USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is when you see someone you like as the best person in the world and try to have a relationship with that individual.

I have tried avoiding doing that but it is difficult to avoid with this woman:
1415655825-twilight.gif

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is when you see someone you like as the best person in the world and try to have a relationship with that individual.

Beauty is vain (empty).

Turn away from even looking.

Instead turn to Yahuweh, to what is right, pure, and wise as He Says.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Is "Noneitis" a word? I think I have that. Every time I see a beautiful woman I think, "She'll make me just as miserable as the last one."
She could write a song about you ;)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is "Noneitis" a word? I think I have that. Every time I see a beautiful woman I think, "She'll make me just as miserable as the last one."
There shouldn't be a last one, or rather , the last one should be the last one, no more to sin with another one.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Job 31:1 "I have made a covenant with my eyes ... - Bible Hub
Job 31:1 "I have made a covenant with my eyes. How then could I gaze with desire at a virgin?
Verse 1. - I made a covenant with mine eyes; rather, for mine eyes. The covenant must have been with himself. Job means that be came to a fixed resolution, by which he thenceforth guided his conduct, not even to "look upon a woman to lust after her" (Matthew 5:28).

Job 31-35 KJV - I made a covenant with mine eyes; why - Bible ...
Bible Gateway passage: Job 31-35 - King James Version
Job 31-35 King James Version (KJV). 31 I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid? 2 For what portion of God is there from above? and what inheritance of the Almighty from on high?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I had this once. I was incredibly enamored with a woman, and she was "perfect" in my mind. I was a fool for her.

She did not feel the same. Not at all.
I have done that in middle and high school and even in college but then I noticed that "the most wonderful girl" was every girl I got fixed on.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really.. I find some women really cute and think about them more often than others.. but with my psychology.. I can't really "fall in love" with women in the traditional sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not really.. I find some women really cute and think about them more often than others.. but with my psychology.. I can't really "fall in love" with women in the traditional sense.
What do you mean in the traditional sense?

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't have oneitis, as I love spending time with women. They are beautiful creations that God has given to us guys. I find women are lonely and so I try to help them with their loneliness. I find that keeps me full of job at the goodness of God to me.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,777.00
Faith
Christian

I know exactly what you mean - more than you'd ever realise, actually.

What I initially thought was "a fear of getting hurt" (a mentality which came from a break up that was quite frankly, bloody YEARS ago) I now realise is just a sense of resounding indifference for the conventional idea of "love".

I'm not likely to ever say "I love you" - I'm the type to most likely paint some sort of weird avant-garde painting to show it instead. Something that no one else but me will understand.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

View attachment 268282
That is setting yourself up for diappointment and a failed relationship if that person ever actually entered into a relationship with you. No person can meet that imaginary image of perfection and it is burdensome to place on them.

Oneitis is what God wants from us. No human is ever going to fill that void in us.

• Agree
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I unfortunately find One-itis very hard to avoid when I allow myself to get significantly attached to someone.
Try to thing of the times you had Oneitis before and how you don't find those girls special anymore.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Try to thing of the times you had Oneitis before and how you don't find those girls special anymore.
That doesn't really solve the problem. My brain doesn't seem to have a setting between "Jaded" and "Oneitis". That's the problem.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't really solve the problem. My brain doesn't seem to have a setting between "Jaded" and "Oneitis". That's the problem.
Well, try to find value on yourself. Oneitis makes you needy and women hate that.

Upvote 0