that homosexuality would keep you from entering the kingdom. Again, I post the evidence, of a proven FALSE translation in 1 Cor. 6:9, since the word is unknown:

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Using the word "homosexual" in the Bible, when there isn't any viable translation of the word in Hebrew OR Greek is a serious breaking of Biblical Exegesis.

Btw, why don't you save your argument for the translators, who have proven without a doubt they can't get the translations straight? Big difference between translating arsenokoitai as homosexual and masturbators (the universally).

Hmm..a link to RELIGIOUSTOLERANCE.org..I wonder if their information will be biased..:doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.