Do you hate the devil?

Do you hate the devil?

• I Hate the Devil

• I Do not mind the Devil

• I have some other view on devils and blah blah blah, im just going to make a long dumb post.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
Because of Satanic inspired Religion.
I don't think we are supposed to hate the devil, like we are not supposed to hate people. We are instructed to love our enemies and maybe that does include the devil. But we are told to be wary of sinners and to hate sin.

I don't know, I have been thinking about this recently.

Upvote 0

jream

am I even here anymore
May 10, 2007
Tennessee
✟1,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we are supposed to hate the devil, like we are not supposed to hate people. We are instructed to love our enemies and maybe that does include the devil. But we are told to be wary of sinners and to hate sin.

I think loving the devil could be categorized as loving your sin, and loving sin is wrong. Thats a neat thing to say.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
I love the devil. Hes done a great job fulfilling a role needed in this world. If anything, hes helping out God in fulfilling his plan. I sometimes even chuckle on how the Devil thought he could challenge and overthrow an omnimax being.
good point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
I think loving the devil could be categorized as loving your sin, and loving sin is wrong. Thats a neat thing to say.
but then you can say that hating the devil means that you love sin because you are having hateful feelings which are sinful feelings.

Upvote 0
H

HICKIE

Wow, that's a good point. ARE we allowed to hate the devil?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that's a good point. ARE we allowed to hate the devil?
Well we are allowed to hate sin, the devil is not a man, and hating him is not necessarily evil. Insofar as he has rejected God so completely that no man could ever even dream of doing.

Upvote 0

A Taffer

Stop right there criminal scum!
Jun 28, 2003
Utah
✟9,337.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 5:43 ¶Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

While Satan is certainly my enemy, I don't hate him. I'm not even sure I dislike him but I don't really like him either.

Upvote 0

ArcherOfEndor

Nov 12, 2007
✟15,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the Devil interests me. A lot. And no, I'm not a Satan worshipper and I'm not a follower, blah blah...I'm a staunch follower of JC. I've just always been interested in that whole cosmic otherworldly thing. I pity him to be honest (No, I'm not going to become his bestest friend)...I remember speaking to a teacher of mine at school when I went, and he said for Satan, Hell is more of an emotional thing, not physical. You see, the reason why Lucifer hates us is because the Angels were created to love God. Lucifer's emotionally screwed because on one hand he loathes God because he wants dominion over everything but on the other he loves God because that's how he was created.

He hates us because God created us with free will. We can do whatever the hell we want basically but we have the opportunity for forgiveness. All we need to do is ask. Lucifer can't get forgiveness. Ever. Ever. Eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer. He did the unforgiveable - rebelled against Heaven, tore it in half in battle.

A part of his hate for us is snobbery I think - those mortal fools have no idea or care for anything besides their stupid, meaningful 9-5 hour lives and they get Heaven in the end?

I just think the whole thing is really interesting. One day I would love to write a series of novels on the epic battle (Once I've studied theology and I've gotten other novels published). I already wrote a short story for my creative writing unit at uni.

Upvote 0