Do you think that animals can go heaven?If not,why?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Animals are blessed by being innocent, having no idea of evil or good.

I, for one, would be delighted to see my old friends again in heaven. I don't know if they will be, but I do hope so.

I have an old dog, going on 16 years or so; she's a rescue, and I don't know for sure. She's slowing down, and I know she'll be leaving soon. After that much time, one develops a very strong friendship with a dog. We can hope.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always wonder if animals can or not go to heaven.As a person who loves animals,I wish it's possible.
In Genesis One God created the souls for animals, and then the souls for man. Both were created 'bara' - out from nothing.

Man's soul was created differently than animal souls. How? Man's soul was created in God's image. The animal souls were generic souls to perform a function.

If we are to see the animals we know in heaven? Then all dinosaurs of previous creations would be in heaven too.

But, it appears there will be a heavenly version of animals. A much higher creation. After all, we read about the four horsemen from heaven. As far as I can tell, those horses were not from earth.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are no "generic souls." Everyone is created by God and although ours are different than those of other animals, those animals experience love, and fear, and anger, just as we do. They deserve respect and care, because God made them that way.

Not as humans, but as other children of God. I don't know if they are immortal or not. But a peaceable kingdom in heaven that included dinosaurs would be a wonderful thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gordon Clark (taught philosophy at Butler University in Indianapolis) said: In one way this is reminiscent of Genesis 2:7. As God breathed into Adam’s nostrils the breath or spirit of life, so too God sent forth his spirit into the animals.

Some people are afraid to say that animals have souls. They not only have souls, they are souls. Some people are afraid to say that animals have spirit. But Genesis 6:17 and 7:15, and Psalm 104:29, as well as Ecclesiastes 3:21 ascribe spirit to animals. Animals are souls. They are not just clay.

Jesus only came to save man. The animals are for eating.

John 21
13 Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and He did the same with the fish. 14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to the disciples after He was raised from the dead.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would be so bad about having dinosaurs in heaven?
They would have be baptized and like the insects, too big a hassle.

557b44fa6da811e74e0b74dd-1136-568.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Scripture speaks of God's healing and renewal of creation. Our hope isn't "going to heaven", which is really just the intermediate state of rest between death and resurrection; rather our hope is the resurrection of the body, life in the Age to Come, the new heavens and new earth where all things have been restored.

When talking about the Age to Come, Scripture does mention animals. We read in Isaiah that the wolf shall lie down with the lamb, and that the lion shall eat straw like an ox.

So, does animal life exist in the Age to Come? The answer is yes, since this is the renewal and restoration of all creation.

What we don't know is if individual animals, such as our pets, will have a place in the Age to Come. We don't know, and can't know, but I am hopeful.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus only came to save man. The animals are for eating.

John 21
13 Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and He did the same with the fish. 14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to the disciples after He was raised from the dead.
They didn't eat animals until after the flood.....

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They didn't eat animals until after the flood.....

Me thinks God knew ahead of time about man eating animals and the Flood.
And Jesus feeding fish to the crowds.
And everything you will do tomorrow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My dogs love me, but dog and cats are eaten in much of asia.
Yes, I know that, but don’t you try to eat my cats. And yes, I hope my kitties will be with me in heaven.

Upvote 0

Dennis12

Mar 22, 2013
✟19,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always wonder if animals can or not go to heaven.As a person who loves animals,I wish it's possible.
From Rev 22:2 we know that there are trees in heaven - so I would think it was safe to say there are animals there too. All life is precious:

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that animals go to heaven because of our love for them. All of creation is redeemed through us.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But what about the mosquito, or the great white pointer, or a viper, or a stone fish? What about the animals we eat, and therefore (in one sense) are involved in their death, even if only as consumers?
Did you ever read "Hinds feet on High Places"? Hannah Smith address the issues of why bee's sting people. John Wesley deal with the issue of food by saying that the essence of an animal passes right through you. It is the energy contained in them that we can use for our own personal source of energy. So even if someone is eaten by a shark they will still rise up at the resurrection. We are mostly energy anyways, there is very little actual physical matter in us. Maybe a teaspoon. The entire universe started out smaller then a mustard seed.

Upvote 0