ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
well..I undertsand,yes that is the best standard,however,sometimes we must confron things.:)

Again,just to clarify,I am not saying we all have to be contentious,but clearly there are times to do both.Merry to you too!

Not saying we should not confront, but the point is when and how you do it.

1 John: John tells us to test the spirits amongst other things, so I guess we can all be contentious, I'll leave that point open.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If they're your friends then talk to them after the service about it .

if isolated in the congregation it is simple in that case . just say . i choose not to . and say why and where it is in the bible . if people are going to get caught up in that stuff it is inevitable . let them get it out of their system .

i recall that i stopped visiting some places because it was too money centred . and many other things were outside appearance centred too . so since i'm more on the opposite side of that spectrum in that Jesus is the Centre and the inside of the cup is to be cleaned first . i just stopped showing up .. you know .. they seemed to be enjoying themselves .. and though your friends may listen to you . they do as they please . they're human beings . so though it tugs on the heart sometimes you just gotta remove yourself from inappropriate environments . the first sign i know i gotta leave is the development of a critical spirit . i have no time for that kind of turmoil . but if it isn't affecting my relationship with Jesus in an adverse way . perhaps there is a reason for me being there?

Well.I will tell you this.If you have been in a church awhile,and you love your family there,you might just be suprised of your actions,if over a few months time,you saw people you love,get into strange things.I hope you would fight,like Paul told tim,and titus,to gurad their doctrine.Passivity won't always cut it.God bless.

By the way,as far as Galatians goes,Paul stated he had a tone,in chapter 4,and in Corinthians,he said what he was in his letters,he was in person too.

Never be afraid of tone.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I find this question to be an easy one for me to answer. As I said in my last post the people in my church believe in partial preterism, basically meaning they don't believe in the end times. I however do, I believe we're in the end times and I believe in the rapture of the church, I believe that partial preterism is a false doctrine. However, end times theology is not one of my priority theologies, except of late I've been getting interested in it again. The church doesn't make their partial preterism a priority either so we co-exist together rather nicely.

However, if that wasn't the case, if their partial preterism was a major part of who they are and teach and if end times was more imprtant to me I would simply leave the church and find a new one. What they believe is not my responsiblity so why should I feel guilty?

Also, if your pastor is unapproachable, or refuses to respect your disagreements and willing to listen to you, then find another church. If you're out in the country and there aren't many churches to chose from then simply don't go to church if it means that much to you. If there are people in the church you really care about you can always keep in touch with them outside the walls of the church.
What I mean is this.Rapture stuff,does not put people into spiritual pain,like OT laws can.

I would want to stay with my bros.

Why let the false doctrine spread,and why leave if it is not the prevailing thought,but if it is in it's infancy state,why not have at it?

Guard you doctirne Timothy,(nephilimiyr)be ready in season and out of season,devote yourselves to the public reading of scripture.

Just sayin...:)

If in the office,there was a wastepaper basket fire,just hit it with the extinguisher,if it spreads,yell fire.^_^

lol..Merry Christmas guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Not saying we should not confront, but the point is when and how you do it.

1 John: John tells us to test the spirits amongst other things, so I guess we can all be contentious, I'll leave that point open.

:cool:

Amen,both sides of the thread are making good points.:)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well.I will tell you this.If you have been in a church awhile,and you love your family there,you might just be suprised of your actions,if over a few months time,you saw people you love,get into strange things.I hope you would fight,like Paul told tim,and titus,to gurad their doctrine.Passivity won't always cut it.God bless.

By the way,as far as Galatians goes,Paul stated he had a tone,in chapter 4,and in Corinthians,he said what he was in his letters,he was in person too.

Never be afraid of tone.
I fought with my cousin over such things in the past and am very direct in conversations about His grace over the law still but the conversation is much more civil . but what i am saying . people go into that mindset for a reason that they keep to themselves . quite often it has to do with their sense of importance . if it is not firmly rooted in Christ . then the law sneaks in through social/isolation circumstances .

i did fight , but looking back i found better results with a "restore gently" approach i know what you mean . strict tone won't always cut it either . so discernment is required . totally agree .

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I fought with my cousin over such things in the past and am very direct in conversations about His grace over the law still but the conversation is much more civil . but what i am saying . people go into that mindset for a reason that they keep to themselves . quite often it has to do with their sense of importance . if it is not firmly rooted in Christ . then the law sneaks in through social/isolation circumstances .

i did fight , but looking back i found better results with a "restore gently" approach i know what you mean . strict tone won't always cut it either . so discernment is required . totally agree .

Amen,there are always variables in each scenario for sure.Thanks.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What I mean is this.Rapture stuff,does not put people into spiritual pain,like OT laws can.

I would want to stay with my bros.

Why let the false doctrine spread,and why leave if it is not the prevailing thought,but if it is in it's infancy state,why not have at it?

Guard you doctirne Timothy,(nephilimiyr)be ready in season and out of season,devote yourselves to the public reading of scripture.

Just sayin...:)

If in the office,there was a wastepaper basket fire,just hit it with the extinguisher,if it spreads,yell fire.^_^

lol..Merry Christmas guy.

And what I'm saying is this, I never would be in a church that teaches OT laws and how we have to obey them, that our obedience to them gains us salvation.

Now if my pastor next Sunday all of a sudden says, forget everything I have told you over all these years because I just found out that to obey OT law is tantamount to being saved I gaurantee you that everyone in the congregation would have something to say about it right then and there. it wouldn't be just me but everyone, including his wife.

As for you're anology, I would never have been working in that office to begin with to notice the fire. ;) And again, you can stay with your bros outside the church walls, you don't have to be inside.

I think I'm the wrong person to be answering your questions.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And what I'm saying is this, I never would be in a church that teaches OT laws and how we have to obey them, that our obedience to them gains us salvation.

Now if my pastor next Sunday all of a sudden says, forget everything I have told you over all these years because I just found out that to obey OT law is tantamount to being saved I gaurantee you that everyone in the congregation would have something to say about it right then and there. it wouldn't be just me but everyone, including his wife.

As for you're anology, I would never have been working in that office to begin with to notice the fire. ;) And again, you can stay with your bros outside the church walls, you don't have to be inside.

You made some good points too.

Do you sing?:blush:

Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

That's an interesting scenario, nephilimiyr, I ask this:'If in that scenario the pastor threw away his teachings, should the congregants throw away order? (for the sake of... IDK the non-believers in the crowd or themselves?) How can that be handled?'

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't have to be a member of the church and publically confront the pastor of the church during a service in order to protect your bros from harmful doctrine or theology. I say you can do so outside the church walls. If these bros of yours are truely bros then it's not too much to assume that church isn't the only place that you meet. You can talk about your misgivings of what the pastor is teaching them then and there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to be a member of the church and publically confront the pastor of the church during a service in order to protect your bros from harmful doctrine or theology. I say you can do so outside the church walls. If these bros of yours are truely bros then it's not too much to assume that church isn't the only place that you meet. You can talk about your misgivings of what the pastor is teaching them then and there.

Just to add something, we are all bros, in Christ, thus ^.
Good post.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's an interesting scenario, nephilimiyr, I ask this:'If in that scenario the pastor threw away his teachings, should the congregants throw away order? (for the sake of... IDK the non-believers in the crowd or themselves?) How can that be handled?'

If he did so suddenly like that, yes, most definately. If he's going to pull a 180 on the congregation like that so abruptly I would see it as my duty to say something about it and seriously question the reasoning behind it. Now of course not in anger but with deep concern and trepedation. I would give him the oportunity to explain himself of course, I'm not sure why it is what I said makes you think that order would've been lost?

Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If he did so suddenly like that, yes, most definately. If he's going to pull a 180 on the congregation like that so abruptly I would see it as my duty to say something about it and seriously question the reasoning behind it. Now of course not in anger but with deep concern and trepedation. I would give him the oportunity to explain himself of course, I'm not sure why it is what I said makes you think that order would've been lost?

I agree with your statement.

And no, I sorta knew order wouldn't be be lost, but felt like asking so I may further see your point. God Bless bro.:)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Well,yea..but usually false teachings are introduced slowly.Like the leader might say.."recently I have come to see that acertain rule,is good for me".Then he might say.."just for me,mind you".Next week he starts talking more about it,in a "just for me mode"..but sooner or later,he is trying to impose it,incrementally,covertly,but still teaching it.After all,if it is good for the pastor,it is good for the impressionable listeners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just to add something, we are all bros, in Christ, thus ^.
Good post.:thumbsup:
Yes, and sisters too, but the way I understood the way Frogster was using it was with the meaning of dear friends. Otherwise, if not, and he was meaning it as simply regular brothers and sisters in Christ then I have a major problem with this.

The one thing I detest the most, especially here in this forum is when everyone believes themselves to be shepperds over all of us here. They don't believe they are sheep like the rest. There's simply too many shepperds and not enough sheep.

If you are not a dear friend or family of mine please don't make yourselve a self appointed shepperd over me. You are not responsible for me, I am responsible for myself.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Thats a good point too.

Upvote 0

ComingWitDaBig3

Jus Coming In!!
May 10, 2009
✟7,717.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well,yea..but usually false teachings are introduced slowly.Like the leader might say.."recently I have come to see that acertain rule,is good for me".Then he might say.."just for me,mind you".Next week he starts talking more about it,in a "just for me mode"..but sooner or later,he is trying to impose it,incrementally,covertly,but still teaching it.After all,if it is good for the pastor,it is good for the impressionable listeners.

Both "speed's" are available. It's how it's handled by the listener that matters to God.

Upvote 0