Do you personally believe masturbation is a sin?

Do you personally believe masturbation is a sinful act?

• Yes, I do.

• No, I don't.

• I don't know/other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think that's implicit in 1 Corinthians 7, which is completely about sexual pleasure with no reference to procreation.

It must be implied in a very, very subtle way because I see no relationship between 1 Corinthians 7 and masturbation.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It must be implied in a very, very subtle way because I see no relationship between 1 Corinthians 7 and masturbation.

No, it does not explicitly say, "touch each other." However, it's all about sexual for the sake of pleasure with no reference to procreation, and in that way it implies that sexual pleasure without intent to procreate is okay.

Let's not forget, too, that there is probably nothing being done in the bedroom today that the Corinthians weren't doing...I think Paul stated all the prohibitions to bedroom activity that he intended to state.

Upvote 0

Crypto

Apr 4, 2013
✟1,032.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No, it does not explicitly say, "touch each other." However, it's all about sexual for the sake of pleasure with no reference to procreation, and in that way it implies that sexual pleasure without intent to procreate is okay.

Let's not forget, too, that there is probably nothing being done in the bedroom today that the Corinthians weren't doing...I think Paul stated all the prohibitions to bedroom activity that he intended to state.

Oh, yes, I agree with you 100%, marital sex is good and there's nothing wrong in any marital sexual activity. I understood you wrong at the beginning.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I don't know about that. Did they have vibrators back then? Especially cheap easy to use ones?

BUT if we are talking of things not involving toys I'm going to bet there was on average more going on back then. We have come to depend far to much on machines for all things.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about that. Did they have vibrators back then? Especially cheap easy to use ones?

BUT if we are talking of things not involving toys I'm going to bet there was on average more going on back then. We have come to depend far to much on machines for all things.

They were a very inventive people. We know they used toys. I'm not sure that hand-powered rotating or articulated device option might not have been devised....

Upvote 0