✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh Joy :hug:
Your relationship will not be a mirror image of theirs. Don't be afraid to open yourself to love one day. God will truly bless you abundantly.

Aw, thank you, I sure hope so. :hug:

sorry :hug:

use their relationship as a teaching tool. Not to run away from love and relationships, but see how things broke down between them, how they treated eachother, etc... and it becomes a yardstick of sorts on what not to do in a relationship, what pitfalls to avoid, what sort of man to look for, etc...

you're not destined to follow in their footsteps, but you can be wiser for having seen what they've gone through.

To a much lesser extent, I'm sure, I've been watching my parents relationship the last few years and while there are good aspects to it that I want in my own marriage, there are things I want to avoid altogether. Its helping me to see what traps I might be more likely to fall into because of the example set for me, and it helps me to have a fuller picture of what I want my future marriage to look like and figure out now how I might best be able to achieve that.

Thank you, :hug: yeah, you are right, I've learned a lot from what I've seen in their marriage. All I can do is learn from that and trust God in what He plans for my life. :)

This and
Joy, I have no idea how my parents are still together after 28 years. They are very different people and have very little in common. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if they are hiding a divorce from everyone. I see my parents as, mostly, example of what not to do. There are some things that I do think were good, but I come from one of those homes that looks good on the outside, but on the inside it's rather dirty. In other words, my parents have very surface level relationship with each other, in fact, my entire immediate family is this way, and I'm the only one who seems to see it. I consider my grandparents as more of a parental figure.

I understand what you mean. Although my parents are no longer together. That must be hard, hopefully they will stay together. I guess we can learn a lot from just observing other people and their experiences. Same here, my grandparents have been together a long time and still love each other. :)

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh Joy :hug:
Your relationship will not be a mirror image of theirs. Don't be afraid to open yourself to love one day. God will truly bless you abundantly.

Or you might be unlucky and someone like me will start stalking you like I do Goldie. ^_^

Upvote 0

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, I have a crush on.......................................................................

:kiss:

this man.....:clap:

th

I am definitely looking forward to seeing him on the big screen next weekend ^_^......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gotta love analyzing text messages
I think the trick might be not analyzing them at all (well, at least not excessively like I do). Easier said then done, I know. :D

Reactions: chuck77
Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gotta love analyzing text messages

Yeah, don't analyse them at all...

If you don't get it, ask indirect questions; nothing creepy, possessive, or desperate though... just ask and if they say something along the lines of you're reading too much into nothing, say cool, thought so, but I'd hate to of missed out on something you wanted me to know about you.

You're welcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, don't analyse them at all...

If you don't get it, ask indirect questions; nothing creepy, possessive, or desperate though... just ask and if they say something along the lines of you're reading too much into nothing, say cool, thought so, but I'd hate to of missed out on something you wanted me to know about you.

You're welcome.

No, no it's about finding meaning in what she said, but reasoning behind it. It's really none of my business. She and I are having lunch together and she's bringing a friend (which I don't have a problem with for several reasons like we don't each other a decent amount but not that well, etc.). I'm only over thinking the smily face.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
haha, yeah, that's waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over analysing something that could be nothing. Just enjoy your lunch together and see what happens there.

I know, and I will. I hate eating in front of people, but I guess I would have to do it at some point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.