Do you have a "chip on your shoulder" about anything?

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Before I talk about my own, I will mention 3 of my siblings. Three of them are successful businessmen who all left school at 15. One of them in particular seems to carry such a chip. he will often say to me "but at least you have an education Paul". He rarely talks about current affairs or news, often focussing on details of his workplace. He is not a practising Christian (born Catholic but never goes to Church) I wonder if he discovered God , would he get rid of this chip? I feel sure he would.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I think my chip is this. I envy people who can go through life smoothly, take on leadership roles with confidence and make an impact on society for the better. Extroverts who handle social situations with ease.
But I can feel some improvement this year. Possibly God has given me some grace, some encouragement to overcome this. Small steps.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Of course I have a chip on my shoulder.
I see that its hard not to have one in your case, after reading that long list.
For me, I have no excuses really. I could've overcome my anxiety and confidence issues, if I had more confidence in God helping me. More faith. But I chose to reject him really.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No. I just think when someone has been hurt at a very deep level, for some they can't deal with it and don't trust anymore.

So you don't see the world as pretty good, you see it as bad.
I guess it is an unfortunate expression, rather negative I mean.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think my chip is this. I envy people who can go through life smoothly, take on leadership roles with confidence and make an impact on society for the better. Extroverts who handle social situations with ease.
But I can feel some improvement this year. Possibly God has given me some grace, some encouragement to overcome this. Small steps.
yup. step by step. very rarely is it quick i find

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I guess it is an unfortunate expression, rather negative I mean.
Not really, it is if someone is emotionally mature enough to handle that pain and get past it.

It's not negative in the fact that they are trying to be negative. One can see the world that way. It is not that pretty of a sight for some who have had a hard life.
Edit Post by ToBeLoved

Our roads are not all the same. People can live their truth and that be full of hurt. People with great childhoods always say this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think self-pity is truly justified for people who had dysfunctional childhoods. But I cant justify my own because my childhood was almost bliss.
I wasn't talking about you, I was just saying that sometimes hurt runs past a point that people can handle it and it changes them. And they see the world differently after that. It's like sheiding yoursef from pain by seeing all the problems. It is weird, sub concious stuff I believe for me at least.

It's not a choice, it just happens and then you are this person who cannot trust anymore.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think self-pity is truly justified for people who had dysfunctional childhoods. But I cant justify my own because my childhood was almost bliss.

The beauty of growing up in australia. I love the way you guys say ears btw, its very soothing to my soul.

• Haha
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2017
Houston
Visit site
✟16,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
well you can literally have a chip on your shoulder and be treated unfairly on a regular basis under circumstances that show peoples maturity level so.. that would make for a difficult situation where people might walk away. even though you have a chip on your shoulder.

Upvote 0