Do you go to Heaven directly after you die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by amie
you got it my friend...I'll pm you the whole story!
Amie

PM me to amie!!! Please!!! I'm fascinated!

Dave Ulchers: You say breaking one of the 10 commandments sends someone to hell? What about when Jesus says all matter of sin is forgiven? (Except the sin of unbelief/blasphemy against Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>What about when Jesus says all matter of sin is forgiven?

To be forgiven does not mean we can go right on sinning. Jesus did teach repentance also.

Luke 17:4 And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, 'I repent,' you shall forgive him."

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 6:14-15 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. [15] But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

The only way to be forgiven, is to forgive. That is why, those who are very forgiving people are also very loving people. Unforgiving people are unloving people.

Upvote 0

GW

Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
USA
✟17,838.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by JohnR7
2 Cor. 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Of course we live so close to the end of the age of grace, there will be those of us who do not die. But will be transformed when Jesus comes for His bride.

Brother,

I see you often listing that we are at "the end of the age of grace." I would like to see you back that with scripture. We have so many verses that tell us that the New Covenant Age (you call it the age of grace) has no end. We even see many verses like Eph 3:21 which states:

Ephesians 3:21
Unto him be glory IN THE CHURCH by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.

The notion that Christ's New Covenant era will come to a close is simply not a teaching of the Holy Spirit. Yet I see so many here who seem to believe it due to the dispensationalist teachings that were invented in the 1800s.

I don't wish to change subjects on this thread. I simply wanted to offer a thought that hopefully will challenge you to study the scriptures themselves to see if there is an "age of grace" that is coming to an end soon.

Thanks, and Christ's eternal grace to you,
GW

Upvote 0

Peacebestill

JESUS IS LORD
Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
✟8,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please PM me as well, Aimee. I wish I was clinically dead right now! I want to go! And I have a wonderful family and 3 kids that I love more dearly than life, so I think I will be staying put for some time. If it were up to me I'd be outta here NOW! Since I can't go for awhile I want to hear all about it please ). Many thanks.

Upvote 0

soulsisterclaire

JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME
Feb 26, 2002
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,279.00
PM me too amie...

Once while giving birth to my first child, I was put under complete anesthesia and I dreamed that I was going through this fleshlike, dark greyish tunnel toward a bright light. In this "dream" I was very scared and remember calling out for Jesus to help me. I got the feeling in the "dream" that He was there and did help me. (I was saved way before this and was walking with God in my life at the time of this "dream") I woke up before I reached the light at the end of the "tunnel"

I have always thought this was either me dying or me seeing the birth as my baby would see/experience it(because of the fleshlike walls/lining of the tunnel) It was weird...still I do not understand it...maybe it meant nothing and was just the anesthesia... :scratch:

Just a thought

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by Nick_Loves_Abba

PM me to amie!!! Please!!! I'm fascinated!

Dave Ulchers: You say breaking one of the 10 commandments sends someone to hell? What about when Jesus says all matter of sin is forgiven? (Except the sin of unbelief/blasphemy against Holy Ghost.
Romans 8

Deliverance from Bondage

1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Hell does wait for those attempting to simply live by the law only. But we who are covered by His blood as a result of His becoming sin and dying upon the cross then on the third day rising and ascending into the heavens, all those who believe in this,(that is to say live according to His sacrifice in the love of Christ) are saved from condemnation. We may face admonitions and convictions but when we do sin we can claim that blood, that sacrifice, and that ressurection. For that is the atoning sacrifice
and when under the umbrella of He who was perfect and became sin on the cross, and ask for forgiveness, we are forgiven with out question. That is his
manifold Grace. Praise His Holy Blessed Name. He is merciful. His mercies are new every morning. Thank You God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drmmjr

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟867.00
Faith
Christian
If we go to Heaven when we die, then why the need for the resurrection?

1 Corinthians 15:3 - For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 - And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 - And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 - After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 - After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 - And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9 - For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 - Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
12 - Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 - But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 - And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 - Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 - For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 - And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 - Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 - If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 - For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 - For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Jesus didn't go to Heaven before he was resurrected.

John 20:17 - Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by drmmjr
If we go to Heaven when we die, then why the need for the resurrection?

1 Corinthians 15:3 - For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 - And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 - And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 - After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 - After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 - And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9 - For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 - Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
12 - Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13 - But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
14 - And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 - Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 - For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 - And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
18 - Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
19 - If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
20 - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 - For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 - For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 - But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Jesus didn't go to Heaven before he was resurrected.

John 20:17 - Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
For our physcial bodies?

Upvote 0

2002 Christian

Mar 12, 2002
USA
✟897.00
Originally posted by JohnR7
2 Cor. 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
Do you see a difference between the Apostle Paul and JohnR7's words in bold above? I do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.