Axe Axe!
Dec 17, 2012
Somewhere back in time
✟8,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:234: I find people incredibly rude sometimes. Especially when it comes to crushes.

Maybe you're a bit too sensitive, maybe they're rude, maybe it's a bit of both :p

People will always be rude accidentally or on purpose, I can't say for your crushes as I don't know them, but Im pretty sure you've heard the question/saying thing "Why do we hurt the ones we love?" I always end up accidentally hurting people that I appreciate alot, but it's not on purpose, they're mostly misunderstandings and people get entitled into them and sometimes never give me another chance, but I learned so it's life, we always get "one chances" that we screw up over and over again, and once we're older we get full of regret unless we let em go and live with what we got with the ones that truly cherish us :)

but I guess I got sidetracked as usual by now, don't mind me I'm just an old man :muahah:

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Squeakers, that was a hilarious story! ^_^ I've been trying to smile more at men lately. It hasn't done much in the getting a date department. I feel like men are weirded out when I smile at them.

Anyway, I had two encounters with Mr. R today! They were completely random, but occurred in the same exact way! First, I'm sitting outside on this bench-like table by the pool on my school's campus, sipping my coffee and reading cases for my Torts class that's in about 30 minutes. I'm just there, studying, minding my own business, trying to focus. Then I hear, "Can I join you?" I look up and Mr. R is standing across the table from me, holding his books in one arm and his other hand is holding the edge of the chair across from me. I smile big (and probably looked really weird and/or awkward) and say "Sure!" We talk about class, homework, and our appellate briefs for a minute or two and then there's silence for the next 10 minutes as we're both intensely reading for class. Then another friend of mine, B, stops by the table and tells Mr. R and I about the blood drive on campus today. Mr. R says he definitely plans to give blood. B leaves a minute or so later. I ask Mr. R if he gives blood often and he says he does, that he likes to do what he can to help others who might need it. He then proceeds to tell me a couple stories from times that he gave blood. He asks me if I've ever given blood and I admit to him that I haven't because I'm scared haha. He insists that it's quick and painless and that I should do it. I say that I don't want to faint. He says, "Naw, you won't faint. It's only us big guys who faint. Seriously!" We both laugh. We get back to reading, and of course, I haven't been able to concentrate this ENTIRE time. All I keep thinking about is how warm it suddenly got, how awkward I must look, how the wind is blowing my hair into a frizzy, pouffy mess, how I can't come up with anything bright, amazing, endearing, and witty to say to him. Finally, it's time to go to class.

So Torts leaves me utterly confused...and hungry. I go to apartment, pack a lunch and decide to eat by the pool on my campus and read for Civil Procedure there because it's such a nice day outside. Plus maybe, just maybe, I'll get lucky again and Mr. R will come and sit by me a second time! Buuuut probably not. I don't have that kind of good luck lol! So I pick the same seat I was sitting in earlier when Mr. R sat with me, but not at all because of him. That seat and table is my favorite because it's shady, quiet, and in a corner, so people can't bug me when I want to read and can't hear me well when I want to chat with my friends there at that table. So a couple of my friends from the other section come and join me and eat with me for a few minutes, I tell them all about my encounter with Mr. R earlier in the morning, we all squeal a bit, and they head to class. I continue reading for Civil Procedure. Can't focus. I keep thinking about Mr. R and when he was sitting with me earlier. I wonder what it would be like, and what his reaction would be if I suddenly busted out in the middle of class and started singing and performing some ridiculous teeny-bopper Ke$ha song to him. I've always wanted to do something like that! ^_^ I decide that if someone paid me enough money, I'd be willing to do it for real.

So I put in my headphones and decide to finally focus on my Civil Procedure reading. There I am, listening to Coldplay and reading for Civil Procedure, minding my own business, in my zone and in my own little world...when I look up and suddenly Mr. R is in front of me, approaching me and mouthing something to me! But it's all mute because all I can hear is Coldplay's "Paradise." I rip an earbud out of one ear, blink several times, and do a major double take to make sure this is legit happening. It takes me a second to register exactly what just happened. Mr. R says something about joining me again that I missed because of my music. After I collect myself from my mini-heart attack (all of which takes about a few seconds), I tease him and say, "Back again?!" with a probably way too enormous smile on my face. We talk about a few things for like 5 minutes or so. He told me how he just came back from downtown and got some coffee, and how there was an art festival there that he thought was really interesting. We talked about downtown, and about coffee and espresso and then I asked him if he ended up giving blood and he said he did and that he was "in and out in 15 minutes!" He asked me if I ended up giving any. I looked down and shifted my eyes. He said, "That's a no!" and laughed. We both got back to reading, and DARN IT, this time I could not concentrate AT ALL. I was so self-conscious of every move, every gesture of mine and and every gesture of his. It took every ounce of me to focus on focusing. Needless to say I barely understood what I was reading. It was ridiculous! :doh: At this point, I started to wonder if Mr. R had figured me out and was using himself as kryptonite against me so that I would fail all of my classes from not being able to focus. I pushed that thought aside, concluding it to be ludicrous. Finally it was time to head to Civil Procedure. I packed up my stuff and walked part of the way to class with Mr. R. Then I bumped into my friends on the way and walked with them for a little bit.

Odd. Odd odd odd!!! :waaah:

I cannot figure Mr. R out! I'm pretty certain that he is, in fact, single based on what I've heard about him. Unlike all the other single men, he's not after any girl at school that I know of. (And words travels fast around here! ^_^) And he refused my roommate when she flat-out asked him out last semester. (And my roommate is a very pretty, popular blonde!) So what's his deal? Either he's harboring a secret crush on someone and simply waiting until the right time to make a move...or he's gay! There can be no other conclusion, right? He doesn't strike me as gay though. (But then again, you never know lol!) My guess is that he likes my friend C and is waiting until a good time to make a move. It's the only theory that makes sense. And they just got assigned to work together on a project (randomly assigned by the professor) in Contracts, so they'll be working together a lot in the next couple weeks. He'll probably make his move on her soon and I'm sure I'll hear about it from C.

Any which way, I know he isn't interested in me. (No surprise there since decent men never are interested in me.) A part of me wishes he won't sit by me again. Sure it's thrilling, but I can't get work done and I know that he's not interested in me, so it's only wasting my time and energy.

:234: :sad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Every time we get an update from Rose, I feel like we need to have one of those recaps like on TV shows. "Previously, on Rose's Crush Update..." :p

:ahah:

I enjoy telling and writing stores! So I guess that's why I tend to talk about my crushes in story-form.

One of these days, when I have more time, I'll write up a short story on here just for all of you! ^_^

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A friend and I used to write snail mail letters to each other, and I would write pages and pages about my crushes and every little interaction I had with them, so I know exactly where you're coming from, Rose.

Sounds like me when I'm explaining those stories to my friends! :p

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
you should write an epic! poem like Beowulf but about Ghazkhull! slayer of threads! it would be awesome!

Not very good at poetry, but I could always make you a slayer of some sort. :eheh:

:ebil:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

:muahah:

How do you know he isn't interested? :bigeye: I love these updates though!

Oh good! I'm glad people are enjoying my updates! ^_^

I dunno, I can just sort of tell. He doesn't go out of his way to talk to me or get to know me. And when we do talk, he doesn't go out of his way to keep the conversation going. I usually have to initiate any conversations between us. He doesn't seem to want to talk much to me. He's certainly nice to me. But I can tell that he just doesn't see me that way.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,017,903.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I dunno, I can just sort of tell. He doesn't go out of his way to talk to me or get to know me. And when we do talk, he doesn't go out of his way to keep the conversation going. I usually have to initiate any conversations between us. He doesn't seem to want to talk much to me. He's certainly nice to me. But I can tell that he just doesn't see me that way.
That's too bad. :( I'm sure you'll find someone fantastic soon. :hug:

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I would agree with your assessment. His loss...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's too bad. :( I'm sure you'll find someone fantastic soon. :hug:

I would agree with your assessment. His loss...

If he were interested, he would put in an effort to try to talk to me more often, to keep our conversations going, and to get to know me. He puts in enough effort to be deemed a decent, kind acquaintance, but that's it. I'm very used to men having zero interest in me, so I've become very good at telling when a man's not interested. As a result, I always end up being the friend with "realistic" assessments of my friends' crushes. When all the other girls (who are used to every guy they meet liking them) say something like "Oh he chose to sit by you?! That means he MUST like you!" to a friend of mine about her crush, I'm that one friend who will say "NOT necessarily!" and proceed to give my friend realistic advice about a guy she likes.

And Michael, I hope so. I hope you're right.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Or, there is an off chance you are reading him wrong, he may be well working up his courage to ask you out. He may have had his heart broken very deeply in the past by a bitter relationship with a coldhearted woman. And maybe now he refuses to trust easily, and wants therefore to avoid another similar relationship.

However, he has seen something in you, the one who sits in the corner, who considers things others don't even notice, who puts her friends first, who studies hard, that draws him to you.

Because of his past relationship he is slow to trust even you, the one who is special and different from the rest. But he is coming around to you, because you are friendly enough, but not so friendly as to run him off.

This is all conjecture on my part, based on my own life and when I decided to pursue a relationship again. But it sounds like an angle you have yet to consider. So I am putting it here for your consideration, before you drive him off with your sudden appearance of callousness.

BTW: I do like the way you tell your stories, perhaps you should write one for Masterpiece when you do find someone, and involve several of the ones you thought were the one but weren't.(A la Christy, Downton Abbey)

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟22,108.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I cannot figure Mr. R out! I'm pretty certain that he is, in fact, single based on what I've heard about him. Unlike all the other single men, he's not after any girl at school that I know of. (And words travels fast around here! ^_^) And he refused my roommate when she flat-out asked him out last semester. (And my roommate is a very pretty, popular blonde!) So what's his deal? Either he's harboring a secret crush on someone and simply waiting until the right time to make a move...or he's gay! There can be no other conclusion, right? He doesn't strike me as gay though. (But then again, you never know lol!) My guess is that he likes my friend C and is waiting until a good time to make a move. It's the only theory that makes sense. And they just got assigned to work together on a project (randomly assigned by the professor) in Contracts, so they'll be working together a lot in the next couple weeks. He'll probably make his move on her soon and I'm sure I'll hear about it from C.

Any which way, I know he isn't interested in me. (No surprise there since decent men never are interested in me.) A part of me wishes he won't sit by me again. Sure it's thrilling, but I can't get work done and I know that he's not interested in me, so it's only wasting my time and energy.

:234: :sad:

Well, when I first met my crush at the very beginning of law school, he told me flat out several times - I don't know why it needed repeating - that he didn't plan on dating anyone during his first year in law school because he wanted to focus on his school work. He, in fact, did go on one date with a girl the first week of law school (he had asked her out before school began, then the date got canceled & we all went out that night instead, then it was rescheduled, and it was just the one date). I mean my crush isn't gay and he isn't secretly dating someone - when something goes on in law school, everybody knows - it's like living in a fish bowl. There are no secrets, especially with FB and everything nowadays. He may not like me, but at least, I don't think he likes anybody else either.

Bottom line: Maybe he doesn't like anybody or he wants to focus on school.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.