• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Do you struggle with this too? Help please

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi? Do you also have trouble being to careful in your thinking, getting obsessive thoughts? When I read about the unforfiveable sin, I kept getting the urge to keep thinking "Jesus made his miracles through the holy spirit" all the time and stuff like that, and it exhausted me.

Also, do you think you've ever had thoughts that you think have insulted the holy spirit?

Today I got really depressed because in my foolishness, I thought "My mum's tongue speaking is demonic", but I knew it's not true but yet I got really depressed and anxious for a time because I thought Jesus wouldn't ever forgive me for this, I cried out for him and I was so confused and I was a total wreck and more depressed than ever.

Last sunday when I got baptised in my spirit, I was also really confused with the tongues, I couldn't remember the words I got and then I got new and I think I got 2 sentences/different tongues and I don't know if I am to put them together or if I should use both and so.

That day, I got attacked too, the evil one wanted to take the amazing hapiness I had that day. He gave me a popup thought that He gave me the tongu gift. And I got crushed by that and wasn't sure if I thought that or if it was an involuntary thought and so, and thought Jesus would doom me either way

But my mum helped my out and explained. I know Jesus understands me that I don't mean those thoughts, I love him with all my heart and I'm thankful for having the tongues gift and been spirit baptised.

So, can you also trouble with the battlefield in the mind?
Thankful for answers.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Learning/reading/memorizing Scripture really helps with that.

Jesus said,
"... But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:25-27

Upvote 0

boldlion

Feb 19, 2010
✟7,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I too have trouble with OCD thoughts and ask God to forgive me. I have been taking a supplement from Now foods, 200mg of 5-htp with glycine, taurine & Inositol. Bought it from iherb Now Foods, 5-HTP, 200 mg, 60 Vcaps - iHerb.com. I find it helps.

Also, for me, most of these intrusive thoughts come about, when my mind is racing. So, sometimes when my mind becomes over-active, I try to slow my thinking down. I find this helps.

Also, speaking in tongues helps, particularly if you don't seem to feel that God has forgiven you.

Also, God understands that we all think differently. Some of us are more susceptible to this condition than others.

You have my sympathy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan95

Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Sweden
✟19,477.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Learning/reading/memorizing Scripture really helps with that.

Jesus said,
"... But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:25-27

I too have trouble with OCD thoughts and ask God to forgive me. I have been taking a supplement from Now foods, 200mg of 5-htp with glycine, taurine & Inositol. Bought it from iherb

Also, for me, most of these intrusive thoughts come about, when my mind is racing. So, sometimes when my mind becomes over-active, I try to slow my thinking down. I find this helps.

Also, speaking in tongues helps, particularly if you don't seem to feel that God has forgiven you.

Also, God understands that we all think differently. Some of us are more susceptible to this condition than others.

You have my sympathy.

Ok, I was just confused and I was a wreck over these thoughts, I thought I had done the unpardonable sin.

But I think I understand now, I'll try to not get sad/depressed over such thoughts anymore because I know he looks to my heart, and that I don't mean those thoughts that come up. Either the evil one giving me them or obsessive thoughts or so.

Is OCD included in Aspergers?

Upvote 0

boldlion

Feb 19, 2010
✟7,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Ok, I was just confused and I was a wreck over these thoughts, I thought I had done the unpardonable sin.

But I think I understand now, I'll try to not get sad/depressed over such thoughts anymore because I know he looks to my heart, and that I don't mean those thoughts that come up. Either the evil one giving me them or obsessive thoughts or so.

I don't know, but keep on speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues will edify you (build you up).

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They have similarities and some say they might be related. For myself and other Aspies I have met, we can get OC when we are in a project or with particular subjects, but once the project has closure OR if it isn't a subject we take any interest in, we are not so OC.

Upvote 0

joris

Jan 11, 2008
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, about your speaking in tongues: it's great you got a different words/sentences,
don't stress about it if it's different - or if it's the same now and then.
After all this isn't speaking from your mind but really led by God (by the Holy Spirit).
Just allow it to go as it goes, it can't be wrong if it's just you letting the 'words'/'tongues' come out that come up.

(I don't have so much experience with tongues speaking... I had a few 'words' just come up like that; but now if I join in as others are speaking in tongues I repeat those, not having new words come up :-/ )

About 'blasphemous thoughts' - the very fact that you cried out to God shows it wasn't your willing to be, 'blasphemous'. It is possible that such thoughts are 'planted' by the enemy - then it is up to us whether we agree with them or whether we reject them. Think of 2Cor10:3-5 there.
If someone is sinning against Holy Spirit, the way Jesus meant, that person sure wouldn't dream of crying out to Jesus (instead he'd mock/ridicule the very idea of doing so). It's clear you aren't like that at all.

Upvote 0

jackmt

Dec 10, 2011
Missoula Montana
✟16,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Is OCD included in Aspergers?[/quote]
This is a trustworthy statement: If you fear you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, you haven't. If you had, you would not care that you had.
And yes, OCD is a frequent comorbidity with Asperger's. But Aspies obsessions tend to be functional. Obsessively folding clothes a certain way accomplishes neat clothes. Obsessively avoiding cracks in the sidewalk accomplishes nothing worthwhile.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Some worries about things like the unforgivable sin are common among Christians in general, but the type of concerns that you've expressed sound like you could have obsessive compulsive disorder. OCD is an anxiety condition which causes sufferers to obsess over what are called "intrusive thoughts". Intrusive thoughts are unwanted thoughts which are not desired or controlled by the sufferer. They're common among virtually everyone, but individuals with OCD tend to be concerned about them, whereas other individuals can generally understand their unwanted nature. Concern only worsens them, as does trying to push them away. Intrusive thoughts are not sinful and cannot be controlled in any way, shape, or form.

OCD can be co-morbid with Asperger's, and is not distinct from regular OCD in any way that I know of. OCD symptoms are usually unusual and are always irrational, including in your case. Again, I will re-iterate, your obsessive thoughts are not sinful in any way.

If your symptoms interfere with your daily life, you might consider seeking counseling. This can be helpful, and can help you to learn to cope with your symptoms.

I wish you the best in dealing with this, and I hope that you understand that there are others going through the same thing who understand what you're going through in this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums