Do you feel old?

Do you feel old?

• Yes. Physically and mentally I am plain ol' wore out. And get off my lawn!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yes. But I thank God that I reached this age in the first place and am enjoying it.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No. I'm physically and mentally much younger than my years indicate.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No. Why do you think I bought a Corvette and still wear denim?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Khalliqa

Sep 30, 2006
✟28,944.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel like I am living in reverse. Each new day I feel younger and younger. I once knew everything; now I'm full of questions and wonder.

Mind if I send this quote to my coworkers. It's just so genuine.. and positive and uplifting!

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone!

As others have said here, first thing in the morning and last thing at night I feel old but more in the physical sense. I have an achilles injury which produces a lump after being on my feet all day. Hours of work (5am get up and not completing work related tasks until close to 9.30pm) means that some days I am physically and mentally tired. Hence not being on CF as often as I use to. Sometimes I limp like the war wounded.

I've found that I feel beyond exhausted more times than not now and yet my mind is alert. But I still like playing with my son and winding up my teenage daughter. :)

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I just turned 43 last weekend. There's days I feel better than others. I work 12 hour days also and am on my feet all day. That really does a number on a person and often I'm worn out even on days off.

Mentally, I've more an more lately began to consider that I most likely have far fewer years ahead of me and behind me. Guess it is what it is.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My youngest son got on a kick for asking me about "back then" So I started watching older movies and TV series with him to show him what is was like in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. He realized it wasn't as different from now as he thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My next door neighbour and myself were having a chat about the fact that her grandmother recalled both our properties getting damaged by a German bomb during WW2 (roofs got blown off due to the house across the road getting hit).

So when my daughter came home from school I told her about it excitedly.

With her head stuck in her 3DS, she cheekily asked me whether I was scared when the bombs fell.

She's either getting very ninja-like or else I am getting older because she was able to dodge me chasing her up stairs. :D

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 33, and people do tend to believe I'm old and a lot more experience than my age testifies to. But I'm not old. Since I'll never have a family anyways, I have a long life still ahead of me, and old is really about one's time left more than how long one has been around.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am reviving this old thread as there is no where for me to put this observation of myself which made me just laugh out loud, but which I judged as typical of how my mind works now.

I was cruising through the latest threads on the forums tab which have been responded to in each section (as you do), when I saw a thread called "Thoughts on weed?".

Thank the Lord I didn't go through with clicking on it to immediately put a response about the fact that I am finding them more of a battle in my flower beds now but I reckon it was down to the milder summer we had in the UK. Something instead told me to pay careful attention to where the thread was located before responding...

It just tickled my funny bone that I was innocently going to say that :D

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0