✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Personally, I don't.
I don't think skin colour makes a huge difference in attractiveness. If you're pretty, you'll be pretty pale, tanned, olive, or dark. I'm happy being pale.
I had a bad burn about 15 years ago on my shoulders - the red, peeling freckling kind on my shoulder blades. I ended up freckled - and it was such an uncomfortable experience that I gave up the sun after that.
I'm also paranoid about aging, but that's another story.

That said, I have friends who tan and they don't look like Oompa-Loompas. I know some people [aquaintances, co-workers] who do look like they've escaped from Wonka's factory, though.

While there is risks, I do think the risks have been blown out of proportion. Tan in moderation if you're going to do it.

Upvote 0

mxpxchrist_chic

post-it notes are sticky!
Mar 9, 2002
southwestern michigan
Visit site
✟7,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i love going tanning.. it does clear up the skin a bit, but i'm afraid of the aging effects on my face. But it still doesn't stop me. I do it though often to just relax cos it feels so nice! Its awesome after a hard day to just relax and lay in a warm bed. especially winter! mm its nice! But, i wouldn't recommend the year round tanning... it looks kinda funny if you are super tan in the winter, unless you vacation in cali, then your allright. :p

Upvote 0

KrazyPhish

Dead in the water...
Aug 30, 2004
A Kiwi living in Australia
✟18,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Too expensive and too dangerous.

Plus it would kinda undo my years of religious SPF 30+ every. single. day. all. year. round.

I just don't think it's worth it, fashion is so fickle -it used to be that I was "pale and weird", now I'm "pale and trendy, just like Bella Swan!" *gag* I rocked the pale look before Twilight made it trendy (it's true, it even says so in my sig :p)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Coconut12

Oct 20, 2005
Rosslyn, VA
✟15,515.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've used them, mainly for events and usually once when I need help clearing up my skin. I prefer sunning the natural way because tanning can get expensive and addicting actually. I say put on some SPF and sit outside an hour a day--- you'll feel and look better for it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Big Mouth

Forum Queen
Oct 22, 2009
Illinois
✟15,473.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Too expensive and too dangerous.

Plus it would kinda undo my years of religious SPF 30+ every. single. day. all. year. round.

I just don't think it's worth it, fashion is so fickle -it used to be that I was "pale and weird", now I'm "pale and trendy, just like Bella Swan!" *gag* I rocked the pale look before Twilight made it trendy (it's true, it even says so in my sig :p)

Ha ha ha!!!

I am naturally quite pale, if I feel the need to be darker then I use those tanning lotions, not a tanning bed. My mom died from cancer, so to put myself at that kind of risk just to be tan seems petty beyond reason.

Upvote 0

sandymc

Dec 25, 2009
Florida
✟7,629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm totally new here, but hope you don't mind me giving my advice, when I was young, my town came out with the first tanning salons, they were stand up booths, so I didn't worry about the sanitary thing, but I had always been very pale and wanted a tan, well I tanned probably for about 5 years, had a beautiful tan, then I read an article about the dangers and stopped cold turkey and started wearing a sunscreen, I think I was able to reverse some of the damage, but I go to the dermatologist every year for a skin check and it pretty much never fails, he cuts something off every time, I had one cut off that he told me was 1 degree away from being melanoma. It's just not worth it, I now believe pale is beautiful and wear sunscreen every day but the damage has been done. If I could go back I would never set foot in a tanning salon. :wave:

Sandy

Upvote 0