• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Do you like to play computer games with your friends?

Discussion in 'Gamers Zone' started by Jangja, Sep 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jangja

Jangja New Member

+10
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Libertarian
    I'm interested in the ratio of people who play themselves and play with friends. I like to play online games with friends. But most of all I love to get together with friends and have fun playing games.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tempura

Tempura Noob Supporter

+1,807
    Finland
    Lutheran
    Single
    Best and most immersive games have always been single-player experiences for me. But I do play with friends here and there. It's not so much about the game then, but like you said, more about something you're sharing with other people in a (hopefully) relaxed and fun environment. Of course competitive games can be another thing, but I don't bother too much with that stuff, I don't want to take it too seriously. Now someone might say "scrub", and they would be right. I suck!

3. devin553344

devin553344 I believe in the Resurrection

+2,182
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I used to play online "Farcry" and it was a blast. Also I played some "WOW". But I can't really get into games anymore, just a little.

4. mothcorrupteth

mothcorrupteth Old Whig Monarchist, Classically Realpolitik

+434
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I did when I was still in college; these days, PC gaming is such an expensive hobby and consoles aren't really designed around couch co-op anymore. I'm trying to coax my board game group into diverting some of our meet time to exploring my hacked Wii, which has every single GameCube and Wii game stored as ISOs on an external hard drive, plus SNES and Genesis emulators. Would really love it if I still had people to play Empire Earth and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds with, though. And especially old-school Call of Duty, before the franchise was ruined by console gamers.

5. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+3,697
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    I prefer to play single-player, though I will get in the mood for an MMO once in a while. Other players tend to ruin the immersiveness of practically everything in a game.

6. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 "Only Me!" Supporter

+3,660
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I'm not a "gamer" as such, but I do like to immerse myself in the odd game now and again, mostly single player ones. I use Fedora Workstation which runs Steam - an online portal to lots of fantastic games. My favourites are simulations.

7. Christ is Lord

Christ is Lord Well-Known Member

+347
    Virgin Islands, British
    Christian
    Single
    In tend to like Grand Strategy games and I play a fair bit of NBA2K. However, I don’t have enough friends to play those with.

8. FrederickBraun

FrederickBraun New Member

+1
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    AU-Liberals
    I love to play with friends. I also love online games like pubg and fortnite. But unfortunately my friends do not like these games and so I had to use fortnite team finder. So I found a team and new friends. We go to fortnite from time to time and take the top-1!

9. kittysbecute

kittysbecute Pokémon Master

+3,052
    United States
    Protestant
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I regularly play computer games with family. I really enjoy playing them with family and friends. I play games by myself a lot too. I’ve made single player games into “multiplayer” games in some ways too.
    And multiplayer games can be played alone as well... but some games I only play if i’m playing with others.
    Sometimes the game is really designed around the multiplayer aspect so it’s more fun that way.
    I like planning board and card game “parties” with family and friends. Those games definitely can’t be played alone. :D
    But i’ve always played solitaire games since my grandma taught me how to play Solitaire as a kid. I think I play puzzle type games the most on my own.

10. xBladesx

xBladesx Regular Member

+71
    Non-Denom
    I use too but don't have a lot of time lately. Pop into League of Legends now and then

11. gerbilwoman

gerbilwoman Gerbil Queen Supporter

+7,027
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Sometimes I play games alone and sometimes I play with friends.